It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Ahmed Suspended From Labor Party For Allegedly Offering £10-Million Bounty On Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

WANTED!

thewesternexperience.com

member of the British House of Lords, offered a bounty of £10 million (about $16 million) for the capture of President Barack Obama, and former President George W. Bush
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-4-2012 by Maxmars because: Alternate story link and title provided...... www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
wow! UK is funnest country in the world

Lord Ahmed’s call for an attack on the U.S. head of state is the first by a Member of Parliament since the War of 1812, the last time the U.S. and Britain were at war.

Aside from a serious breach of international protocol, as well as a possible violation of British laws against terror and incitement, Lord Ahmed’s statements reflect a broader European trend in the appeasement of radical Islam. Rather than discouraging such extremism, appeasement–through the elevation of self-appointed spokespersons like Lord Ahmed–has encouraged some Muslims to take even bolder anti-western stances

thewesternexperience.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Would be nice if there was a working link?

Something to substantiate this claim?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Link doesn't work. Looking story up now though. Seems like I heard he was barred from the labor party over this.

Here is a working link to the story, though I don't know if it is the same one you were linking to.

www.ibtimes.com...
edit on 4/16/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well I know they don't like it when we say "math" instead of "maths".

We're in trouble now.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The link isn't working for me, may just be my phone however. As much as I would like to see them being captured for their bounty, we know it's not going to happen.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Well I know they don't like it when we say "math" instead of "maths".

We're in trouble now.

That's because it's incorrect. Obviously.

Damn colonials.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Here you go........working link on this story form today....link

He claims not to have said it (yeah....he was hacked.....). I think the point he was making though is that there isn't much if anything in the way of evidence against the guy they announced the bounty on. So, therefore, what gives the US the right to put a $10 million bounty on him?

I really do not like Lord Ahmed myself but i have to agree with him on this one.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

However, Lord Nazir Ahmed denied the allegation saying that his remarks on Islam and Prophet was misinterpreted.

Wait..... so there is no bounty?

Echoes...
Nevermind boys..... put it away, no, we don't need any of that, the reward was a phony. Forget it. Go back to the PBR and dart board.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ah! For a moment there I thought something important had happened! Obviously I was mistaken! One really must learn to differentiate between an actual offer of work, and a statement made in order to strengthen a political position. While the wording could be seen as unfortunate, it SHOULD be seen as the comment of a gentleman who refuses to beat around the Bush/bush.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is the same Lord that was banned for driving and got a pathetic 12 month jail sentence for causing death by dangerous driving

www.guardian.co.uk...

Guess he dosnt want to be a Lord anymore, and at this rate he wont be for much longer.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsrreal

Guess he dosnt want to be a Lord anymore, and at this rate he wont be for much longer.

I thought being a "life peer" was irrevocable? Is that some sort of royal appointment like being knighted?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I know, I alread had half the team assembled before I found out it wasnt for real...BA and Hannibal were in.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

I think we will soon see in the British House of Lords members of the Taliban

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is same country where a member of the House of Lords thought a nigerian scheme was real and made a total ass out of himself prsenting their fake documents with laughably large sums on them.

I wouldn't worry about a few loony MP's.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Obama can announce a bounty on people in the name of "peace" but when someone else does it....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dude was making a point.. not a bounty.

If tho.. US govt officials can convene in secret deciding who to assassinate / revenge kill, I see no problem with this guy at least being transparent about it.

That guy who calls himself president routinely orders people summarily killed / murdered.. what goes around, comes around... he should expect the same.

"Reacting to the US bounty, Ahmed said: "If the US can announce a reward of $10m for the captor of Hafiz Saeed, I can announce a bounty of £10m on President Obama and his predecessor George Bush,""

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Lord Ahmed is a bit of an arse but I sysmpathise with him here.
And whilst I don't necessarily agree with him I certainly understand the point he was trying to make and why he said it.

And it's just another example of how restrictive and dogmatic party politics are and how the current system is failing us and how we need urgent radical reform of our current system and processes.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

However, Lord Nazir Ahmed denied the allegation saying that his remarks on Islam and Prophet was misinterpreted.

Wait..... so there is no bounty?

Echoes...
Nevermind boys..... put it away, no, we don't need any of that, the reward was a phony. Forget it. Go back to the PBR and dart board.

Is it just me or do we seem to have more and more "it was mistranslated" excuses?

I wonder if the West can pull that off.....

We never said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction... We were mistranslated...
Iran never called for Israel to be wiped off the map... they were mistranslated....
Karzai never said Americans were demons.. it was mistranslated....
Mohamed never said kill all infadels.. He was mistranslated.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join