It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Variation & Race Survey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If you don't mind, could you take the time to answer these 5 questions? I'm just curious as to what the beliefs are of ATS members concerning "race". Being politically correct isn't a requirement; put down the best response, in your opinion, for each question.

1. What is your definition of the term "race"?

2. How many human races exist (# and list what they are)?

3. How much genetic contribution does one need to have in order to be included within a particular group or category?

4. What features, characteristics, or behaviors would you associate with each group (for each group you listed in #2)?

5. Are there any other comments you would like to make?

Thanks.
edit on 4/16/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I consider myself a member of the human race. That is all.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I'll agree with that 100%

We are one unified race of HUMANS sharing this one planet.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ill play

Age= prefer to keep it to myself
Race= Caucasian

1) Hard to define, I guess a particular group of people
2) I would say 6 main races each with quite a few sub groups
Asians
Caucasians
Africans
Indians
American natives
Arabs
too many sub groups to list
3) I guess its more about appearance than genetics
4) Im Caucasian so will use it as my reference point
Asians= smaller frame, smaller eyes, straight black hair, brown eyes
Caucasians= .......... Damn this is hard......... not sure
Africans= dark skin, brown eyes, curly black hair, larger frame
Indians= tanned skin, brown eyes, black straight hair, funny noses
American natives= tanned skin, black straight hair, brown eyes
Arabs= Tanned skin, black curly hair, brown eyes
I havent listed behaviors or characteristics as these things are determined by many factors
5) what is the purpose of this questionaire? what are your personal answers to these questions?
American natives=

edit on 16-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Racial/Ethnic group: Mutt (Black,Chinese, American Indian)

1. My definition of Race: Another way to seperate people.
2. How many races exist: 3. Mongoloid,Caucasoid and Negroid, Although we should be worried about the one race that matters, the human race.
3. It really doesn't matter. One drop and you're no longer a pure blood, lol. We're all mixed with something so we're all mutts.
4. None of the stereotypes for race features, characteristics and behavior really apply anymore. Back in the day it would have been broken down something like this:
Mongoloid: Eyes-almond shaped, Hair- black, very straight, Skin-yellow (although it's not really yellow), thin lips.
Caucasoid: Eyes- "round" eyes, usually in varying colors, Hair-various colors, straight, curly or wavy, skin-white, sometimes tanned. Thin lips, thin nose.
Negroid: Eyes- "round" eyes, usually dark in color, Hair- Kinky, curly or straight (perm), Skin- black, brown, high yellow, red bone.
I'm not touching the behavior aspect. Too many variables play a part in behavior to try to assign certain behaviors to certain "races".
5. I always wonder why (in most cases) the first question about ethnicity/race is hispanic or non hispanic and THEN they break it down into other races.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Thanks. This isn't intended for racist purposes. I strongly believe race is a social construct and nothing more (some will say that's a silly statement, I know).

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Self-Identified Racial/Ethnic Group:
Human

A competitive event in which reaching a goal before the other participants is the aim.

2. How many human races exist?
One, and we are all in it.

3. How much genetic contribution does one need to have in order to be included within a particular group or category?
What specifically are you talking about here? Which groups or categories? Who am I to suggest these things? There are geneticists who's job it is to know these things, ask them. Me? I couldnt give a monkeys where a person is from, as long as they are decent in the soul.

4. What features, characteristics, or behaviors would you associate with each group?
Well theres only one group, humanity, and we are all members. Our traits include fractiousness, the invention of borders where none exist, the constant rape of the planets resources, hatred of ourselves and one another, artistry, a taste for chaos, a taste for calm, we are a loving, hurtful, friendly bunch of disassociative psychopaths, with strong moral values who enjoy eachothers most abject agonies.

Race is an outmoded terminology, which has no meaning. When a scientist describes two butterflies of differing type, he says that they are of different species, not different races. That is because race only applies to mankind, and is another invention we foisted upon ourselves back in the past, to justify to ourselves the taking of slaves. Now that practice has been illegal for some time, and we live in a multicultural melting pot, with all the heady drama and beauty that comes with it, I would rather we didnt bother with it. They say that we are very similar to pigs in terms of our genetics, and our biochemistry in general. That is why pigs are used to simulate human corpses at things called body farms, where forensics officers learn thier trade. They use the same kinda pig no matter what colour the deceased might be when they get to the real scene. So do not try to tell me that theres a difference between black and white, Christian and Muslim, or Russian and Chinese. There isnt. We live the same and we die the same, with just very slightly different accents.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
1. race is a characteristic of the subgroups of the being of man and mankind.

2. the connotation from observance to associated similarities does not extent beyond the observance of difference though a race may be perceived as having been imbued with one ore more different or similar emanations of/from god/?. begrudgingly i will say there are primarily 2 separate races(distinctions on the platform man and mankind) and sub groups permeating both races; but for my definition of race i consider woman and man as the 2 races. the sub group could potentially transcend a color definition of race. for ex a person like Leo da vinci could be classed race man but subgroup genius since his expression from emendation can be perceived his being and genius being a persons interpretation regarding observed differences within the prior 2 races as well as the ways manifestation can express like a kaleidoscope on the template of man and mankind.

3. this depends on a beings expression as created. the aforementioned potential similarities of peoples as groups does not preclude an emendation or race or sup group to have characteristics identical to how a being can be classed; and this function of classification can and will change over time, per the individual not the functions of time on their particular groups:

4. the features that are associated with the race man changes over time based on the way nature is interacting with god and thats my perception.

5. .

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I'm listing what i see/learned/experienced.

Humans with different appearence.

Caucasians, Africans, Middle Eastern, Eastern Asian, South Asian.

Skin Colour and facial features mainly.

4. What features, characteristics, or behaviors would you associate with each group (for each group you listed in #2)?

This is more to do with cultures. If a Caucasian or African kid grow up with South Asian or Eastern Asian parents, they would value education more. Nothing to do with race.

Only way we can live peacefully is to be either develop a new colour and forget our history or evolve into an advanced status where we can understand each other thru our minds without speaking a single word.
edit on 4/16/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Self-Identified Racial/Ethnic Group:
Human. aka Earthling.

To compete in a contest of speed and/or to move rapidly or at top speed.

Just one.

You supplied the answer, as to what that race is, in your question...how many human races exist? Just one.

100%

Bipedal, oppositional thumbs, the ability to rationalize and problem-solve...self-awareness leading to spiritual investigation and speculation...innovation and development of mathematics, language, and music.

Just that I hope I didn't sound terse or snippity...and I'm not being facetious. This is how I feel about race....the same way I view GOD and our collective planetary home...one is really all we need!.
Any more than one and someone gets to fightin' over whose is the best...and we truly do have better things to do than to fuss and fight all the time...(we can work it out!)

new topics

top topics

join