It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO "Knowingly Poisoned Workers" Causing Devastating Birth Defects -

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
www.courthousenews.com...
www.linkedin.com...

- Monsanto is being brought to court by dozens of Argentinean tobacco farmers

- they say that Monsanto ;knowingly poisoned them' with herbicides and pesticides

- causing ”devastating birth defects” in their children

- farmers are also suing the tobacco giants they were growing for, including Phillip Morris

- birth defects include cerebral palsy, down syndrome, psychomotor retardation, missing fingers, and blindness.

- the farmers come from small family-owned farms in Misiones Province and sell their tobacco to many United States distributors

- they say that major tobacco companies like Philip Morri asked them to use Monsanto’s herbicides and pesticides, assuring them they were safe

- the majority of the farmers used Monsanto’s Roundup, an herbicide with the active ingredient glyphosate that has shown to kill human kidney cells.

- the farmers say that the tobacco companies pushed Monsanto’s Roundup use without protective equipment.

- the farmers say the tobacco giants required the struggling farmers to ‘purchase excessive quantities of Roundup and other pesticides’.

- most shocking, the farmers were ordered to discard leftover herbicides and pesticides directly into the groundwater supply

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Monsanto... I've come to associate that name with pure evil. For one they're in bed with the bureaucratic agencies & integrated near-completely into the global political system --- beyond disturbing. Scientific studies continuously proving their genetic "creations" to be a direct threat to the health and stability of human [offspring].

Hard to not be angry or hateful when you know these psychopaths are knowingly mass-poisoning their own species....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Monstanto has already poisoned the entire globe. Unfortunately the harm that they have caused not only too our natural food supply but our ability to feed ourselves through more organic means by way of lobbying and manipulating legislation has reached a point of almost no return.

It will take an overwhelming force to back track what they have been able to accomplish with the help of the EPA, there very evil partners in crime.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I'll be back...

Like to read more about this!
I don't understand why the general public dosn't know or care about all this BS. It's no scret...Why aren't more people worried?
edit on 16-4-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I know hate for Monsanto is popular, but do these farmers have any proof?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Popular aside. There is a MOUNTAIN of proof to be had by anyone with a pulse that this company is nothing short of evil. Do you keep up with current events? Do you do any research into topics? I ask because in the last six months there has been a shocking amount of evidence that Monsanto is one of the worst companies on the face of the planet and yet they are fully backed by the EPA.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
what more proof can be had, and burden thereof, but their very own progeny, future - their children - born with cerebral palsy, down syndrome, psychomotor retardation, missing fingers, and blindness!

heres a successful case that "could lend weight" to others:

plus, 28 countries and growing, have banned Monsanto. apparently though, Americans like being poisoned

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged. I am furious that I go to the store and all the leading brand names. No, scratch that, in the stores, there are 2 choices in everything, ie. Green Giant veggies, or Quakers Rolled Oats, and some no name. And The Big Names are All Monsanto.

And no way can overburdned people with poor health make all their food from scratch without a huge TEAM and LAND.

They work for LEGION!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Popular aside. There is a MOUNTAIN of proof to be had by anyone with a pulse that this company is nothing short of evil. Do you keep up with current events? Do you do any research into topics? I ask because in the last six months there has been a shocking amount of evidence that Monsanto is one of the worst companies on the face of the planet and yet they are fully backed by the EPA.

Yah, see, while I am convinced their way of doing business is not so great I have yet to see any actual evidence that their products are dangerous. I mean, I cant make a judgment on a companies product without evidence to support it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Yah, see, while I am convinced their way of doing business is not so great I have yet to see any actual evidence that their products are dangerous. I mean, I cant make a judgment on a companies product without evidence to support it.

Bro, seriously.... Without getting into linking like a million threads, MSM articles and a bunch of other crap I want to first throw out one thing. They are genetically altering all of our food without oversight. Do you think that is a safe and wholesome practice? They are allowed to do this because they have billions of dollars and have lobbied corrupt lawmakers to do so. They are the modern day Frankenstein of food and it reaches almost every table in America.

All of this because of corporate influence, funding and campaign backing and none of it for the good of mankind. They have lobbied laws to disallow us to feed ourselves from the Earth and steer us into the direction of there foods and there foods alone which have all been altered in ways we can not yet understand as far as our health and well being is concerned.

EPA? lol, FDA? lol These are the two biggest jokes in the American government and the sad thing is the punch line is all of us..... Tyranny in it's most purest form.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Its hard to take you seriously when you say things like "genetically altered foods must be dangerous" and "they have tried to outlaw growing our own food". Statements I know to be incorrect or a twisting of actual facts and circumstances. So yes, forgive me for not bowing down and agreeing with you.

Please, if you have any evidence that their products are dangerous then please post it. Otherwise, you cant expect me to pick up my pitch fork and start rioting. Which, by the way, is what you should be doing since you believe this stuff. And since you are "informed" it is your fault that you have not tried to stop it.

I mean, seriously people, if you believe this stuff it is your responsibility to stop it. When the human race is gone our deaths are on your hands since you "knew" and did nothing to stop it.
edit on 16-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Its hard to take you seriously when you say things like "genetically altered foods must be dangerous" and "they have tried to outlaw growing our own food". Statements I know to be incorrect or a twisting of actual facts and circumstances. So yes, forgive me for not bowing down and agreeing with you.

Please, if you have any evidence that their products are dangerous then please post it. Otherwise, you cant expect me to pick up my pitch fork and start rioting. Which, by the way, is what you should be doing since you believe this stuff. And since you are "informed" it is your fault that you have not tried to stop it.

I mean, seriously people, if you believe this stuff it is your responsibility to stop it. When the human race is gone our deaths are on your hands since you "knew" and did nothing to stop it.

So let me get this straight..... Now I have to wage a war to enlighten you on your own personal ignorance? You claim it is others responsibility to know things but you have not done your own homework.

I'm not asking you to pick up a pitchfork, I'm asking you to care enough to lift a finger and actually care, if not for yourself, your family, your mom, your sister, your brother, your kids....... I know the truth of the matter because I have done my homework and my research. I don't intend to convince you for accolades on ATS. If you don't want to listen then your fate is your own.

I have turned away from educating people who care nothing about educating themselves. It's not worth my time because there is just too much educating to do and that time is better spent on me and mine. Don't get me wrong though, I still wish you the best. I just won't do the work for random people anymore, you are going to have to start doing that for yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

So let me get this straight..... Now I have to wage a war to enlighten you on your own personal ignorance?

No, I claim it is your responsibility to wage war based on your knowledge.

You claim it is others responsibility to know things but you have not done your own homework.

No, I claimed it is your responsibility to use you knowledge. BTW, I HAVE done my home work. Never, not once, have I come across any evidence of GMO's made by Monsanto being dangerous. You are claiming they are, I am asking for proof since I have not come across any. By all mean, enlighten my ignorance.

I'm not asking you to pick up a pitchfork, I'm asking you to care enough to lift a finger and actually care, if not for yourself, your family, your mom, your sister, your brother, your kids..

Okay, well when I am presented proof of, and convinced of, the dangers of their product I will do so. Until then, "helping the cause" would be a foolish venture since their may well not be anything to fight.

I know the truth of the matter because I have done my homework and my research.

After doing my homework and research I am not convinced.

I don't intend to convince you for accolades on ATS. If you don't want to listen then your fate is your own.

Hmm, its not as if I am in denial or anything or plugging my ears and going "LALALALA". I just need more than your word and scary youtube videos to go off of. What I need is testable evidence that their product is dangerous.

I have turned away from educating people who care nothing about educating themselves.

I have educated myself on Monsanto. My conclusion: They are master of economics and their product is no more dangerous than standard veggies.

It's not worth my time because there is just too much educating to do and that time is better spent on me and mine.

Then what are you going to do now? Are you just going to post about it in conspiracy forums

Don't get me wrong though, I still wish you the best.

You as well.

I just won't do the work for random people anymore, you are going to have to start doing that for yourself.

Hmm, I have read enough about Monsanto for lifetime. I do, after all, frequent a conspiracy forum. One thing that is always lacking is evidence that their product is dangerous. I have had this conversation before and I always get the same answer: "Do your own research". Well, it is not up to me to prove your claims. I have obviously been looking in the wrong place for this evidence you and other insist exist, so why can you not point it out for me? There is nothing wrong with me asking for you to prove your claims.

However, there is a lot wrong in you telling me to prove your claims.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Ugh..See, now what do I believe? Who here is right? If this case is for real, then the birth defects seem like pretty clear evidence of the chemicals used being beyond dangerous. And if there is evidence that they did "push" the farmers to use the Monsanto round up chemicals, then that's also criminal. But why would they want to cause harm to the farmers offspring? Did they know the stuff would cause birth defects? Was there an alternate and comparable chemical they could of used that wouldn't harm, but they went with the dangerous stuff anyway? Oh jease, I'm tired and confused

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Monsanto... I've come to associate that name with pure evil.
Hard to not be angry or hateful when you know these psychopaths are knowingly mass-poisoning their own species....

Me too- and earlier tonight, I was looking for agricultural grants, to see what was out there maybe for small business owners that were looking to start green or sustainable business.

I didn't find anything like that -grants that might help USA- but I found a good many grants for African nations to
"encourage and spread the use of CERTIFIED seed."

That means Monsanto.

The Wikileaks files taught me that the US state dept was the US Monsanto Sales Dept.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'd like to see more of this, Monsanto being sued.

But the cynic in me says, they will always walk away with smiles of victory on their faces.

They have their fingers in many pies and many powerful people.

edit on 16-4-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Your logic is fatally flawed my friend. In another topic, at another time, I may be inclined to shed my knowledge on you but in truth I think you already know and are just fishing within this thread. If you are truly as blind as you have portrayed yourself then I don't know if I can help you. If you really wan't to know the details and are really interested in this topic, go ahead and PM me. Ill send you the links to review.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Ill be surprised if he pm's you. Some have no interest in the truth but ample concern for spreading doubt publicly.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
reply to post by Helious

Ill be surprised if he pm's you. Some have no interest in the truth but ample concern for spreading doubt publicly.

I really doubt anyone is listening to him. The "piece by piece quote with rebuttal" format is a well-known hallmark of a shill/troll/derailer. People recognize it and scroll right on by, as they should.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by TsukiLunar

Your logic is fatally flawed my friend. In another topic, at another time, I may be inclined to shed my knowledge on you but in truth I think you already know and are just fishing within this thread. If you are truly as blind as you have portrayed yourself then I don't know if I can help you. If you really wan't to know the details and are really interested in this topic, go ahead and PM me. Ill send you the links to review.

Thanks for being woefully unhelpful and talking to me like a child. It really makes me want to believe and agree with what you are saying

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join