It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video games as outlets of truth(Deus Ex and Legacy of Kain)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hi all of you.

Consider me a nerd, but I kind of like playing video games. A lot. I played my first video game when I was 3 years old, and ever since, I have been playing a cr@pload of games. That's not the point however.
I have played quite a few ones that implied some of the stuff that are hidden from the common masses, but this is so obvious I could not let it go.
I am currently playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
For those who are not familiar with the title, here's my short description.
It is the year 2027, the rise of nanotechnological augmentations(implants of the brain, and even the replacement of entire limbs). The wealthier percentage of the human population can afford implants in their brains, which makes them more smart/faster in terms of response, and such. The rest of the society is rather in a bad state.
I also think it is worth mentioning that augmented bodies tend to reject these completely artificial additions, thus these people constantly need a drug called Neuropozyne, which is both very expensive and addictive. It is used for taking away the pain of this rejection. So these people are very dependent on the system.
I will not describe it further. If it interests you, get it, or read about it.
So, I was just walking around, when I overheard a rant from a hobo just outside LIMB clinics(Liberty In Mind and Body International). If I remember correctly, he was talking to(or rather shouting at) a police officer standing by. Of course the latter was denying everything.
I can not recall the exact thing he was saying, but he was ranting about the protests outside LIMB being a false flag for enacting REX84 and Martial law, and thus putting most of the human populace in concentration camps.
Thus I started carefully reading all the eBooks scattered around the gameplay area.
I found one, about mandatory chip implants(RFID maybe, but it's name was not specified) and that the population will be chipped, and those who are in the system will only be able to work, shop, have medical care, have children, etceteraetceteraetcetera, while the rest of society will be completely cut off from the benefits of the system.
The last sentence was: A population which is fully monitored can not be free.
The protagonist(Adam Jensen) also had a question regarding a terrorist having a connection with FEMA.
I also read an eBook about their predictions of a future where nations do not exist, rather megacorporations rule the world, and the people working to them belong to these corporations.
While I am well aware that most(if not all) of you know about rex84, RFID, concentration camps of FEMA, and all that, I wanted to point out because I found it important for some reasons)
The reasons are for you to decide.
However, my question is:
Do you think TPTB let this out(like in various movies and tv shows) or that there is resistance like us, among the creators of this magnificent game, and they planted it?
And: If you know about other games putting out this kind of information, I'd like if you shared it with me.
Thanks in advance.

Ohh. I almost forgot another classic I love. Legacy of Kain.
It's story and universe is so vastly massive(and kind of encircled into itself) that I can not describe it.
Maybe, I'll try:
So. Given this world, Nosgoth.
There are two main factions fighting each other: vampires, and hylden. The hylden were at some point banished from the world into the demon realm, thus they cursed the vampires with immortality, and the thirst for blood. God rejected them because of this immportality, and thus most of them ended their lives. Part of banishing the hylden, the vampires erected nine pillars, and to it, called ten guardians(the tenth being Janos Audron, the guardian of the Reaver)...soforth. It is really massive, so I will not go into it further. Read about it or get it, again.
There were two quotes which made me make relate it to the agenda of TPTB.
Here they are.

'There is a Magical operation of maximum importance: the Initiation of a New Aeon. When it becomes necessary to utter a Word, the whole Planet must be bathed in blood.'

and another.

'Once I embraced my gifts, I realized that Vorador was right; we are gods... dark gods and it is our duty to thin the herd.'

The latter I can relate to their agenda called 'The Great Culling'.

Anyways.
The whole Legacy of Kain series is littered by ominous references to TPTB, illuminati and such.
And it's story can be described best by the word: amazing. It is so massively complex that even I can not describe it in ten sentences(and not even by twenty).
If you are into video games, I can only recommend both these titles, because they are two of the greatest games I have ever seen.(for me, the story is the primary aspect)
Then again: Are they silent whispers from the resistance of the gaming industry, or outlets from TPTB?
Thanks for your time.
Keep up the good fight.

P.S.: If I find any more references in Deus Ex like this, I will add it to this thread. If you do, feel free to do it in a form of a post.
edit on 12/4/15 by Narcissous because: correction of title

edit on 12/4/15 by Narcissous because: correction of text

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Narcissous

While playing Deus Ex Human revolution I ran across a brothel where they coerced or forced women to get augmentations for the customers pleasure, and they get dependent on the drug. I felt totally compelled to help the women I came across even if it ment killing a few people. Haven't finished it, but I should.

Oh and bad call making twilight references with legacy of kain. A series well established before twilight was published. The way you say it makes it sound like legacy of kain copied twilight. ? Anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

edit on 15-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Apr 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Ohh, now I see it. English is not my native language, so I sometimes slide over things like this. I will correct it. Thank you. And by the way. I like your picture. King of the hill FTW

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Legacy of Kain was definitely underrated as a game, but the spin-offs with that jawless piece of crap didn't help to well. Dues ecks on the other hand was probably the most overrated game of all time.

new topics

top topics

join