It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture vs NONE rapture (dialogue to all christians)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Right, and if you want to go that route i will say this. If you can't believe even one part of it, if you throw out even one part of it you have to throw it all out and then what are you left with? Hm? Absolutely nothing. If you're going to cherry pick the bible you negate the entire thing and you're better off walking after your own desires.
Maybe for you but I don't have a problem with it. Where do you get this idea from anyway? I don't think there is some authoritative quote in the Bible telling anyone that if in some far distant time, technology allows for all these different books to be printed in a single volume, then you must accept the wisdom of the printer as to what is to be held as sacred prophetic authority.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The greek word for rapture is Harpazo and since some people (like JM) will say there's no such thing as rapture, there it is...the harpazo event.

Will it happen like we think? Of that i am not sure, if it does good, if not we're going to be in for a buttload of torture and pain if we get caught. In the end the harpazo event is not what is important. What is important is King Yeshua, our Messiah and keeping his commandments.

I'm hoping i am worthy to go if/when it does happen and if not? Feeling my head roll across the floor like a ball is going to be wierd.
Wait, you're not a child in Africa are you? Over there, that's where christians are killing children for being witches...you know...like the good ole days in the U.S. and Europe...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I'm no expert on the matter, but shouldn't the Bible tell you the answer?
...and that be the problem. It depends on how the "holy spirit" leads you to interpret things.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Talk to OldCorp, he knows quite a bit about FEMA camps. He's been investigating them lately. Big large FEMA camps, giant FEMA coffins that can hold 1000 cremated corpses, and large mobile coroner tractor tailers capable of storing 30-50 bodies. Gotta wonder.
You think that christians are going to be slaughtered? By whom? Most of the U.S. is christian. Many of the U.S. soldiers are christian. Will it be christians killing christians or something?

No one should be executed for their beliefs. Only when they act on those beliefs and do something horrible to other people worthy of an execution, and that means any religion, not just chrisianity.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
[more It has been my experience that people who make bold denials and invoke the your a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory nut has a very limited uptake in whats going on in the world . I have noticed that they have tunnel vision and most of the time it's from looking down the neck of a brown bottle or the equivalent vise . We have all been there but there is little time now to see what is about to overtake us .
But to respond to your statements ; No ! America is not all Christian . Even of those that say they are there is but a small minority that goes to church , reverences God or believes Jesus was resurrected . Most have been baptized only to never be seen in church again . Most do not pray , try to keep Gods commandments or the 2 commandments the Lord gave us .
Our troops are mostly not committed to Jesus and most likely will not be doing the actual battle against us . The UN will direct that part with foreign troops already housed over here for that job . Bill Clinton in a press conference as much as admitted that we have a large UN force of Armed foreign soldiers in Kentucky and Tenn. being housed .
In your spare time you might want to research < Fema Marshal Law .> or < REX 84 > then we will talk .Another good one is ENDGAMES by Alex Jones look at the trailor for that video . America is not La La land any longer .

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I've read it, front to back, revelation numorous times, what is your point? are you tryin to say i am a hollow christian? just say it

Not at all, I'm saying you're looking for answers in the wrong place.

I'm not a Christian, I'm not even a theist. It just seems that all of the people in the Bible who got answers got them from God and the Bible - not dudes on the internet.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

n

I'm not a Christian, I'm not even a theist. It just seems that all of the people in the Bible who got answers got them from God and the Bible - not dudes on the internet.

All noble theological fathers of the church used greek rhetoric to obtain their philosophy about christianity

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't really perceive the Rapture anywhere in Scripture but there is one thing that puzzles me. In the Lord's Prayer, we are asked to pray for God's Kingdom to come and His will to be done ... as in Heaven, which I take to mean the state of things described at the end of Revelation. However, later on in the Lord's Prayer we are asked to pray "Lead us not into the time of trial (or that is one translation anyway) but deliver us from evil". Well, how can we get to the point at the end of Revelation without going through the tribulations described earlier in the book, unless we are somehow lifted out of them? Hasten to point out, I am not a theologian.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
Our troops are mostly not committed to Jesus and most likely will not be doing the actual battle against us . The UN will direct that part with foreign troops already housed over here for that job . Bill Clinton in a press conference as much as admitted that we have a large UN force of Armed foreign soldiers in Kentucky and Tenn. being housed
I live in Kentucky. Where are these UN forces kept?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by natters
.I'm also sick of being told that I wont be raptured simply because I don't believe in the rapture

You're quite right.
Whether there is a "Rapture" or not, believing in the Rapture is certainly not one of the conditions of faith.
So if we're both wrong, and the Rapture does happen in the way predicted, there's no reason whatever why we should be excluded just because we weren't expecting it.

Believing in the harpazo event is not a prerequisite for salvation. In the end if you're prepared and it does happen you have no worries. People get so wrapped up in trivial issues that are not the central message of salvation that they end up quarreling over nonsense and stepping on toes needlessly.

Right. It's called a "secondary doctrine" meaning it's fun to debate but those we disagree with are not "heretics", it's not primary doctrine. (Theology Proper, Christology, Soeteriology) I do however find issue that to deny the harpazo one must deny the "Doctrine of Immanency". Chuck Smith used to kid Walter Martin back in the day every-time he came into the office in the morning and asked Chuck how he was doing with:

"Sad day, sad day, Jesus can't come back today."

Nailing home the point that if mid or post-trib were true then there would have to be preceding events take place before Christ could return for His bride. After a few years of that Walter Martin decided to abandon post-trib for the pre-trib position. Neither position is compatible with the doctrine of immanency.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

In ch7 I'm looking at "the servants of God".
In ch8 and ch13 I''m looking at "the saints".
In ch11, I'm looking at "those who worship in the Temple".
I'm taking all these to mean "those who belong to God", without drawing fine distinctions between them.

And what is the purpose of the Great Tribulation besides to punish the nations who align with the beast? (Hosea 5:15) Fine distinctions are always key with scripture. Jesus' argument literally hung on a tittle when He challenged the Scribes and Pharisees with His comment about David calling Him "the Lord". He shut them up immediately and they didn't dare ask Him another question after that.

Precision is ALWAYS vital.

Your Israelology and Ekklesiology is mangled together into one doctrine.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Our troops are mostly not committed to Jesus and most likely will not be doing the actual battle against us . The UN will direct that part with foreign troops already housed over here for that job . Bill Clinton in a press conference as much as admitted that we have a large UN force of Armed foreign soldiers in Kentucky and Tenn. being housed

What about: out of your sight? Underground, maybe? Ever heard of D.U.M.B. military bases?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I have U2Ued you, mate.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

My information on Kentucky came from a video of Bill Clinton . The link is . Or on youtube search for ,< Bill Clinton is asked about Fema Camps >.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by SimonPeter

Yes, I suspect that the "Rapture" teaching, like the practice of trying to calculate the dates of these future events, is really a symptom of impatience.

That's an error too, but we should know the "season" by the signs He gave us. And the day that "no man knoweth the day nor hour" is a Hebraism for the Feast of Trumpets. It was the only feast Sabbath that didn't have a calendar day associated with it, it took 2 witnesses to see the very first sliver of reflected sunlight appearing on a new moon and they ran to tell the High Priest and the trumpets were blown signalling the start of the feast. There was a 2 day window when it could happen on every fall.

"The Last Trump" is also a Hebraism for the start of this feast. The last trumpet blast is called the "Tekiah Ha'Gedulah" which signals the start of Rosh Ha'Shanah/Feast of Trumpets.

That why when Paul told the Hebrew Christian audience they would be raptured at the "last trump" they didn't write back and ask "What the heck are you talking about dude, please explain this last trump thingie".

They knew exactly what he was saying, a Hebraism for Rosh Ha'Shanah, The Apocalypse wasn't written yet, nor had John yet received the revelation in a vision from the Lord.

edit on 16-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Originally posted by Hydroman

What about: out of your sight? Underground, maybe? Ever heard of D.U.M.B. military bases?

Careful.. You're getting into dangerous territory, even for a conspiracy website. Fair warning.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I have U2Ued you, mate.

Yes, thank you, going there. Email or u2u?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

n

All noble theological fathers of the church used greek rhetoric to obtain their philosophy about christianity

The NT books were penned in koine Greek. Koine means "common".

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I have U2Ued you, mate.

Just U2U.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I have U2Ued you, mate.

Just U2U.

Okay, no more, you can't ask me stuff like that on here. Email only.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join