It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Wikileak, OWS and anonymous have failed... So have you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The best of the best, the claimed freedom fighters of the world!! all in some way or another manipulated as some psy op , nerdy backlash pot smoking hippys.
This concerns me. We do not protest the way we use to and instead of rallying on the streets, people bicker on message boards for change while created no new social enlightenment to the masses. Perhaps ows was to be like this, if it wasn't so misskewed and protesting the wrong place. Maybe next time the federal reserve? and what about wiki leak? The guy on the simpsons, Assange is nothing but a puppet.
So we sit and wait? Our changing savior? Obama? anything new? No,

Collectively we have failed ourselves, my generation (ows) and the likes. The sad truth is that we do not really know what we are doing, either it be a ows portestor or a hacker, majority of the principals for the greater good have been flushed down the toilet. We have no justifiaable common goal and often when we get together we sound like a hodge podge of A.d.d ideas flinging across like a food fight.

Do we stand still and let the tank run us over? Or do we sit here fired up to create an endless (yet controled) point across. An increase of freedoms is all I ask for

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Perhaps they should take a page out of the book of our African-American citizens here...

When African-Americans are UPSET, they actually ACCOMPLISH their goals in the end. They get ANGRY and when THEY speak up and threaten to UP-RISE, their voices are HEARD and CHANGE happens FAST!!! There is NO doubting that one.

Seems our so-called "saviors" mentioned in your thread have been a bit too tame. If they really have a mission, they need to try a better approach... perhaps look to those among us who actually ACCOMPLISH their goals in the end.

Because it is CLEAR what actually WORKS and what DOESNT work...
edit on 15-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Maybe the TEA Party can give you guys some tips?

Now that was some effective protests, compared to filthy mobs with no purpose.

You want to know how popular the 1% is? Look at the $500 million lottery a few weeks ago. Every single person that bought a ticket was hoping to become a member.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

You want to know how popular the 1% is? Look at the $500 million lottery a few weeks ago. Every single person that bought a ticket was hoping to become a member.

Lol @ tea party because they have such a large racist line behind them.

what ever happen to the tea party?

You are right about the 1%. Even those who share their money can help. Bill gates has enough money to help Detroit out (on his own). Just giving you an example. Poverty, and hunger can be abolished

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Perhaps they should take a page out of the book of our African-American citizens here. When African-Americans are UPSET, they actually ACCOMPLISH their mission. They get ANGRY and when THEY speak up and threaten to UPRISE, their voices are HEARD. Good for them in that approach I say.

Actually, they usually just burn down their own neighborhoods, e.g. Watts. Or they attack Koreans who own convenience stores who don't even know English, but manage to show how to actually earn a living on merit and hard work, or, when they get in charge for an extended period, e.g. Detroit, they destroy the city with a lot of corruption. Not such a hot track record if you look at what has historically happened. I know where you can get a house really cheap, though. Just buy it before they bulldoze down the block.

But yer right, OP. S&F

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to give you a fact known by experts and professionals the world over.
Most everyone wings it,they have no idea what to do they just try ideas that come to them or they BS their way through.Plans mostly fail,odd things happen and if you attempt to yoke others with only your idea you are missing key assets to success.
That is the American way.
I wanted a black president I hoped this guy would do some good but he's worse than any I've seen in office.The last three have been just ever evolving train wrecks due to their ideological decision processes.They are not based on the will of the people because I doubt they know our will behind those concrete glasses of money and politics.
They said/are indeed saying "Screw you" and no one is there to call them on it.
All those sources of protest are just making noise,they tuned that out years ago.If you want to hurt them take their money.
If you shoot them they will become more powerful and you scare innocent people.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Speaking of Wikileaks...

Anyone mind telling me how to download that wikileak file? I forgot what it was called, but I know a key is needed to open the file. Would be nice to get it bank and store it somewhere safe.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

We have lots of freedom in America. We are all free to drive or fly to the East or West coast, stand on the shore where the country meets the ocean, and just keep walking all the way to Atlantis.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

So all those people have failed, have they?

Lets see...

Wikileaks has revealed thousands of pieces of information that would otherwise have remained unknown to the world. Even if we ignore the little factoids they have exposed, millions of people are now well aware that the US, UK and other governments were colluding to deceive and to bury information.

OWS has mobilized hundreds of thousands of people across the USA, the UK, Europe and Australia - and other countries too. There were protests in every single capital city in the world. Those same protesters have also taken part in other protests in each country for specific issues, not least of all against SOPA, PIPA, and the European counterparts, the privatization of the NHS, corporate corruption of government and plenty more besides.
Millions of people now know about the 1%, the bribes accepted by governments to do the bidding of the corporations and banks, the massive economic inequality that your government would prefer you not to notice.

Anonymous and associated hackers have taken down and otherwise attacked oppressive regime websites around the world, consistently. They have hit a heavy blow against the spreading of the cult of $cientology, waking millions of people up to the threat that it poses and exposing the dangers of it. They have potentially ended the unseen abuse of hundreds of thousands of people around the world at the hands of that cult. They forced the French government to investigate and legislate against the cult.
They've also exposed a pedophile ring that the Police could somehow not crack. They've persisted in their attack against corrupt police officers and forced local authorities to take action against abusive and violent thug cops when their actions would otherwise have been buried.

Yeah, tell me again that all those people have failed and that they achieved absolutely nothing.
I'm sure you've achieved a whole lot.

People who discuss on the internet do not always limit their actions to the internet. Just because people discuss social issues and protest on forums like this one does not mean that traditional protest is dead or that it achieves nothing.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What did the tea party achieve?
Seriously, I'd like to know

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Guess you missed the 2010 mid-term elections.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So... Wikileak, OWS and anonymous have failed... So have you!,

What's with the personal attack?

That's the first thing. Very off putting.

Second thing; Who said it's over?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
can we form the angry mob now and burn the creator of this thread at the stake?

exposing the truth is one thing. changing the world is another. but do not flame them because you want tomorrow to be a better place.

we live in the real world. although we want the world to be a better place. it will never ever be that easy.

i doubt the creator of this thread really did anything except whine.

because human are humans. to be an idealist and try and change the world is not the most easiest task. there will be always forces that will stop development from happening.

going to the simplest level of an individual. an individual will have needs. eventually those needs will have to be answered. and then one day we have to walk the path and give up because of those needs.and we become part of the system.

too lazy to write much more on this thread

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Assange has nothing to do because he will risk being assassinated.

OWS was infiltrated by stupidity and dumb people that raped and did drugs.

Anonymous, they are the greatest "fail" of this movement. They attacked every wrong thing. Instead of fighting disinformation, they attacked small things like the Wesboro Baptist Church. They should have taken down the websites of every big mainstream news station on a weekely basis for as long as needed.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Guess you missed the 2010 mid-term elections.

And what did that achieve?

The USA this year will choose between another Obama administration or a Romney administration that will continue the same basic direction as all the previous ones.

No change of any significance is pending.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
what if you didnt believe that OWS wikileak and anon were helping the people... just their own agendas?? What if you were hoping they failed?

I did

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
because knowing the truth is sometimes worthless.

because example. wiki posted the truth of a certain subject. then people march on the street.

people will use it for a political agenda.

and we would replace a dictator with another dictator.

change mean building a new path. knowing the truth sometimes just get us stuck in the past

new topics

top topics

join