It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Corporate Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't know if this is a real conspiracy or not, it is based on my observation more than anything else. I believe that our place as a nation of great advances and quality of living is ending, and that business and society are focusing all their efforts, money and research on trivial, fashionable and unimportant consumer gadgets and no longer working on any true advances that could help our country and world. For example, we have i-phone apps to show a beer pouring, but no advances in producing more fresh water. We have amazing video games and movies about space travel, but our manned space program is over. We have microbreweries all over the place, while our food surpluses are shrinking and prices skyrocketing.

It's as if our business community and government only sees us as chumps to be played and our money extracted- and have no interest in using that money to do anything serious or beneficial for our future. Am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Revelation 6:6
And I heard a voice in THE midst of THE four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and [see] thou HURT NOT THE OIL and THE wine.

In those times, a "penny" was a days wages for a common laborer. Life gets very tough for the "poor" but the olive oil and the wine were staples of the rich.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah makes me think of other great empires creating huge distractions for their people to keep them from seeing how their mighty empire was falling apart. Keep them busy physically and mentally and they wont notice as their world crumbles

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Yeah makes me think of other great empires creating huge distractions for their people to keep them from seeing how their mighty empire was falling apart. Keep them busy physically and mentally and they wont notice as their world crumbles
Agreed, the Romans had bread and circuses. We have welfare and American idol.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's a result of people agreeing to it.

Corporations only exist because the people buy from them. What the corporations don't realize is that they are a part of their own destruction. Their greed blinds them to it, but once the people have no more money to spend, they fail. They will be left with whatever is on their back, just as we will be.

Look at it this way, money is a finite resource, just as water is. As more of it is secreted away in the hands of a few "hoarders" the supply drains away. The people have no more money to use. The government cannot simply just keep printing more because the value of that money continues to decline until it's worth nothing.

We are now in the end game, where too much wealth has been concentrated in the hands of the hoarders.

There are only three scenarios that are possible.

1. The wealthy money hoarders wake up and realize that they are part of the destruction of the entire economic and social makeup of our societies and start redistributing their wealth while only holding what they actually need. This is the best option but it is also highly unlikely, because many of those who hold such wealth are so detached from reality that all they can think about is their own monetary gain. Many of "them" are not even people, they're corporations with no humanity, no soul, no sense and no comprehension of the world - only numbers (money).

2. Someone hits the reset button and all wealth is wiped out. This is extremely complex and complicated on a global scale. It would basically mean the end of numerous currencies. But would still mean that a few hold extreme wealth and power through assets such as precious metals etc. This is actually more likely, and seems to be where we are heading right now. The $ is going to fail eventually, after the € of course.

3. The most likely scenario - revolution. The people increasingly loose more and more of their wealth into the funnel upwards to the hoarders, until something breaks. People loose their homes, their jobs, cannot afford to pay for the basic necessities of life and are forced into action. The only people they can target are those who are living comfortably, in their massive mansions and government buildings. This is what is now happening in Greece, what will happen in Spain, and will probably happen in the USA too.

Imagine money is water. We're facing a drought here in the UK this year.
The hoarders have all the water, and they're supplying it out and demanding more and more back of your wealth in return. Eventually you run out of things to give them. You can only work so many hours a day, you sold the TV, you raided your kids college funds... but they're not going to give that water away. You need it, so what do you do?

Our governments are not acting now to redistribute the massive limited wealth the hoarders have, and it will continue to move upward, an ongoing extraction from the people. The only way they can prevent a revolution is to redistribute that finite wealth and restore some balance.

They're not doing it, and that's why there will come a time when too many of the people have had enough and they choose to restore the balance themselves.

Look at what happened in Egypt. That wasn't about an oppressive regime as many seem to think. It started because a man set himself on fire after corrupt local officials destroyed his chance to earn a living. Now imagine him times 310,591,917 (the population of the USA - 1%)

I can almost guarantee that it'll happen in Greece first. I'll bet that this year the Greek government will be stormed by the angry crowds and it will fall. They'll leave the € and the currency will collapse. Revolutions will happen in France, Spain, potentially the UK and eventually the USA.

Nothing is being done to stop the extraction of wealth, and that can only lead to one outcome.

new topics

top topics

join