It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan War Veteran To Romney: You’re Not Fit to be Commander-In-Chief...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

...of America’s Armed Forces

Posted on April 11, 2012
Mr. Romney,

I am a medically (honorably) discharged veteran of the GWOT (Global War On Terror), Afghanistan. I’m not going to presume to speak for anyone but myself here, but I want you to know there’s at least one life-long Republican and combat veteran of America’s current wars who sees your possible future as President of the United States as odious and intolerable.

First of all, you have demonstrated your belief in the primacy of the powers of the State over individual liberty by demonstrating in support of the Draft during the Vietnam War era (www.buzzfeed.com...). In spite of the fact that you were publicly advocating sending kids to War against their will, you managed to avoid the whole thing (2012.republican-candidates.or...y...). Nowadays, you make it very clear that you are open to the idea of starting a pre-emptive war with Iran (www.veteransnewsnow.com...). Some of us would call you a chicken-hawk and a warmonger, Mr. Romney.

Read the entire piece at:
cvrp2012.com...

An active duty military serviceman that I know says he does not know ONE military member that isn't voting and/or supporting Ron Paul.

Simply amazing...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They're for Ron Paul because he supports our constitution and freedoms and they don't want to put their lives on the line for anything less. I don't know, but that's my guess.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Maybe they realize that Romney would send them to die for a nickel if a billionaire tells him to.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

I see that as a pretty fair assessment

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
They're for Ron Paul because he supports our constitution and freedoms and they don't want to put their lives on the line for anything less. I don't know, but that's my guess.

Except he doesn't. Ron Paul doesn't believe in the Incorporation of the Bill of Rights.

www.lewrockwell.com...

the 5th amendment does not apply to states. If constitutional purists hope to maintain credibility, we must reject the phony incorporation doctrine in all cases — not only when it serves our interests.

He also doesn't believe in the unenumerated rights as protected in the 9th Amendment.

www.lewrockwell.com...

The Court determined that Texas had no right to establish its own standards for private sexual conduct, because gay sodomy is somehow protected under the 14th amendment “right to privacy.” Ridiculous as sodomy laws may be, there clearly is no right to privacy nor sodomy found anywhere in the Constitution.

top topics

join