It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.M.P's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interesting video I've come across, says everything in 3 minutes about TV and Media.

Engineered Consent Those who manipulate the unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. In almost every act of our lives whether in the sphere of politics or business in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires that control the public mind.

- Edward Bernays 1929

Hollywood is the magician's wand (holly-wood) which has been used to cast a spell on the unsuspecting public. Things or ideas which would otherwise be seen as bizarre, vulgar, undesirable or impossible are inserted into films in the realm of fantasy. When the viewer watches these films, his/her mind is left open to suggestion and the conditioning process begins. These same movies which are designed to program the average person, can give the discerning viewer a better understanding of the workings and the plan of the world agenda. -

- Alan Watt

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DorkLard

yep i think the above pretty much shows it for what it is,im convinced i see it all the time actualy working on the people in fact ive found it pulling me in to watching rubbish for hours on end,haha its not on now why.....because i am one of the awoken

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DorkLard

Good one, pal.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As far as ATS goes, I think you're preaching to the converted, well for most, not all. I stopped watching TV in 2008 because we got broadband installed, not that I used it then for re educating myself, that began in earnest in 2010. I must say that the 2 years I spent not watching TV, but immersed in an internet game that almost became my life, is probably what made me more open minded to seeing the actual 'truth' when it was presented to me. It's amazing what the effect of 2 years of not being brainwashed can do.

TV is still something I turn to when the reality of how we are being manipulated, the propaganda, the obvious lies etc. all gets a bit too much for me and I need some mind numbing entertainment before I descend in to a place of hopelessness and despair. However, now I am fully aware of what I'm watching and I see the obvious manipulations. I have only two rules regarding 'TV watching', firstly I say out loud, even if I'm all alone (yep kerazy I am
), "What you are about to see is not real and is for entertainment purposes only!" The second rule is I never watch 'The News'. My friends turn it off if it's on when I'm around because I tend to have a running commentary going on, each news item is rated by me shouting out 'propaganda', 'lies', 'more lies', 'this is the real truth (followed by whatever the real truth is)' and so on. Sadly they don't really want to know, like most and would rather turn it off than have me 'go on about it'.

I have shared the vid, some will watch it, most won't. You get a S&F for your effort

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

lol, yes I know I'm probably preaching to the converted, just thought it was a very interesting video put together well for those who may be still asleep and searching.

I do love those 'Reality' TV programmes too that you mentioned that have the disclaimer 'this show has been edited for entertainment purposes, does defeat the object, lol.

Thanks for the S&F btw, have a great day.

top topics

join