It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearmongering or some fact? HAARP Could Capsize Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I ran across this story online and thought it would make for a good civil thought provoking discussion) in light of all the tornadic activity going on in the country and of course the earthquake activity.
Is this a typical government try at fearmongering perputated on their people, or could somewhere in there be some kind of fact muddled in with propaganda?
I think HAARP maybe involved in alot of this weather stuff maybe in an effort to prove the manmade global warming theory, at the same time whatever it is that's happening, we might not be helping the situation either. So , I do entertain that possibility as well. However, I think if there's any global warming going its based on the the age of the earth (4 billion years) and goes in cycles. Any comments, any theory is as good as the next one in my opinion, since they don't wish to tell us the real purpose of HAARP.

HAARP is so notorious it's even getting comments from the Russian scientists that look like this.

Sharon Weinberger

Pakalert Press 2012-04-14: Share By Sharon Weinberger (Wired) Just when you think you’ve heard all the possible far-out theories behind the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) in Alaska. Leave it to the Russians to come up with one better. Forget mind control the Russians think HAARP is a “geophysical weapon” that’s gonna capsize the planet. HAARP, just by way of a reminder for those who don’t obssessively follow its progress, is a military project that’s supposed to study the ionosphere and “use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.” In... more »

edit on 15-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add an extra thoughts

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You know, it's funny you should bring this up, because just this morning my husband was saying that the sun appears to be rising farther north than before, for this time of year. Since he's in his mid 50s and grew up out here, I gotta take his word for it.

Come to think of it, I notice the setting sun is also farther north than is typical for mid-April.. I notice the exact position of the setting sun because just before it sets is when we have to round up all of our 9 cats in from the fields before the coyotes come out. Something is off with this earth this year, but of course, that's just the opinion of two folks who live out in the country and observe these things on a daily basis. We're not scientists, just observers.

Not sure what's behind it, but HAARP is something to look into. Thanks for the post.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Very little fact. A whole lot of the same speculative nonsense based on ignorance which is endlessly repeated. The "source" article, BTW, is five years old.

It is possible to control the artificially created plasmoid (localized areas of highly ionized gas – E.L.) or a globular lightning in ionosphere by using lasers to shift the focal point of the aerials.
HAARP cannot form "localized areas of highly ionized gas". HAARP does not use lasers.

As a result, an aircraft or a missile will be damaged if they fly through the beam,” Col Plaksin said.
The HF radio beam from HAARP cannot harm missiles or aircraft, though it could conceivably interfere with navigation and communication equipment of any aircraft in the area.

And if, say, the beam is sent to Britain, it can make the country dysfunctional in a matter of seconds.
The beam from HAARP cannot be "sent" anywhere but a region directly above Gakona, Alaska.

The most dangerous thing is that even developers cannot say with certainty what will happen to the planet and how ionosphere will react to the attack with these rays if the system is switched to the maximum power.

HAARP does not produce "rays" and it is often used at its maximum power level.

article.wn.com...
edit on 4/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Very little fact. A whole lot of the same speculative nonsense based on ignorance...

Nice one. That just about sums up science in general.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
communication equipment of any aircraft in the area.

And if, say, the beam is sent to Britain, it can make the country dysfunctional in a matter of seconds.

We need no help from HAARP to achieve that sadly..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Pretty much sums up this conspiracy nonsense in a nutshell.
There is a bigger picture out there ,but it is being clouded by these smaller pictures,get my drift.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

You know, it's funny you should bring this up, because just this morning my husband was saying that the sun appears to be rising farther north than before, for this time of year. Since he's in his mid 50s and grew up out here, I gotta take his word for it.

December 21 is the lowest (farthest south) the sun rises and sets.
June 21 is the highest (farthest north) the sun rises and sets.
March 21 and September 21 is peak change per day.

Nothing new is going on.

new topics

top topics

join