It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change colours ? Im going blind with this white text on dark grey!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There must be a way to change the theme, to select differnt colors, possibly to a white background with black text ? or maybe a lighter shade of grey!, I am seeing stripes right now!
edit on 15-4-2012 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
There used to be a way you could "go light", but I'm not sure how to do it or if it is still possible. I agree with you, it bothers my eyes too.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I disagree wholeheartedly. This site is soft on my eyes, why in the world would you want bright colors to help your eyes??

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Odd. I find the color scheme to be very easy on the eyes. Remember those sites with neon green text against a blue background? Perhaps there is a setting on you computer that will alleviate eye strain.

Perhaps you should see an optometrist. That almost sounded like a joke. I'm actually serious though. I dim the hell out of my screens when I'm in bed, but find the grey/white preferable to my Nook's black text on white.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Odd. I find the color scheme to be very easy on the eyes.

Yes, I agree ( We have to stop that...It's not nearly as fun
)

I have always found the color scheme here very easy on the eyes. Old lay out and new, actually. Like another poster said, they did use to have a go light option that changed the color scheme for you, but that is gone now.

Maybe adjust the brightness/color levels on your monitor?
edit on 15-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes, I agree ( We have to stop that...It's not nearly as fun )

It's your fault for being so smart.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
LOL - it happens hen I got to sites with dark backgrounds and light text. Black background and white text is the worst... I was hoping we could choose a theme of some sort. Would be nice for use who have dark to light issues, especially when going from almost all other sites on the internet that are white background and black text...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yeah, black font on white backgrounds severely hurt my eyes. I always loved a light grey back ground to black background with appropriate colored font.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

When preparing to switch to the new layout of this site, members were given the option to switch between a light or a dark layout. It was eventually voted on that this was the best option.

Peace
edit on 15-4-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Okay here's what you could do...

Internet Explorer 9:

Click the little wheel in the top-right corner of your browser
Go to Internet options
In the general-tab go to "colors"
De-select "use windows colors" and pick the colors you prefer
Close by clicking ok
Now click "accessibility" and select the first option (ignore webpage specific colors)

Firefox:

Click the firefox button in the top left corner of your screen
Go to options
Click the "content" icon and select "colors"
Pick your preferred color scheme and uncheck the option "Allow pages to choose their own colors"

All set.....

Peace

PS: Oh every other webpage will now also be shown in this color scheme....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
One more thing....

I am seeing stripes right now!

This can also be solved by holding the ctrl-key and pressing the +-key until the stripes turn into letters...

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I strongly disagree...This color scheme is very easy on the eyes because it actually emits less light than a white bg does.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
this is hard on my eyes too..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Light text on a dark background is easier on the eyes than dark text on a light background....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Maybe this will help
support.microsoft.com...
This can be done for Firefox as well. I just turned my Firefox page into black text on white back ground just to see what it would like.

edit on 4/15/2012 by fixer1967 because: to add

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

WOW
Never knew I could do that, thanks!
Everything is white now!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Might be that your contrast level on whatever it is that you're using to view this site on is too high.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I was really glad to see that an adjustment could be made. I was not aware of it. Maybe instead of putting people down who need the graphics change in order to see them better, we should support the fact that we can alter them in order to see them better. This is just great.

top topics

join