It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012...The end for some?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
As all of you have heard, the world is going to end on December 21, 2012...Wait dont leave that is not the subject of this.

So as you heard, the Mayan calendar ends of December 21, 2012 even though with leap years, and changes to the calendar blah blah blah you know the story.

What I am hypothetically proposing is, that it will be a self fullfilled prophecy, not because the Mayans knew, but because humans are well....human.

A little back ground for this. As we know, many organizations and groups use special days such as holidays to act to make the act more impacting. When I was deployed to Iraq, I lost a good friend on December 25th during a large scale attack, and that demoralized our unit. At midnight New Years, we were greeted into the new year with mortar and rocket fire, causing casualties. Again our unit was demoralized and looked at the new year with disdain. Al Qaeda sent a shoe bomber at Christmas time to strike fear into the hearts of the people, just wasnt succesful. Various other attacks from organizations have been implemented on specific holidays or special days with meaning.

So the reason for all this, lets say certain organizations are reading about all these fears about December 21, 2012. They could use that fear to start the dominos falling by enacting some key attacks world wide.

This is how I see this could be used against us. If on Dec. 21, a terror organization, or a evil government, implements a plan of attacks and assasinations at various points worldwide, what would be the outcome. People would automatically start to link it to the Mayan end of the world prediction. Those that have stockpilled and built bunkers would enact survival mode, and begin their end of the world protocols. Others would begin to panick as more happens and make a run on food and other supplies. Stock markets would go into utter madness as it crashes. Civil unrest, fear and panic would be the norm for the day. Many people, no where near the actual attacks would be hurt or killed as the fear sweeps across the globe.

If those organizations got enough of the dominos falling, they could very well be the cause of not the end of the world, but a very bad time for the entire world for days, weeks or even years to come. As even when the attacks end, in the minds of the people, the end of the world has already begun.

Just a thought I had. I was wondering if anyone here had some ideas on some key targets that could strike fear into the people.

Or what are you thoughts on this...non mayan prediction...I dont buy that.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Whether it's an Illuminati-caused event, extra-terrestrial event, governmental genocide, WW3, economic collapse, pole shift, comet, solar flare, or otherwise natural disaster, I feel in my heart of hearts, that something will in fact transpire at some point this year. What that will be, only time will tell.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I would not put it beyond TPTB to use this fear entrenched date to exploit it for their own good. In fact you can probably count on it. The only question is, will TPTB be ready to launch a plan of that magnitude on that date?
I think their plans have been thwarted numerous times, and if they are unchallenged in their agendas, they will indeed strike. However, I don't think they'll be able to pull it off, being their own worst enemies and all.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Mayans didn't say that we will all die on Dec 21, 2012. What they said was that Dec 21, 2012 is the end of the world as we know it and the beginning of a new one. There will be a shift in human consciousness which changes the world that we live in for the better.

Those in power like to sow fear and they sowed disinformation and claimed that we will all die on Dec 21, 2012 because the Mayans predicted it. They twisted the fact and a lot of people fell for it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Just a thought I had. I was wondering if anyone here had some ideas on some key targets that could strike fear into the people.

Miley Cyrus...

No seriously.. probably in order of the chaos it would cause..

1) White House
2) Statue of Liberty
3) Wal-mart headquarters

Well.. 1 and 2 seriously.. number 3 would probably send my grandma in a fury!

But.. all joking aside, I feel deep down as well that something will happen. I remember the Y2K scare and I was 13 at the time. I don't remember people fussing as much about it. Anyways, that scare was all just a bunch of hype with no data backing it up.

I'll be stocking my water and Bush's baked beans for the remaining months...

Thought about getting a firearm... any thoughts on that?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"Mayan calendar ends of December 21, 2012"

No. The era, cycle, whatever you want to call it ends on December 21 2012.

You can't continue to add dates on a circular calender for ever can you? Eventually you'll run out of room.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This isnt a topic of if the myans were making a prediction, or if they just ran out of room. This is a discussion about if now that it is in the public eye, if its possible for terrorists or governments to use that to their advantage.

Originally posted by Azjazzer8

Originally posted by cavscout11cav

Miley Cyrus...

No seriously.. probably in order of the chaos it would cause..

1) White House
2) Statue of Liberty
3) Wal-mart headquarters

Well.. 1 and 2 seriously.. number 3 would probably send my grandma in a fury!

But.. all joking aside, I feel deep down as well that something will happen. I remember the Y2K scare and I was 13 at the time. I don't remember people fussing as much about it. Anyways, that scare was all just a bunch of hype with no data backing it up.

I'll be stocking my water and Bush's baked beans for the remaining months...

Some good thoughts,
the White house shows the people that even the head of the US government is not even safe.

Statue of Liberty, a figurative and liked icon of the US. Not really a game changer but enough to put worry in the mind as that has been shown destroyed in just about every end of the world movies.

Walmart- the largest distributor in the US. Alot of comunities have lost their smaller scale stores with Walmart being the only supplier. IF you take out Walmart and a few distribution centers, you have officially cut of some communities from food and supplies.

On thing I worry is a nuclear plant on the west coast. If you do enough damage to cause radiation leaks, then you have officially radiated the US meat supply and crops

Thought about getting a firearm... any thoughts on that?
I always recommend owning a weapon and ammo.
edit on 15-4-2012 by cavscout11cav because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by cavscout11cav because: (no reason given)

top topics

join