It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Alien Deception

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing
reply to post by ancientaliendeception

ridiculous ideas like? God created the world in 7 days. The garden of eden? The seven commandments?
If your good you go to heaven if your bad you go to hell. Those ridiculous ideas?

Er, that's the Ten commandments. I'm not a Christian myself, but if you're going to bash the ideas of others at least have the courtesy to get them right.

The ideas laid out in The Bible were not meant to be taken literally (which is my biggest beef with modern day Christianity), but were merely meant to be ethical and moral guidelines to follow.

If the Church went back to this idea, I might pay attention.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
They took an interesting idea and pushed it over and over into our collective minds to the point where the rational among us feel the idea has become so commercial it is slightly diluted the value of the evidence as the people behind it seem intent on alienating its viewers (no pun intended)
due to the eccentric nature of certain affiliates

as to an agenda possible disinformation in action

This is indeed a hardcore disinformation campaign being pushed more than ever through all avenues of media or gathering info except the school system. The schools remain untouched for now. All indications lead to an agenda being pushed, but we'll know for sure in the coming years if all this crap really is being pushed for a political agenda.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

If you go to church and that is your thing great. I just do not need someone telling me that they KNOW for a fact that there are no such things as aliens. Or ONLY humans made the great pyramids. There is plenty of evidence to support alien involvement. It's narrow minded thinking. It's like saying oswald worked alone.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The History Channel is merely catering to the masses (and they simply Love to dumb-down things--that's the American Way these days!). There are far worse channels and shows on these days which is why I am now watching the least amount of television than ever before in my life. Take the Discovery Channel for instance: It should now be called the Red Neck Channel with all their lowlife programming (the only decent thing left on there is Mythbusters and there's far too little of that). SciFI is now Scyfy or something--fantasy and BS, with very little science.

Anyhow, with all due respect to the subject... I'm a firm believer in cyclical civilizations. One builds itself up and eventually destroys itself--either through nuclear war or some natural cataclysm. Humanity gets blasted back to the Stone Age and has to start all over again building up its technology. In other words, there's no need for Aliens to explain the "gods" and ancient tech wonders. They are remnants of an ancient, global civilization which came before ours. Humans just like us, except perhaps more intelligent and practical. After the world's civilizations were destroyed, emissaries from the surviving high-tech people were taken to be gods by the primitives deprived of technology. These so-called gods gave the basics of mathematics, calendar systems, astronomy etc. to the Mayans, Aztecs, Egyptians--you name it. And thousands of years later Von Daniken comes along and calls these gods Space Aliens. I grew up reading his books. I've researched the stuff all my life and have come to this conclusion.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

If you go to church and that is your thing great. I just do not need someone telling me that they KNOW for a fact that there are no such things as aliens. Or ONLY humans made the great pyramids. There is plenty of evidence to support alien involvement. It's narrow minded thinking. It's like saying oswald worked alone.

You ASSUME they are aliens. There is no evidence of that at all. In fact most evidence points to them being supernatural. Walking through walls, telepathy, defying the laws of physics by floating people through walls. That has supernatural written all over it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

Evidence for alien involvement? Really? The evidence seems to support the supernatural claims similar to those found in the Bible.

And the Christian worldview doesn't say there aren't ET's out there. But it DOES say that the phenomenon we see on earth is probably not ET's because the claims and accounts have way too much in common with the occult and classic demonic attacks, hauntings, that sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

It seems to me that their are very few of us here on ATS that actually believe this..... it is a shame. Well whatever happens happens! And people will believe one day.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

The ideas laid out in The Bible were not meant to be taken literally (which is my biggest beef with modern day Christianity), but were merely meant to be ethical and moral guidelines to follow.

If the Church went back to this idea, I might pay attention.

If by "the Church" you mean the Catholic Church, then I completely understand.

However, there exist demoninations of Protestants that do take this attitude - in some forms - (not that I myself am a churchgoer - I can't seem to live up to it and I abhor hypocrisy, especially in myself.)

Harte

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientaliendeception

You ASSUME they are aliens. There is no evidence of that at all. In fact most evidence points to them being supernatural. Walking through walls, telepathy, defying the laws of physics by floating people through walls. That has supernatural written all over it.

The Supernatural vs. Aliens. Okay.
I'm rather reluctant to ask the definition of the Supernatural beyond that which is not known to us.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join