It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Alien Deception

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've been doing a lot of research into UFOs and Aliens... I also watch the Ancient Aliens series... I've noticed that a lot of info gets left out and some of the former guests that have appeared on the series have complained about being taken out of context or have their beliefs completely misrepresented.

Do you think the History Channel is purposely misleading people to push an agenda?

Personally, I think they are.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientaliendeception

Well what many may not know about the History Channel is that they are now owned by Disney. A Professor of mine (I want say his name, but he is a highly respected in the areas of Ancient Roman and Greece) was telling are small seminar class how the History Channel use to have serious academics working for them ie people with PHD's in History. He even claims to have received a couple of calls several years ago. Well I guess now the only people they have working for them on people who no how to surf the web and entertainment "hollywood" types. People who want are in it to entertain as opposed to inform.

So YES I do believe that the History channel is purposely leaving out certain things for the sake of entertainment and controversy.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
IMO it was never aliens just ancient humans. if the modern world were wiped from this planet there would be tribes that never knew we were here. on the other hand there are few that would notice and tell stories, draw pictures, and hide the last "thumb drives" known to them. we reinvent old stuff all the time.

im sure it was edited to fit the subject matter. what isnt edit3d on tv today?
edit on 14-4-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you are asking if a television show intended to entertain has an agenda, and cherry picks information to cater to this, then it seems reasonable for me to ask..... Are you serious?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Wow! Another Fortson involved with the paranormal....I wonder if we are related?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I think they're more concerned about ratings, revenue and market share than they are in any regard to deception.

If, however, people like lies and are willing to pay for lies more than they're willing to pay for dull boring what actually happened history, then, that's where the money is.

The History aspect of the History Channel then becomes history.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I use to have respect for the show because it offered alliterative views on unknown historical elements, but now the show says anything we do not fully understand about the past has to do with aliens. It has really gone down hill, they should have left it at one show and called it quits.

It really is laughable now, hell it is almost its own cult. They provide no new information, they only claim everything has to do with aliens. I personally have seen nothing from our past that humans were not capable of.

So yes, the show does indeed try to deceive the public.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leelo

That's honestly what I was starting to think as well I know there was a picture floating around about how the History channel has changed over the years and it perfectly described something akin to what you just stated. At this point just something to get people to view in and with 2012 right on the horizon it makes it rather easy to get people to view their shows.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, that's entertainement for you.

Everybody has an agenda whether it is making money, hiding the truth or trying to get it out to you.
You can chose any one of the three or to be safe, pick all three and roll them together. Best bet.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The show has plenty of good information that makes you wonder about our origins. But it also has a lot of bunk that you have to sift through. It's all about confirming things for yourself, because they do present a lot of factual pieces of evidence. When they talk about how Bigfoot might be an alien is when they shoot some of their credibility in the foot.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I've said it before on this site, but I'll say it again.

This show completely ignores basic scientific research principles. Scientific research starts by observing phenomena, and then trying to come to a conclusion based on what's been observed.

Ancient Aliens turns this on its head. They jump straight to the conclusion that whatever they observed must have been caused by Aliens, and then try to persuade the viewer to their point of view by finding things that fit with their conclusion and ignoring every other explanation.

That's my main beef with this show, but if you look at it from a purely entertainment view point, it's pretty good.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think one of the things most disturbing to me and destroyed their credibility is having Michael Heiser cut from the show and he has a Ph.D in Biblical languages... yet they have Von Daniken interpreting Biblical languages... just blows my mind. Then they completely twisted the Noah story to be completely outrageous... if he was going to collect DNA from every animal, he might as well have taken them on the ark to begin with. How did he use the DNA to revive them?

Or my personal favorite that I actually heard someone repeat in real life was "the Hebrews had a nuclear device (Ark of the Covenant)". When I asked the guy why the Hebrews didn't die from it and if they were running around the desert in protective hazmat suits, he said, "I never really thought about it." People are really believing these ridiculous ideas without even thinking about some of the stuff they said.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mikefortson

LOL. Its possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
...and MTV used to have actual music videos.

Cartoon Network also used to have ONLY cartoons.

I'm not surprised TV channels are absolutely nothing like they were intended to be. Money, money, money...

Nearly all forms of media are quickly becoming little more than avenues of useless crap that they wish to convince you into buying. They give you nothing of worth, and you in turn give them everything of worth. It's win - win.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hmm why are you joining today with your name just to post this....

BTW there are two running post all about this already...read them for your enlightenment.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Some members may not see your point, but I think I do. IMHO it's as if the only explanation to anything in human history is thanks to aliens (according to AA theorists). Man wasn't smart enough to build, aliens did it. God(s) is/are not real, it was aliens. Hitler wasn't a complete psycho on his own, aliens helped him. Da Vinci wasn't smart enough to create his own works, aliens coached him. The list goes on.
Don't get me wrong. I am a believer myself, seen plenty of strange, unexplainable things. It just seems that AA is pushing an agenda, TRYING to convince the public instead of just providing insight.
Regardless, I will most likely watch the new episode. It will probably have nothing to do with the subject (like the last few), such as the sinking of the Titanic, and how the "aliens" put the iceburg in the way.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientaliendeception
I've been doing a lot of research into UFOs and Aliens... I also watch the Ancient Aliens series... I've noticed that a lot of info gets left out and some of the former guests that have appeared on the series have complained about being taken out of context or have their beliefs completely misrepresented.

Do you think the History Channel is purposely misleading people to push an agenda?

Personally, I think they are.

The person in the video is simply spouting what other christians have said: that aliens/ETs are demons or fallen angels. He says he felt an evil presence and ascribed this to ETs. No doubt some ETs are hostile to us. We can feel that evil coming from some people too. Feeling an "evil presence" doesn't equate to ET=demons. That is an incredibly simplistic, and wrong, conclusion. Yes, I believe some ETs are hostile to humanity, but they are not demonic. That belief has been created so that the Christian belief system can be reconciled with an ancient and on-going phenomenon. It's sad that in 2012 we are still talking about demons as though they are real. Hostile, evil entities maybe. But demons?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It's very tragic that The "History" Channel is nothing more than a conduit to indoctrinate a generation with material that is not "history". Many have succumbed to a very strange paradox: they give lip service to requiring proof before they can believe in God, yet absolutely believe in extraterrestrial involvement with no proof. Why? They've been purposely led down a well constructed path to do so.

Big picture.
1. The theory of evolution for decades taught, as fact, that man evolved from apes which evolved from primordial ooze. This was to destroy and undermine a belief, in the western nations, of creation by God.
2. Once evolution is accepted as fact, it naturally follows that life MUST have evolved elsewhere.
3.Our western nations have been flooded with UFO stories, reports, books, films etc, and science fiction, slowly building the belief that they are REAL.
4. This past decade has seen a full scale push of the idea that ETS probably created us.
5. Now we are seeing the push that not only did ETs create us, but now they are back to "save" us.

A group has deliberately changed the beliefs of millions of the descendants of faithful Christians to now view ETS as our "creator" and "saviour". They have already convinced these people to unknowingly reject their God and to accept another as god. That is how easily it was done. When you deny the sovereignty of God, and above all deny HIS creation, you deny the very essence of HIM.

The History channel with its 11 and two pillars and triangle, is a tool of indoctrination. God is truth, and scripture says quite clearly that those who stand in awe and reverance of the things coming to this world, believe it because there is no love of truth within them. Brainwashing is powerful because it possesses the MIND by changing beliefs. Only God can open eyes to see it, and for that reason, the only defense against lies and deception is HIM. Those that seek Him place the truth above lies.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I will also go on the record and say most, if not all History Channel shows are going down hill. HC use to show shows that had to do with history, they actually taught you something. Now it is either AA or Pawn Stars. Its too bad really, the HC use to be one of my favorite channels. If there was nothing on TV you could always turn to HC for something interesting, but not now.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

In case you guys have not noticed:

The History Channel, The Discovery Channel and National Geographic have switched their programming to fit stoners.

It has something to do with their ratings going down and them reinventing themselves to keep the revenue coming in. That's why when one show (for example, the survival shows) is succesful, they immediately start making copies of it but then with a slightly different twist.

It's called marketing. And yes, it is evil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join