It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on paperbound books extinction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Books today seem to be going to private collectors and everything is going to computer type technologies. So, it seems that civilizations that occurred far in the past may have done the same, which leads to the idea of only these “high” and “mighty” hold these books of fantasy and knowledge, or fiction and non-fiction. Let’s say today we call them the Elite or the Illuminati trying to buy up or destroy the remainder of these books. In a worldwide disaster protected paper books might last longer than electrical technology, which can be like E-Books or online information for example.

I also want to give the example of hoarding of Seeds of plants and vegetables and books from museums being taken into underground storages and facilities by the US Government.

I can’t quote any particular person on this, but we have all heard about Atlantis and its mysteries of technology. That humans may have been around for 10’s of 1,000’s of years on earth, (or not? Lol)

I’ve also heard about the computer clock that was found and pulled out of the Mediterranean Sea that when X-rayed it was discovered with steel cogs and wheels. So maybe there could have been some different types of computers way back in history that are much different than the ones we have today. Could that be the only one that survived and the rest that where destroyed in some earthly doomsday senario, which in turn we would have never had a chance to know their powers of computer technologies? How would we ever know the information of stories and facts about their time spent on earth?

My opinion is that these powerful tyrants, aliens, priests, monks, rich, or whoever knew about a coming flood, a meteor, or what have you, took most of their valuable knowledge and kept these books hidden in their safest places on earth to have a continued power of information through the ages of time only to keep it to themselves. Are we not seeing this being played out now, book stores are going bankrupt. Most the kids I see don't have school books, everything is lab tops, personal computers, cell phones, e-books and kindles, ipads, etc......

Now with being said, the 1% of the trillion Aires in huge businesses around the world and keep their descendants within the realms of rich, i.e. princes and princesses to keep a secret knowledge from the masses for 10,000 years or more, is this not possible? I laugh and cry when I think this idea is ludicrous, but what if this ties into other theories and may be true? Again, have an open mind. We do not know, let’s not throw it out because we do not have the truth.

Just a thought of mine I wanted to share through my awareness and being awake these days. Who's to say that this is or isn't happening, or will happen. Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Keep this thread polite and mature so are newcomers have an idea denying ignorance and searching for the truth of our human history.

edit on 14-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: ADD

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

This reminds me of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
(Highly recommend)

With electronic books, subtle changes can be made. Idelogy can be inserted or deleted.

With print publications, the message can be sent and traded and copied and is, in a sense immortal.

I can see to a conspiracy where print media is eliminated so memes can be inserted into the public group-think via electronic publication.

S&F!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I had to read that book in my pre-ENG111 college class, very good read. I also watched that movie. Kind of reminded me of the one called "equalibrium" with Christian Bale.

edit on 14-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Great Thread!

LinkedIn and the Council of Economic Advisors crunched data from LinkedIn’s nearly 150 million members about industry trends from 2007-2011. The bad news: Newspapers are the fastest-shrinking U.S. industry. The good news: Online publishing is among the fastest-growing.

Newspapers Are Fastest-Shrinking U.S. Industry

Being in the Print Industry,I see the merging of QR Codes,with mailings,Personalized Literature,daily. 10 years ago,Personalized literature,was all done by hand. Technology has fast killed my business,that's for sure.....

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have thought the same thing.

You have google going around the world scanning books. You have bookstores closing down all over. I think we are on the brink of a new dark age.

I also think we are in a semi-dark age right now. Nobody reads anymore,people are getting dumber. Most ATS users are evidence of that.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Your absolutely right! My mother always got her newspaper for..... well, since they came out
. Now she canceled because of her new IPad. I also see that the magazines shelves at the local stores are getting smaller and smaller every year.. I remember when Carrs used to have and entire isle end to end, now it's like 12 feet long.

Thanks for your links, i'll being reading them for dessert. S!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I agree, and S! I got a good laugh.

There is another thread that somewhat pertains to this idea of lost information that I thought was awesome, something in the lines of "Caveman where the reminants of the last doomsday", if anyone could post a link to that, you'll be in my good graces
I believe it is relevant

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No problem. I believe there will always be books,but it will be for those who can afford them,or those who are stuck in their ways.30 years from now though,It will be something like" Do you remember how EVERYTHING was printed on paper?"

At least Toilet Paper will ALWAYS be here.........

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No, soon the toilet paper will be replaced by the "3 sea shells."

Haven't seen that movie? how the do you use them

Yes, I agree, "Do remember when books were printed on paper?" "Yeah, what caveman"

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Not only that.... but let's say all knowledge and all books and all art goes digital, nobody owns physical books or films or art or anything.

Then there is an outage or solar flare or some sort of accident whereby everything is wiped out and all books and knowledge are lost.

Maybe it's a long term plan to rid the masses of their knowledge and intelligence.

edit on 14/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Great sum up! That's right, I agree that that may be very true about mankind's downfall is that the "BigWigs" as some say are too busy accelerating electronic tech that they are forgetting how to protect it by as you said "a solar flare." Or, maybe there's a safe protection device they have, but only available to the elite and not the masses.

Okay, bare with me....

So let's say that today's kings and queens, presidents, and others have the protected tech and we fall into a doomsday senario. most of the earths masses (poor and middle classes worldwide) fall into a Medieval Age so to speak and all the manmade resources are consumed, cars are melt down to make tools, weapons...etc. languages, tribes, communities are lost and separated. Mean while the kings and elite lose most of their resources and have to take what they can from the poor masses to keep their interests confined to themselves, and as their mean to upkeep their "tech toys" have no way to keep them working. So, they keep them bury them, as 1000's of years go by people find them buried around the world........ getting the picture I'm painting?

History repeats itself, and repeats itself.....

ADD: Wanted to also say that, do you really think it was a surprise to a select elite when they find these amazing and wonderous artifacts around the world? I'm sure there are a few that may say, "damn, my family has been talking about that for 200 generations and somehow got stolen from our house 8000 years ago and now its sitting in a museum. my great, great, great.......uncle just had to pawn it for the whor......... and the elite parent may teach their kids not to tell others about certain things, less may we lose control of the masses
edit on 14-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: ADD

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

One of my teachers in highschool is a very noteworthy man, and he said he was at a conference (something to do with textbooks and literature) where the book producers said within 10 years there would be no more books printed. that was 3 or 4 years ago.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

S! We are definitely getter closer. In a way, its kinda scary, but may be beneficial IMO

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Deleted!

Blend57
edit on 14-4-2012 by blend57 because: Read the OP again, answered my question.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

look him up if you want. dr. ken wackes. i haven't met anyone since who's had a more impressive and varied life.

graduated from several different institutions, including vanderbilt. played the trumpet on broadway, he moved to papua new guinea for some three or four years, learned the native language, and ministered to tribes that had never seen a white person before. his only connection to the world was a supply plane that flew over every few months (he had to clear the landing strip himself).

when he got back to america, he ended up being headmaster of westminster academy for 32 years, then ended up overseeing all private and christian schools in florida. he is still taking college classes, has multiple majors, and more credit hours than i ever though possible.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blend57

hahaha, read your post edit! Thanks

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
I had to read that book in my pre-ENG111 college class, very good read. I also watched that movie. Kind of reminded me of the one called "equalibrium" with Christian Bale.

Fahrenheit 451 is now considered college level reading? Now THAT's scary. I read it when I was about 13.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Thank you for the input, very impressive man! i'm sure that its depressing to him to see books being a rarity nowadays.

I just read the 3rd book in the Left Behind series by Tim LaHayes and Jerry B. Jenkins. I bought all 12 and something about turning a page still intrigues me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yep, good ol' University of Anchorage Alaska. The University needs new material, but doesn't say much for the teacher who gives the curriculum there, huh?

Books become obsolete, its like the toys of the 50-60's era, hard steel and still work today.. Unlike the $100 toys today that break on the first day.

CX

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I asked a local art cafe if they wanted some of my old books the other day, they said they had enough but told me where i could donate them.....but also warned me not to take them to the Oxfam charity shop in the city, as they were caught binning them in a skip behind the shop.

They could have given them to any number of people who couldn't afford books.

I hate the thought if there being no books to thumb through one day.

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join