It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about privacy of incoming U2Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Before I get to my question, according to the T&Cs, internal emails may be subject to staff scrutiny if the T&Cs have been previously violated. Here is what is explicitly stated:

Our Commitment Communication Privacy:

Members are provided with a private messaging system as part of their account privileges. Every reasonable effort is made to ensure the private messaging system is maintained in a secure fashion so as to ensure the privacy of any and all messages sent between members. Staff and/or owners will not observe the content or flow of any private messaging unless explicit reports of violations of the Terms and Conditions of Use or the Terms and Conditions of Membership are received. The private messages may be subject to run-time content filtering (such as vulgarities) that is used to filter the content of thread posts.

If I'm understanding this correctly, when a member violates the T&Cs, their outgoing U2Us may be placed under hold until they're reviewed by staff, but recently one of my incoming messages was viewed.

Why would an incoming message fall under this type of scrutiny?
If incoming messages do not fall under this T&C stipulation, does this mean that my internal email account has been compromised?

Thanks in advance for any related information.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

but recently one of my incoming messages was viewed.

If any member sends a PM and then goes to their outbox to view it, then it'll show up as read in your inbox.

Also, If you send a PM to someone try looking in your own outbox. If the message is bold then they haven't read it yet, but if it's not then it has been read by them. It's a good way of checking.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Rising Against because: Because apparently.. I can't spell. Edited to add a bit more content too.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

but recently one of my incoming messages was viewed.

If any member sends a PM and then goes to their outbox to view it, then it'll show up as read in your inbox.

Also, If you send a PM to someone try looking in your own outbox. If the message is bold then they haven't read it yet. But if it's not then it has been red by them.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Exactly.....

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thank you for quelling my curiosity as well as my nerves.
I'd never seen an unread message without the bold font before and I automatically assumed that it had been read prior to my opening of it.

Thanks for your help and reassurance.

Good day to you!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yeah your PMs have to be read to fight terrorism, do you want the terrorist to win or something?

new topics

top topics

join