It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Poll: Majority Says Tax Dollars Spent Less Carefully Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Fox News Poll: Majority Says Tax Dollars Spent Less Carefully Today
By Dana Blanton
Published April 13, 2012
FoxNews.com

Sounds like more bad news for the Øptimists.

53% of voters think their money is being spent less carefully by the government.

But on the other hand, 15% do think their tax dollars are spent more carefully today than five years ago.

The rest say it's all the same.

Of course this was polled soon after the GSA Las Vegas fiasco was reported to the public.

Other questions were also asked.

Adding to the pain of tax day, a majority of American voters think the government spends their money less carefully these days.

That’s according to a Fox News poll released Friday.

While 15 percent of voters believe their tax dollars are spent more carefully today than five years ago, three and a half times as many -- 53 percent -- say the money is spent less carefully.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
this doesnt suprise me at all.
people who take these polls are the same people that watch fox news.

and we all know how informed they are

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I wonder what could have given people the impression our elected politicians are spending money less carefully?

Maybe they heard Obama spent trillions in just 3 years and our government borrowed trillions with record debt that we can't pay back without robbing all Americans of their life savings. if they still have any. The method to pay back trillions is to devalue the currency. Some call it printing money. I believe both democrats and republicans have been doing it but the democrats seem to be better at spending more IMO. I guess that goes with Obama's plan to have gas prices eventually be $8 a gallon so that we are forced to conserve our vast resources. Too bad we won't have any money to spend on a new more efficient car because we'll have to cut back all our spending just to buy the gas for our cars to get to work and the grocery store. When our government is throwing money around in the trillion dollar amounts, it might make a few people suspect the government is not being a careful spender. I'd worry about those who think the government is more careful.
edit on 14/4/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

join