It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No news is NOT good news.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I thought there were laws that prevented ownership of newspapers or television stations in multiple markets. The reason for the law was to prevent individuals from influencing public opinion by skewing the information in one way or another. So how is it we now have one topic du jour and then endless discussion or debate among newscasters?
They don't report anything anymore, they just give their opinion and beat it to death until their opinion becomes your opinion. I'm not referring to any particular issue because they do it with every issue they choose to focus on, and the same opinion seems to exist on multiple networks.
A journalist should report on the "who, what, when and where" leaving the "why" open to PUBLIC opinion, that's the only way it works. When you have three people discussing the issue and going into detail about "why" they feel that way about it you no longer have a news show, you have a "talk show".
I don't give a crap what the newscaster thinks, in most cases their comments are annoying at best and the longer they talk the less news gets covered. And maybe that's the point.
How long before they stop waiting for things to report on and just start making it up or making it happen? Or is it already happening? Kony 2012?
Remember the "Two girls one cup" meme? I never saw the actual video but I saw a ton of videos showing peoples reaction to it. While not the first of it's type, this incident was a historic moment. It marked the birth of a bastard child of epic proportions, the creation of an actual entity out of thin air far more powerful than the video that gave birth to it. The REACTION is the new Frankenstein.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I thought there were laws that prevented ownership of newspapers or television stations in multiple markets.

I at one time thought this too...however, even though I don't watch mainstream, I know that both my local TV station and local newspaper are part of a conglomerate...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
here here. I second ya.
It's time for people to realize all you stated.
SnF.
People, less and less, are listening to the MSM...for we want REAL news and not someone just spouting off their thoughts to gear the populace....
We , that think for ourselves, do and will find truth in all matters regardless of how they try to sway the opinions.
edit on 16-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

join