It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does T.D. Ameritrade know something about the end of the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I was zonin out to the police scanner, computer, and t.v. at the same time, and I heard this commercial in the background. Like other big tragic events, we had advance warnings from hollywood, like the simpsons 9/11 and the many others. Could this just be td ameritrade mocking the mayan calendar end of the world believers, or a subtle joke/hint of the tragic future that we could be in store for? Either way its pretty funny, Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This should have been in he super bowl
its a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I know there is another thread about this commercial...

Anyway I've seen this commercial a couple different times. And I see a lot of Atlantis symbolism in it. Maybe 'm seeing things, but does anyone else see it? The rings within rings? Who knows, it is a very strange commercial though, anyway that you look at it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Just the pyramids in the stillshot above are kinda creepy. I dont know if they are mocking or trying to subliminally tell us a riddle

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
TD Ameritrade vs. The Mayans

MODs!!!!!!!

Here... you want a thread to start in regards to commercials and a possible conspiracy, along the same lines.

Check out

won't even go into the rant about the number 13, america, and the mayan pyramid, and mayan numerology...

BTW, check out the bolt that hits the ground, and the logo on it...

EDIT: And the CONSTANT REFERENCE to the word SECRET!
edit on 13-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

MODs!!!!!!!

Here... you want a thread to start in regards to commercials and a possible conspiracy, along the same lines.

Check out

won't even go into the rant about the number 13, america, and the mayan pyramid, and mayan numerology...

My deepest apologies!! You got my vote for "jr. mod of the year"

Mods, please place in file 13. My plagueristic ways should have me banned. Please forgive me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
what about the midcontinent video. Ladies dressed in white and storm clouds, lightning, high winds, rain. A little creepy. There are several comercials like this, some even creepier.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

MODs!!!!!!!

Check out

The numbers hand written on the tire are 36/56 which equals 9/11 and placed in between the words Good & Year
and the Gecko is pointing at the numbers.

ETA
The blue part of the car looks like a Gecko with a crazy pair of eyes, smoking something while staring. Don't press play, just look up
edit on 4/14/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think it's just a despicable (but ingenious) way of targeting people who are scared and unsure about this coming prophecy. (while possibly mocking the believers.) It's trying to make people second guess themselves and start second guessing their beliefs.

like:
"wellllll s***....
this did not pan out as expected..... hrmmmm... well, I've just bent myself over a barrel.
I have nothing to my name and no plans or funds for the future. I wasn't expecting to still be here today."
they're playing on the fears of people who are worried about this possible doomsday. and making those who have spent time and effort prepping for it, (or just letting the possibility of it gnaw at their mind) second guess themselves.

IMO: I think it appears as a joke on the surface. making fun of the believers by making them appear foolish, crazy or paranoid. (I can't really think of any other words to describe it ATM)

I mean, people are spending their LIVES preparing or thinking about it, and they may end up throwing away everything they have for this.

brilliant tactic though: using something that will freak out the average person and that is such a widely known prediction.
but it's dirty.

I respect that.

just my two cents.
edit on 14-4-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I wish I could star ya twice for that post! Very cool

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

MODs!!!!!!!

Check out

My deepest apologies!! You got my vote for "jr. mod of the year"

Mods, please place in file 13. My plagueristic ways should have me banned. Please forgive me.

oh wow... I was completely joking when I wrote "MODs!!!" lol The only reason I knew about the TD Ameritrade VS Mayans thread was because I commented on it.

I could seriously care less about any actions MODs feel necessary to take, I just play by the rules...

BTW, you are forgiven LOL!

@PublicEnemy... yeah I noticed that too the first time that I saw it... wasn't too sure if I should've brought it up or not LOL.

Well now that cat is out of the bag... time to find the right way to skin it.
edit on 14-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So, you think these people are not intelligent enough to play with your head?
They have whole boards of psychologists and whole libraries of information on you....
They spend their days trying to get into your head, my head, everyones head.......and does it seem so surprising when they do manage to freak you?
This is powerful stuff....mind control stuff,,,,,people were tiortured to figure out how to screw with your mind...people died....others lived on as vegetables.....
The whole ad game is some scarey #!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

im pretty sure it was, i guess its just what country you live in, because thats where i saw it first
edit on 14-4-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Satire.
Gosh, how thick does someone need to be to not get that.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Really, if "they" think we are all so dumb why would they be so subtle. Oh wait, I know, only the intelligent will be able to get the message. The stupid ones will never see it. Just the same way "they" are getting the word out about alien life through movies and specials on the discovery channel. "They" are just so clever.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

How does 36/56 equal 9/11. Whats the math. Like this says 2 plus 2 equals 4 (2 + 2 = 4)
So show your work. because 36 plus 56 equals 92. 56 minus 36equals 20 . Is that a gazinta ? You know 2 gazinta 4 two times. 4 gazinta 8 two times. 8 gazinta 24 four times. 35 gazinta 56 1.6 times. Still no 9/11.
edit on 14-4-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

oooo, mind control. Pretty scary stuff alright. But I think they are more interested in controling your purse strings than your mind. Advertising agencies arent out to control your mind, they just want to entice you with their cleverness. This ad got some attention I'd say so cudos to the originator. Bet there was a nice little bonus for this.
Their point I believe is that you really should plan on being here on Dec 22 2012. Dont max out the VISA, dont stop paying your mortgage and dont pull your kids out of school. If anything they debunk the whole Myan myth and 2012 in one fell swoop. So much for "them".

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Oh and before I go too much further let me address how you are spending your time. Not my business I know but really you should get outside. Too much electronics surrounding you. Get outside and see the sun. Pick some flowers. It's SPRING for cryin out loud.
This in response to "I was zoning out to the police scanner, tv, computer....."

This as I sit in front of my own computer... la la la.
Ironic aint it ?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

How does 36/56 equal 9/11. Whats the math. Like this says 2 plus 2 equals 4 (2 + 2 = 4)
So show your work. because 36 plus 56 equals 92. 56 minus 36equals 20 . Is that a gazinta ? You know 2 gazinta 4 two times. 4 gazinta 8 two times. 8 gazinta 24 four times. 35 gazinta 56 1.6 times. Still no 9/11.
edit on 14-4-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

lol. Maybe he did the math wrong.. if you take 36/56 as a fraction and reduce it you get 9/14..maybe he got lost somewhere in the reduction

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Are you asking me out? lol jk Well my little girl was home sick and sleeping, was feelin kinda lazy myself, excuse me for being american. Trust me, I get out PAHLEEEENTY

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join