It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 year old brains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
OK first I am a skeptic, but! not when it comes to alien life.
When I watch, read, study, ancient building, masonary or rock work, everyone always talks about, Where did they get these perfect squares, or perfect angles, or how did they cut it.
I want to remind everyone, that we have had the same mental capacity for 50,000 years and as far as shapes and right angles...Are you telling me that geometrical shapes were not in there minds.
Think about it same brain bored to death thinking of some way some how to do something different.
I myself am a mason and everyone know about the 3,4,5 method of right angles.
Its the tools and the perfection that get me .Yet if you were hired to made something perfect and you nothing else to do "except" make something perfect, and you had years...Dont you think you could if you had the skills

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
When I watch, read, study, ancient building, masonary or rock work, everyone always talks about, Where did they get these perfect squares, or perfect angles, or how did they cut it.
I want to remind everyone, that we have had the same mental capacity for 50,000 years and as far as shapes and right angles...Are you telling me that geometrical shapes were not in there minds.
Think about it same brain bored to death thinking of some way some how to do something different.
Its the tools and the perfection that get me .Yet if you were hired to made something perfect and you nothing else to do "except" make something perfect, and you had years...Dont you think you could if you had the skills

Interesting but kind of missing the point, were any diamond tipped saws or more importantly, large cranes ever excavated at any sites?

edit on 13-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
10 min with a diamond bit or 40 years with a skilled craftsman

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I understand your point, but you would still need the tools and equipment to move it and shape it etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

generation, matbe two ?????

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What about for the places that have no trees or stone quarries for 100s of miles, nor any rivers or oceans to help move the stones, yet somehow we still find giant cities that we cannot even build today, even with our transportation ability.

People were smarter back then. They were able to build all these mysterious ruins that we cannot even begin to produce today while not having stupid waste like plastics, rubber, etc. Where is all the waste? If we were smarter then them, we could reproduce everything with no waste as they did. Which we cannot do.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
A possible experiment, although totally inhumane, would be to raise a child in complete isolation from other people and outside information sources. It would be extremely interesting to see what he could figure out on his own.

I would be willing to bet a lot of things are ingrained within our psyche from birth, while even more could be learned with logic and reasoning.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles
What about for the places that have no trees or stone quarries for 100s of miles, nor any rivers or oceans to help move the stones, yet somehow we still find giant cities that we cannot even build today, even with our transportation ability.

Good luck coming up with an example of the above.

Harte

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

From another thread recently, there are quite a few different sources that indicates baby dies without any human contact.

As for 50,000 years ago here in Australia, there are indications that some change took place with the population that lived on the land with evidence that some form of human life going back 150,000 - 200,000 years. The Aboriginals still used tools and weapons, but moved around too much to establish houses and such.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have often thought how important it is to conduct an experiment like that!
It may not be humane, and ethics groups would jump on it immediately, but it's an experiment that needs to be conducted so we can discover more about our species!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenTFH

I have often thought how important it is to conduct an experiment like that!
It may not be humane, and ethics groups would jump on it immediately, but it's an experiment that needs to be conducted so we can discover more about our species!

Wow it would be a good learning experience but that sounds pretty cruel to rob an innocent child of a childhood and a loving family and friends, just in the name of science.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

there are no examples of what you are claiming. also, yes we can do what they can, just not in the way they did because we don't exactly know how they did it.

People were smarter back then. They were able to build all these mysterious ruins that we cannot even begin to produce today while not having stupid waste like plastics, rubber, etc. Where is all the waste? If we were smarter then them, we could reproduce everything with no waste as they did. Which we cannot do.

Just a thought.

honestly... you do realize that all those mysterious ruins were built to last thousands of years as monuments to the people that built them right? they built plenty of things that didn't last, it is why we don't find the mud brick huts they used while building the big things, rather we had to look hard to find any remnants left from that.

why do you keep repeating a lie? yes it is a lie, we could build a pyramid using modern tech in a few months if we had the same size work force they used, if not faster if we increased it.
we don't know the steps they took to build the monuments, so we can't replicate it, but modern tech could easily do it faster and better.

edit on 15-4-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Remember to that back then there was no...9-5 lol
We dont have it in us to work like they did

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

Tiwanaku

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If you read up on feral children, they imitate any animals they are around. They are permanently mentally stunted and cannot be rehabilitated. It is a sad situation and the scientific results are already provided by cruel and negligent parents or caregivers.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

there are no examples of what you are claiming. also, yes we can do what they can, just not in the way they did because we don't exactly know how they did it.

Just a thought.

honestly... you do realize that all those mysterious ruins were built to last thousands of years as monuments to the people that built them right? they built plenty of things that didn't last, it is why we don't find the mud brick huts they used while building the big things, rather we had to look hard to find any remnants left from that.

why do you keep repeating a lie? yes it is a lie, we could build a pyramid using modern tech in a few months if we had the same size work force they used, if not faster if we increased it.
we don't know the steps they took to build the monuments, so we can't replicate it, but modern tech could easily do it faster and better.

edit on 15-4-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

Not exactly the waste I was talking or thinking about.

For instance, scientists have just found a Uranium mine that shows areas in of Uranium waste which date back 100s of millions of years ago. The only way to for the Uranium isotopes to be depleted the way it was, would be to use it as Nuclear Plant, but that would mean that there was a Nuclear Plant in that area over 100s of millions of years ago.

That is waste I was talking about, that and plastics and such. Our current waste is much greater and ever lasting compared to that in the past. Yet they built structures that are far superior to ours without use of modern technology and leaving behind no waste that lasts as long as ours does.

Granted some of these structures were built thousands of years ago and some of the materials would have decomposed, but there are items that would not have. But then again that would be ones own interpretation of what "waste" consists of.

As for your claim on being able to build a pyramid. Who was the architect who made such claims and can you post a link or any information on this individual who claims they can rebuild a pyramid? Maybe it can or maybe it can't, but that is just one megalith compared to 100s all around the world that cannot be duplicated. There are stones that weigh over 1000 tons that were moved into place and perfect alignment.

What do you know of in terms of modern technology that could lift at 1000+ ton stone?

Also Tiwanaku is just one of several sites that fit my earlier description of areas of civilization which bear no trees, stones, or rivers to help move large stones miles away. The designs that were carved into those stones are also something that cannot be duplicated.

Granted we are smart, but that does not mean the past was not smarter. As it has been said once before by many scientists and inventors, we're not inventing or discovering new things but relearning and rediscovering the forgotten past.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

Tiwanaku

Quarried from right across the lake.

Stuff floats. Heavy stuff can float too, if you put it on top of enough floaty stuff.

So, like I said, good luck coming up with an example (even one) of this.

Harte

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by madhadder545

Interesting but kind of missing the point, were any diamond tipped saws or more importantly, large cranes ever excavated at any sites?

edit on 13-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Diamond tipped saws? No. Sand saws and bronze,copper,various metal saws? Yes.

Cranes? No. Pulleys, Fulcrums and Leverage Bars? Yes.

The methods were not as advanced as today and took significantly longer to achieve, However ancient stone forming methods and ancient masonry building techniques were most certainly capable of what we can do today given the appropriate amount of time to achieve their goals.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Not exactly the waste I was talking or thinking about.

For instance, scientists have just found a Uranium mine that shows areas in of Uranium waste which date back 100s of millions of years ago. The only way to for the Uranium isotopes to be depleted the way it was, would be to use it as Nuclear Plant, but that would mean that there was a Nuclear Plant in that area over 100s of millions of years ago.

Im guessing you are referring to the Oklo NATURAL nuclear reactor. Here is a little tidbit.

Source

What made such a thing possible was that in the distant past uranium was naturally enriched in U-235, that is, less of it had decayed away by nuclear fission. About 1.7 billion years ago, to be more precise, a natural deposit of uranium ore was radioactive enough to generate about 100 kilowatts of heat, off and on, for more than a million years. Geologic forces gathered the uranium together. First a layer of sandstone was infiltrated by uranium-bearing groundwater, leaving a relatively thin sheet of uranium-oxide ore. Then the rocks were tilted, and as they eroded downward the groundwater concentrated the uranium minerals, sweeping them downward within the sandstone until a thick stripe of ore was built up. That's when things heated up.

That is waste I was talking about, that and plastics and such. Our current waste is much greater and ever lasting compared to that in the past. Yet they built structures that are far superior to ours without use of modern technology and leaving behind no waste that lasts as long as ours does.

If they didnt have the tech to make plastics and other long lasting waste products, they would not be around for us to find them. Thats just simple logic.

Granted some of these structures were built thousands of years ago and some of the materials would have decomposed, but there are items that would not have. But then again that would be ones own interpretation of what "waste" consists of.

The definition of building and manufacturing waste does not change. It is any material left over from construction that cannot be reused or recycled and has been discarded. We actually DO have evidence of this from ancient times. Try googleing Roman waste systems or Pompeii waste and tomb construction.

As for your claim on being able to build a pyramid. Who was the architect who made such claims and can you post a link or any information on this individual who claims they can rebuild a pyramid? Maybe it can or maybe it can't, but that is just one megalith compared to 100s all around the world that cannot be duplicated. There are stones that weigh over 1000 tons that were moved into place and perfect alignment.

Sorry my friend but that is bologna. Ever heard of the Luxor in Vegas?

What do you know of in terms of modern technology that could lift at 1000+ ton stone?

How about one that can lift over 17000 metric tonnes?

Also Tiwanaku is just one of several sites that fit my earlier description of areas of civilization which bear no trees, stones, or rivers to help move large stones miles away. The designs that were carved into those stones are also something that cannot be duplicated.

And everything I have given proof for can go along with each of those ancient sights.

Granted we are smart, but that does not mean the past was not smarter. As it has been said once before by many scientists and inventors, we're not inventing or discovering new things but relearning and rediscovering the forgotten past.

We are more intelligent. We have made vast strides in physics and mathmatics and science. I would say that makes us "smarter".

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

easter island had trees once until they chopped
them all down to move them big heads

top topics

<<   2 >>

join