It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRAD - defend your ears from their new tool.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by problemsolvr

You put it in such a way that I am sitting shaking my head in dismay, of course you are correct.
I cannot give you an answer as to why any Government thinks they can do and get away with the things they do, so I gave you a blue star instead

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Would having Concave shaped protest signs help?

Deflect/Reflect the sound waves back at the authorities?

Clever idea, why not make all of the signs out of old satellite dishes? They are everywhere and free. That would be a rude awakening having it reflected right back at them. I saw a display with 2 satellite dishes across the room from each other, with a person standing at each one you could carry on a conversation like you were standing side by side.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
When I see things like this in the media, I have to wonder if they really don't plan on using the "Active Denial System" for crown control for protests at political conventions and such.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by Bedlam

Radio waves aren't charged. While they certainly behave as reactive elements, at least over the frequency range they're good for, you can't collect radio energy in a capacitor the way you do direct current.

Actually, you can, I've done it. I made a stacked diode array with a series of dielectric disc capacitors that recovered RF as usable electricity, wasn't a lot, only a few 10's of milliamps from the normal background RF (nothing directed specifically at the device). So yes, you can make a capacitor that will convert RF into a charge. And actually, I used to make Tunnel Diode microwave powered listening devices and microwave "ticklers" using Tunnel Diodes for military vehicle ID applications. We shot a diffuse signal at the coil/cap/tunnel diode circuit which converted the RF to DC and then powered the device so we could eavesdrop (300 feet) or get the vehicle ID (30 feet, lower powered so vehicles couldn't be targeted in the field).

You are right on the fact that a shield or Faraday Cage would have to have openings that were smaller than 1/4 wavelength of the maximum frequency to be blocked. However, there is another way and that is part of the subject of my patent filing.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Thanks for the link on the lazer glasses,

I think the LRAD would be pretty useless against expanding foam ear plugs PLUS a pair of Peltor's over the actual ears. The microwave weapon that gives your skin that "prickly heat" feeling sounds altogether more sinister. I have also read of devices that affect the human brain activity and make the person feel docile, lethargic and despondant. There are even shotgun cartridges now that contain a small bean bag instead of lead shot.
What will they come up with next one has to wonder....

PEACE,
RK

This is the kind of work I used to do for the military and CI, solutions to problems. I actually shut down an NRC project when I found out it would be used as an ultrasonic and microwave directed energy weapon for crowd control in 1995. There is a picture of the controller on my company website, that uses an 87C196 processor and three TI DSP's with a series of A-D and D-A converters (the board firmware was written in assembly language). I would have to dig up the original spherical array pictures which they wanted changed to a directed and 100 meter focusable emitter array. I probably should have built it as they wanted, I'd probably be sitting on a lot of royalties for that job, but I decided in 1990 to stop building offensive weapons for the military. Now, I am OK with defensive weapons, so countermeasures are an area I am perfectly willing to expand upon.

Any EMF (or RF) signal can be shielded using a Faraday Cage. I used to have two rooms in my house, my lab was one and my servers were located in the other, they were both completely lined with sheets of overlapped and grounded foil behind the gyproc in the walls/ceiling and under the floor, so I was pretty serious about protecting my servers and my research at the time.

There is another way to shield against EMF that is portable, but it's just tricky and "timing" is everything.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/14.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I havent got a clue what your talking about,
I fit bits of steel together, albeit on a big scale, but honestly... you E & I Guys speak another language,
very interesting tho........
plz PM me

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

From the bottom of my heart, mind the sort of info you post mate,
lets discuss this in private, we can dicuss VPN and Encryption for starters.......

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
would having an Mp3 player headphones in and listening to your Mp3 player be a protection against this?

Or is the only protection going to be expandable foam ear plugs?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
heres a wild idea... how about you don't act likea bunch of animals running around in the street..
edit on 14-4-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Actually, you can, I've done it. I made a stacked diode array with a series of dielectric disc capacitors that recovered RF as usable electricity, wasn't a lot, only a few 10's of milliamps from the normal background RF (nothing directed specifically at the device). So yes, you can make a capacitor that will convert RF into a charge.

If you rectify it - which isn't exactly having a capacitor that converts RF into a charge, now, is it? More like making a scavenging circuit that rectifies RF and a low-leakage cap to store the result.

And it's going to be wretchedly difficult to rectify high power 95GHz, especially in a rubber/mesh suit.

And actually, I used to make Tunnel Diode microwave powered listening devices and microwave "ticklers" using Tunnel Diodes for military vehicle ID applications. We shot a diffuse signal at the coil/cap/tunnel diode circuit which converted the RF to DC and then powered the device so we could eavesdrop (300 feet) or get the vehicle ID (30 feet, lower powered so vehicles couldn't be targeted in the field).

900MHz is a bit different than 95GHz. Just sayin'. We've done RFID from scratch too, for SOCOM.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Nothing new about this. They used the LRAD against the protesters at the G20 in Pittsburgh back in 2009.

"Attention! Attention! Attention! This has been declared an unlawful assembly!"

It amazes me how soon people forget these things.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
heres a wild idea... how about you don't act likea bunch of animals running around in the street..
edit on 14-4-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

lol, your no fun!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've wondered what a .22 would do to the LRAD...it looks like a pretty easy target to hit.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jihadoflove

Get you arrested as a terrorist and held indefinitely? That's just off the top of my head though. Try it out and let us know how that goes for you.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jihadoflove
I've wondered what a .22 would do to the LRAD...it looks like a pretty easy target to hit.

They're pretty breakable, but if you start shooting they're going to return fire indiscriminately. If you want to be Kent State II, you might let the other folks around you know before you cut loose, they might not want to join in.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I've always wondered if those full-body riot shields are available to buy. Does anybody know if it's legal for civilians to own them?

Also, I think these things work better than earplugs don't they? I used these one summer when I was 17 working on a construction site and they block out A LOT of sound.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
I've always wondered if those full-body riot shields are available to buy. Does anybody know if it's legal for civilians to own them?

Also, I think these things work better than earplugs don't they? I used these one summer when I was 17 working on a construction site and they block out A LOT of sound.

You can buy a full body armour kit for use in motor-cross and its pretty strong stuff

I work in some very noisy conditions and the expandable, disposable ear plugs combined with the Peltor ear defenders that you linked are a good combination for blocking high levels of noise.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yes, I mentioned the use of LRAD in Pittsburg a cpl of years ago in my OP.
I have not heard of it being used since then until now.
Thanks for posting the videos....

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
G8 was moved to Camp David. The NATO Conference will still be taking place in Chicago the same weekend in May. 20-21. From my understanding there will be quite a few live streams up and running, even with the Chicago WireTap laws. See ya there

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
would having an Mp3 player headphones in and listening to your Mp3 player be a protection against this?

Or is the only protection going to be expandable foam ear plugs?

No, that wouldn't work and dependent on the frequency of the LRAD, even expanding foam plugs wouldn't work. If the sound pressure transfers through the skin and bones in the head, you've got a serious problem. You know the old saying, "fight fire with fire?" That stands as truth in this case, except you fight an audio wave with an equal but inverted audio wave. I don't know if this is feasible however as it is sound pressure, your inverted source would have to be far enough away from your ears that it didn't damage your hearing.

But here's a thought... If you made a helmet that had at least one layer of vacuum with a baffled breathing system and the space between the inner part and outer part of the helmet was suspended by elements that were either magnetic (not touching) or were resonant at a much higher frequency than the LRAD signal, the vacuum would stop the sound. If it isn't patented, anyone can do it now, I just made this method using a vacuum and magnetic suspensors public knowledge ;-)

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join