It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature is SO much better than puny humans!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
LOL

You've all heard that one, right, that nature is way much better than humans and that we should copy it to better ourselves?...

Many times, in the last months, I've seen members say how much they despise humanity and how Mother Nature should do away with us, because we are such vile creatures on the face of the Earth.

Murder. Rape. Incest. Cruelty. Infanticide. Wars.

The list goes on. And on, and its our lot, as exclusive as a Hollywood movie deal, it seems.

So one day last week, I caught the end of a documentary about animals in nature, and decided to watch it, with both my young sons.

I would have loved to show you the videos, but I couldn't find them on the net. So I will describe to you the awe inspiring nature moment we got to see, and that I should imitate to better myself, apparently.

The first one was about a young adult male elephant that was trying to drown a baby elephant in the river because he recently had to leave his mother's side, being now too big to stay with his mother... Huh.

The second one was about a lioness, that's a female lion for you, who was injuring young hyenas and leaving them to die agonizing death, after breaking their spine with her jaws, but not before she took a few minutes to shake them very hard. She did not even feed on them. Huh.

I know some of our fellow members love to see cute animals videos, so I went to search on YouTube if there were videos of animal behaviors we should try to imitate, all in the spirit of bettering ourselves.

WARNING: SHOCKING VIDEOS OF NATURE'S GOODNESS AHEAD!!!

Baboon brunches on baby baboon

Baboon brunches on Bambi

Chimps junglegang on a lone one

But they are primates!, some of you might say. Yes. You think we can link their behavior to being somewhat close to humans? Huh.

Who doesn't love a good ol' cat video? Here are a few to enjoy.

Lion infanticide

Lions kill mother hippo and baby

You won't see the lion in this one, only its effect

But to be fair, hippos can ALSO be gentle

You felt sad for the hyena above?, How about a warthog, then?

And if you think WE are a greedy specie, looking at any opportunity to raise in the social rank, to say we are alone to act that way is BULL. Look at the following video where a buffalo confronts a rhino. Once the fight is on, the other buffalos cowardly come to strike their fighting fellow member. As a poster on the page of the video says, it must have been the Alpha Buffalo fighting, and the others tried to take advantage of the situation. Huh.

Even our feathery friends partake in the Joy of being better than humans.

To say they only act that way because it's feeding time, explain to me how it betters elephant seals to be crushed by a full grown male

This one is all about power of ruling. I would dare to say political... Anyway, If we have to learn something from the next animal behavior it's the following: When one is on the ground, keep on hitting!

You can see from the videos above that our attitudes do not really differ from animals, because WE are also animals born out of nature.

We, the Humans, and Them, the animals, are from the same source, with DNA built from the same materials, obeying similar laws.

Look at ants; they use chemicals to make war. Take their adversaries young to make slaves out of them, mutilate other insects in order to facilitate their breeding, cultivate mushrooms for lighting (!) and know how to create heat with compost for the winters.

Do you really believe that ants would not use nuclear weapons, if they were to know what it was and how to use it?

Because... How do all animals resolve their problems? By demonstrating violence. For food, sex, territory, etc.

I know, of course, that animals do not act only the way they are seen in the videos above. They can be gentle even with members of another specie.

But to see ONLY this side of them is to be dishonest, and very judgmental of humanity.

We created hospitals, schools, and created a society in which everyone's work facilitate everyone's life.

We are not perfect, but we can better ourselves.

We are not perfect, but we are NATURAL! And abiding by Nature's OWN Law of Life.

It is paradoxical that we find UNNATURAL what is seen in nature itself...

Huh.

PS: I wish I could present videos for the following, also, but I can only describe what I've seen on a documentary about AI. With consciousness comes cooperation, but also greed and violence...

Even robots do it. Huh.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

You forgot one important point to your collage of nature fighting.
Even in the microscopic world nature is fighting. White t-cell fighting infection.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Huh.

You are so right!
Thanks for that!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

These animals have no morals or respect for each other
Morality is what seperates us from these wild beasts
Great videos
S

Cran

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It really put the movie The Lion King into perspective. NAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SAVYINA!!!!
edit on 13-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I think we have a similar morality. We can be as bad or as good as they can be.

We have invented many ways to torture ourselves, but also many to heal.

I've long been wondering what made us different from animals and the best answer I could give is our religions. That would allow us some insight on morality, but the application is hard for us, so it must be unimaginable to them.

And that brings us to the "Knowing of good and evil..." event that is the line we seem to see between us and nature.

Strange. But is it really there, or did we just put fancy clothes on a part of us to forget we are animals, too?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

It suddenly becomes more real, no? You saw how that lion used the warthog and whatsisname for his own personal gain, in order to repair greed? LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace

These animals have no morals or respect for each other
Morality is what seperates us from these wild beasts
Great videos
S

Cran

So someone who commits murder has morals? no you cant be, no really lol?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by freewestray

A different set of morality than the usual human being use, but still moral rules to them, however immoral to us. Weird, no?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yea, the people who want to do away with humans expect some Adam and Eve business in the garden of edan with all the animals living in harmony. As if a pig is just going to offer their rib cage like in the simpsons

They won't last a day in nature.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

humans do wicked things like in those videos and more..... the problem is,,, humans should know better,, humans believe themselves to be above animals,, humans believe they are civil and poses intelligence..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

You can speak for humans, but who can speak for the animals? What do they believe? I'm pretty sure a male lion thinks he's the sh*t.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

As you say, it is only a belief that we have.

We are driven by compulsions that also drive the animals.

We believe we are better, but we also believe nature is better while we are all the same, when we observe what is going on with the different species of the planet. We have different means to accomplish similar goals, to different degrees.

The buildings we make are as marvelous as the spider webs or the beehives...
edit on 13-4-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

I had the exact same thought.

When an elephant stomps on you, he certainly doesn't see you as top of the food chain.

PS: I saw a video of a small bird in Africa that was yelling like hell after a young elephant. The elephant kept throwing dirt at it, but the bird was always coming back, all that while being watch by other animals...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, that's why I think these dheads who worship "mother earth" and nature are pack of dunderheads- ffs nature is as brutal as she comes

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I think the videos show that very clearly... I still prefer to be human, that's for sure!

We ARE living in a violent universe.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
People have this foolish notion that humans are somehow seperate from nature and not really part of it.

We are, and everything we do is part of nature. Evil and greed is a part of nature just as benevolance and compassion.

If you have ever left the cities you live in, those mind-prisons built for you, and go out into the wild you will quickly find out how cruel nature really can be.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Are humans not also nature? If we are above the animals of this planet, or if we are not a part of nature we must come from somewhere else other than Earth.

When people talk about what separates us from animals I can't help but wonder what exactly do they think we are, if not animals? We're certainly not machines (yet), nor plants. Yes we're far more advanced in many ways, in our minds, but we bleed red just like the rest of the animal kingdom.

Are we at the top of the food chain? Some might say yes, but there's one entity who usually has the final say in that one. You might know her, big and round, been around for 4.5 billion years or so...

I know some of our fellow members love to see cute animals videos
Ah, yes. We refer to them as Disney fans. I'll be honest though, I love to see some lolcats on occasion.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Sek82 because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

As you say, it is only a belief that we have.

We are driven by compulsions that also drive the animals.

We believe we are better, but we also believe nature is better while we are all the same, when we observe what is going on with the different species of the planet. We have different means to accomplish similar goals, to different degrees.

The buildings we make are as marvelous as the spider webs or the beehives...

its a belief we have, but the belief is true when we act in accordance to that which we believe,, humans are absolutely amazing,,, the actual existence of humans and what they accomplish and do,,, a man thinking he is the snip like a lion, taking care of business,, working together,,, we can communicate with each other extensively,, every thought we have,, every detail can be worked out, all things between us can be shared and known,, all problems solved,, its incredible,, the cultures, the innovations,, the beauty, the skill, its awesome mang,

i dont wish all humans would die, and i dont hate humans,,,,, but it certainly is a bummer knowing that there is nothing stopping the human species from making their existence however they collectively would want it to be,, working together towards perfection and progression,, with wisdom and awareness for all and to all things that deserve it.
edit on 13-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
daaaamn nature.. you scarayy!

but to be realistic.. we ARE nature... we're a part of it just as much as anything.. we are not separate from "the nature"..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join