It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas Could've Paid $103,067 More In Taxes Without Bush Tax Cuts, Credits

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

The point is that the laws need to change so all wealthy pay more...bottom line.

GOOD.

Lets start with the President,Senate and Congress,getting paid minimum wage.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by DarthMuerte

Right...because if Obama voluntarily paid 30% all would be well.

The point is that the laws need to change so all wealthy pay more...bottom line.

Don't be obtuse. He could at least show that he believes in the "virtue" of his position. He doesn't believe, he is a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
"If the Bush tax cuts hadn’t been extended and the president hadn’t chosen to employ those tax breaks he despises so much, Pres. Obama could’ve paid $103,067 more in taxes than he actually did for 2011. And, with the help of a government website, he could still pay it, anyway."

Link: cnsnews.com...

Ok can anyone define "hypocrite" to me? Honestly, I pay 36% of my wages in taxes...how much did our President pay? According to this article he paid 20.5%! Ok now will someone here tell me how we can respect a man who hates the rich, though he's rich himself, then tells the rich to pay more while he pays less than those of us who are of the 99%! When will those who see this man as some kind of a god come to their senses?

He is a liar just as those before him who occupied the oval office were liars. He is no different, except in one way...he desires to get into our business, our health care, our school loans, our home loans, our car loans, remember cash for clunkers? He embraces the ideology of a government that administrates every facet of our lives...and you "hope and changers" are still following the siren song of this man.

I can only hope those who are sleeping wake up, those who have put their heads into the sand will pull them out and breath fresh air and come to their senses.

We have a chance to vote this man out this fall, and I do believe Obama will go down into history as this nation's worst president.

So wait, you are mad that Obama paid lower taxes because of breaks by the previous president, and this is somehow a reason to dislike obama?

If this isnt a perfect summary of how so many want to view Obama, i dont know what is...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
what do the republicans always say when they take over a company through a leveraged buy out, lay everyone off and sell the company and then run for office on a "jobs" platform ?

"hey, it's legal, we just took advantage of the laws on the books"

this story would only be relevant if obama used the bush tax credits after getting them revoked

he did not do that obviously

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Who fault is that?

People who support robbing from the rich giving to the poor people really are missing the point that trillions of wealth has been destroyed because of that belief.

The i want it all i want it now from the i don't give a crap how generations there is no such thing as free in this country which so many people hold that beliief it costs in more ways than one.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No problem taking money though,to advance his Political career,hey?........

Obama cares about rhetoric,people can swallow. Hes a P.T. Barnum,an opportunistic everyday Politician. Buffet Tax, Spread the wealth,etc.......Poor,middle class,want REAL change. Not phoney change.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

GOOD.

Lets start with the President,Senate and Congress,getting paid minimum wage.

Fine with me....except that just guarantees that only the super rich would even bother running for election...but whatever....I've stopped trying to make sense on here.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Who fault is that?

People who support robbing from the rich giving to the poor people really are missing the point that trillions of wealth has been destroyed because of that belief.

The i want it all i want it now from the i don't give a crap how generations there is no such thing as free in this country which so many people hold that beliief it costs in more ways than one.

WHAT

You are blaming outsourcing on people saying that the rich are too rich????

You are truly out of touch and too deep in your propaganda to see clearly.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The "robbing from the rich" ideology leads to legislation and regulation which are nothing more than laws and that has pushed wealth and jobs out of this country.

People who still don't get that simple point ask yourselves this.

It is cheaper to have something made and shipped here 10,000 miles away than it is to have the same products or services made 1 mile away from where they live.

It is obvious people still won't get that which is why there are 75 million people out of work under employed and relying on Government checks.

Cause/effect.
edit on 13-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The "robbing from the rich" ideology leads to legislation and regulation which are nothing more than laws and that has pushed wealth and jobs out of this country.

People who still don't get that simple point ask yourselves this.

It is cheaper to have something made and shipped here 10,000 miles away than it is to have the same products or services made 1 mile away from where they live.

It is obvious people still won't get that which is why there are 75 million people out of work under employed and relying on Government checks.

Cause/effect.

This is too much.

Corporations outsource for one reason...they can outsource to countries that pay slave wages, treat the workers sub-human, and the corporations make more MONEY.

You are blind my friend...you have been sold a set of lies and you are living in a world of propaganda.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So "to be perfectly clear here "

its ok for those evil corporations to pay Chinese slave wages but when it comes to Americans its "oh hell no you don't "which is why there are trillions sitting offshore and trillions continue to move offshore.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Fine with me....except that just guarantees that only the super rich would even bother running for election...but whatever....I've stopped trying to make sense on here.

Hmmm

Couldn't Obama, the savior, enact sweeping change,that eliminates that type of action?

Never mind. He gets just as much money from the same people he verbally assassinates as rich,Wall street types,and has no problems "pandering" to the very poor,that have nothing to begin with.

Il stop trying to make sense out of Obama's "Hypocritical Oath".

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Something strange with the ObamaTaxes ?

Can somebody find where the "gifts" are on the returns ?

President Obama and his wife, Michele, gave a total of $48,000 in tax-free gifts to their daughters, according to tax records made public on Friday.

The president and his wife separately gave each daughter a $12,000 gift under a section of the federal tax code that exempts such donations from federal taxes.

There is nothing illegal about the president’s taking advantage of this tax shelter, but it does raise eyebrows given that he has lamented the myriad tax exemptions used by the wealthy—“millionaires and billionaires” like himself—to pay less in taxes. He has yet to propose a comprehensive plan to reform the byzantine tax code.....

The Obama’s untaxed gift to their daughters will leave American taxpayers to subsidize the college education of the children of the multi-millionaire Obamas.

First family transfers wealth, avoids taxes

Obama tax Returns

They must be out of touch rich people ?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So "to be perfectly clear here "

its ok for those evil corporations to pay Chinese slave wages but when it comes to Americans its "oh hell no you don't "which is why there are trillions sitting offshore and trillions continue to move offshore.

To be perfectly clear...those corporations shouldn't be allowed to pay anyone lower than minimum wage regardless of what country that worker is working in.

If they do...they should be taxed to hell to discourage it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So the us goverment gets to dictate pay across the globe eh?

No it doesn't work that way ever wonder why American business are thriving abroad and they are on their death bed in this country.

The us Government has zero right to tell any American company what to do or has any right to funds made elsewhere.

Nothing liberal there either maybe it's time liberals stopped using that word.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
just a hypocrite, he could lead by example, I'm sure his family could struggle by on the measly figure of $100,000 per year (as I suspect he doesn't pay for petrol, food, etc)

so if he REALLY meant what he said he would donate hundreds of thousands

He doesn't, he is just in it for power and money

People treat him like a demi-god- pathetic little puppets

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You all realize that the more you pay into taxes during the year just comes back to you in the end, right?

So Obama, Buffett, or whoever else you want to demonize paying more throughout the year will just receive the money back at the end of the year. If you ever bothered to pay more than you owe you'd realize that.

No one in this country is taxed above 35%, if you are, then you're doing your taxes wrong and should stop blaming the government for your mistakes.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
hey, why didn't mittens file a return ?

was his income grotesque ?

LOL

coward

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Got ignored the first time, so ill ask it again:
How can people possibly be mad at obama for Bush's tax cuts?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Romney's 2011 Tax return.

Mitt and Ann Romney have requested an extension for filing their 2011 federal tax returns, the Romney campaign announced late Friday.

The campaign released a copy of the extension request and an accompanying statement noting that “earlier this year, Gov. Romney released his 2010 tax return and an estimate of his 2011 income and taxes.” The statement, from spokeswoman Andrea Saul concluded: “This is an extension for filing his 2011 actual return, similar to what he has done in prior years.”

About 10 million of the 140 million annual tax filers request such an extension, according to IRS data. Romney announced the extension on the same day that President Obama released his tax returns.
Mitt Romney requests extension for filing 2011 tax return
There's a picture of the 4868 form on the link.

Amid increasing pressure to release his tax returns, presidential candidate Mitt Romney disclosed the documents late Monday night.

The former Massachusetts governor had an effective tax rate of 13.9 percent in 2010, a rate that is lower than the 26 percent paid by President Obama and the 31.6 percent rate paid by Newt Gingrich.

Romney’s full 2010 tax return is available below. It offers a glimpse at just how much he brought in, how he earned it, and what charitable donations he made.
Mitt Romney’s 2010 tax return, Romney’s estimated 2011 filing

Romney's 2010 tax return

Romney’s estimated 2011 filing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join