It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States inhumane act of punishment toward NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
I guess i am completely ignorant to believe that there is even a remote ray of hope that there's sunshine and rainbows on the other side of serious alienation remarks and we wonder why countries can't stand us. for once peace on this planet would really be nice considering the meer fact that we must share it.

I wont be mean
Your thinking is sweet to me, but it is very wishful and not in line with the reality of our world. We are not alone in our bad deeds as a country and IMO OUR OWN people should do more than sit passively by while we do certain things. However, history proves.. humans arent built for utopian peace. We are a contentious war-like species.. it will be impossible for us in our current state to ever be peaceful. It isnt the USA.. it is US .. ALL of us as a species. There are NO peaceful countries. There are NO peaceful peoples. There is no ray of hope in your lifetime that this will happen unless some giant hand comes out of the sky, sweeps over us, and changes ALL of our basic natures. Then we would no longer be human because to be human is to make war. Did you know even chimps make war over territory and most animals on our planet? We are not much different. We just have the capacity to make bigger war and bigger territories and some of those territories are not located on soil

Saying that, you can be the peace you wish for. You can effect change in your space and with others. Make more attainable goals than changing the basic nature of our species and be your own change. Keep learning and seeing that things are the way they are for specific reasons. We are all here seeking all of those reasons. Pursue your utopia and your idea of peace even if it will never be attained.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It is NOT the damn United States responsibility to feed the people of NK, we don't even take care of our own damn people here. So please tell me WHY the US should send food to a foreign country when it has people in its own backyard who need to be fed!!!

I feel bad for the people in NK but it's not our countries responsibility to help every country out there. We are BROKE for one so how the heck are we even sending food anywhere?! Seems to me it would be cheaper to feed the people here who need it at home.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
It is NOT the damn United States responsibility to feed the people of NK, we don't even take care of our own damn people here. So please tell me WHY the US should send food to a foreign country when it has people in its own backyard who need to be fed!!!

I feel bad for the people in NK but it's not our countries responsibility to help every country out there. We are BROKE for one so how the heck are we even sending food anywhere?! Seems to me it would be cheaper to feed the people here who need it at home.

Amen. I too believe this.. then again I believe we should cut ALL foreign aid of every type and get our own damned house in order.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
well im sorry im am completely ill informed MODS PLEASE REMOVE THREAD.

relax...we here on ATS tend to get a little cynical....your heart is in the right place, and i applaud you for that. i just wish the leaders of North Korea could see your way, their people would be alot better off

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
the most sad thing is that the 'people' and the 'government' are 2 very different things, and we should always, as human beings, try to help those in need. But we are sadly selfish creatures, and in the end, we often just do whatever personally benefits us most.
thus we end up saying "why should I? not my fault, not My problem."
Sad.
edit on 13-4-2012 by gemdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

because we are a capitalistic country, and if the corporations and companies can make a buck off of food products, they are sure as hell are not going to worry about someone getting it for free. if the wealthy and powerful don't care about the poor here in the richest country in the world, why would they even think about the great unwashed and starving in the other parts of the world. it's all about the benjamins.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by Destinyone

So I suppose you have tape recordings, transaction records, photographic proof, etc etc. Cause our country is always so honest and doesnt have the technology to forge lies about other countries and dish the propaganda to its people; our country would never lie to us. Not saying its not true but I think only the big guys really know whats going on with other countries and the rest is probably so misconstrued its not funny

You should spend some time actually keeping abreast of world news....

Food By going ahead with the launch, Pyongyang has sacrificed 240,000 metric tons of food aid from the United States, which the Obama administration had signed off on Feb. 29 ahead of the announced launch. To put this in perspective, this is a country that's military recently had to lower the minimum required height for its soldiers to 4 feet, 9 inches because of chronic malnutrition, the Los Angeles Times reports. One-third of North Korean children are believed to be "permanently stunted" because of a lack of food. Additionally, Amnesty International has reported that crippling food shortages have forced malnourished North Koreans to eat grass and tree bark just to survive. Last year, diplomats reported that in some areas government rations of cereals had been cut in half, down to 150 grams a day per person in some areas, down from the good old days when the majority of the country was issued 700 grams per day. The photo above shows children between the ages of four and five suffering from malnutrition in a nursery in Kangwon province in North Korea. Even international affairs experts are baffled by country's decision. "What is perplexing is that they left benefits on the table," the Council on Foreign Relations' Scott Snyder tol the Times. "Normally they would cash in on the agreement before reneging." Unfortunately, food aid isn't the only cost of launching the rocket.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Let's stick to the facts.

Each nation's leader is responsible for the well being of his own nation. The world does not owe any nation a living. If he had failed, due to natural causes, the world stands ready to help, if not world leaders, fellow humanity will pitch in.

Unfortunately, the evil baby kim regime had not only failed, he squandered resources for his and his cronies vainglorius delusions of absolute power. He refuses help and cooperation, instead only showed his middle finger to both the world and his own citizens.

If I had the last piece of bread, I would share it with my neighbour and figure out tommorow's meal, than to let my fellow man starve now. But for baby kim, he gets my middle finger instead. I will eat half my bread and find someone else in need instead, for there are many in our world today whom had and will not hurt or harm others even if they starve.

Starving North Koreans will have to find that courage to confront their oppressors, for freedom from tyranny cannot be bestowed upon by others or it will only be taken for granted.. The world will not sacrifice precious lives if N Koreans are not prepared themselves to do so, but the world stands ready to help when they do, for they are fellow humans, just as Libyans under Gaddafi was, or Syrians under the beast Assad are, and many more.....

edit on 13-4-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I'm just saying how do you know this really happened? You read a bunch of words and accepted it as fact. There is no evidence there Just someone saying something happened. How do you know it is not a lie?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I'm just saying how do you know this really happened? You read a bunch of words and accepted it as fact. There is no evidence there Just someone saying something happened. How do you know it is not a lie?

Why don't you google "North Korea malnutrition facts" and get back to this thread.

The North Korean leaders are doing an injustice to their own people. America has nothing to do with it. We have tried to help aid the people, and with assistance of the NK government we could probably make a big dent in the number of hungry NK citizens, but the tyrannical leaders want nothing to do with their weak and hungry. They just want to pump up their chests to try to show the world how "powerful" they are.

At this point, the only people that can help the North Koreans are the North Koreans.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Why don't you google "North Korea malnutrition facts" and get back to this thread.

The North Korean leaders are doing an injustice to their own people. America has nothing to do with it. We have tried to help aid the people, and with assistance of the NK government we could probably make a big dent in the number of hungry NK citizens, but the tyrannical leaders want nothing to do with their weak and hungry. They just want to pump up their chests to try to show the world how "powerful" they are.

At this point, the only people that can help the North Koreans are the North Koreans.

I wonder if NKs benevolent leader knows.. while he lets food spoil and launches regardless of several countries warning him not to. ( the UN, South Korea, Japan, the UK germany.. the list goes on.. NOT just the US)
asiancorrespondent.com...
This was in 2011.. now you hear it is happening again with news out of Japan and South Korea.. hmm wonder why? Because teh leadership in NK only cares about power.. not its people.

The people are risking their lives and many dying just to escape the hellhole. Dare you NK sympathizers to watch this.
www.youtube.com...

If we could, and not have China start ww3 over it, if there was any aid to give, we should give aid to an internal coup or revolution and overthrow that evil government and help the people take control. Now the people are so beaten down with famine and abuse from their government they cant do diddly. The famine wiping out 1/10 in one year, forced into cannibalism and public executions tend to do that to people.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
God I love reading american debate in the morning.

Especially when it's something that 99% of them know sweet **** all about.

Do the world a favour, go watch Idol, jersey shore or Ellen. The more of you that can stay away from intelligent discussion on other countries you know nothing about, the more the world can have a proper grown up conversation.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Let the kids explain...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

You have a fair point. We could feed the world on a fraction of the money we spend on weaponry...

NK is only on the list because it does not have a central bank installed yet.. Just like Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq never.. Well they have now and only a few more countries to go....

What right has the US got to starve a nation because their leader fired a missile..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

The North Korean leaders are doing an injustice to their own people

Yes they are but does that mean they should be sanctioned and starved further by the actions of the US..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Do some of you realize it WASNT just the US that made this decision? Seriously? It was the UN Security Council.. like Japan, S Korea, the UK, Germany, etc??? It had an emergency meeting and it was resolved between SEVERAL countries what sanction would happen 8 countries.. the G8. That diplomatic tactics were tried and rejected by NK.. Japan was very vocal concerning it and mobilized interceptor missiles due to NKs actions? Japan's Defense Minister Naoki Tanaka came out and told NK you launch - we intercept. Japan told NK it would deploy destroyers with Aegis missiles.. they werent playing. But hey.. its only the US..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by olliemc84

The North Korean leaders are doing an injustice to their own people

Yes they are but does that mean they should be sanctioned and starved further by the actions of the US..

So lets keep allowing them to test missiles and nukes without any repercussions until the moment where they finally get it right and bomb South Korea or Japan. Is that what you would rather have?

They have China as close allies. Why don't we let them feed them. Why should America be responsible for feeding their bellies anyway???????

edit on 13-4-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Do some of you realize it WASNT just the US that made this decision? Seriously? It was the UN Security Council.. like Japan, S Korea, the UK, Germany, etc??? It had an emergency meeting and it was resolved between SEVERAL countries what sanction would happen 8 countries.. the G8. That diplomatic tactics were tried and rejected by NK.. Japan was very vocal concerning it and mobilized interceptor missiles due to NKs actions? Japan's Defense Minister Naoki Tanaka came out and told NK you launch - we intercept. Japan told NK it would deploy destroyers with Aegis missiles.. they werent playing. But hey.. its only the US..

It has become increasingly more popular to be an America hater on ATS rather than truly look at impacts of other governments actions.

But hey, we are the only bullies on the block. Everyone else are angels.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende
God I love reading american debate in the morning.

Especially when it's something that 99% of them know sweet **** all about.

Do the world a favour, go watch Idol, jersey shore or Ellen. The more of you that can stay away from intelligent discussion on other countries you know nothing about, the more the world can have a proper grown up conversation.

And if you don't mind me asking, who's side are you on?

Because isn't New Zealand in the range of a land based missile launched from North Korea?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by MissCoyote

You have a fair point. We could feed the world on a fraction of the money we spend on weaponry...

NK is only on the list because it does not have a central bank installed yet.. Just like Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq never.. Well they have now and only a few more countries to go....

What right has the US got to starve a nation because their leader fired a missile..

What right does North Korea have to take money given to them by the US/UN/UNESCO for FOOD and put it towards their failure of a rocket program???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join