It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States inhumane act of punishment toward NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I'm talking in general, not just North Korea. Obviously the US hasn't bombed them but they are throwing plenty of money at it which would be better spent at home.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
amongus raises a valid point. Also i find it amazing that people get upset that the USA plays world cop, yet at the same time they get upset if the USA does not make with aide in manners such as food or money. The USA has every right to withhold anything or everything it wants with or without reason. Then again maybe im just an A hole its hard saying.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

Love the Orion tat btw

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by MissCoyote

What guarantee do we have as it is that any food we send there the people will get. I do not mind helping people, but when we send aid and the government keeps it then we are not really the ones making the NK people go hungry now are we.

If I remember correctly, there have been cases in the past that the NK gov did withhold food aid from multiple countries that ended up rotting and being thrown out just because the NK gov was to stubborn to help their own people.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
I realize that the have nukes and im sorry im not a war hungry fearmongering person out for fresh bloodshed at every turn. I just dont understand which i am sorry i come across as clueless. I just dont understand why we can get over ourselves in the fact that we have THOUSANDS OF NUKES we have elite trained snipes why do we display a form of fear.

The United States having nukes doesn't bother me because we have perfected the technology (thus far) to store, maintain, decommission, and on rare occurrences (twice) actually use them.

North Korea has absolutely no right to be testing rockets and nuclear weapons. They cannot feed their country on their own. So why should we be forced to? Especially after asking them politely to please reconsider launching.

And I wouldn't imagine our government/military fears North Korea's nuclear capabilities, or even their rocket scientists, because they are obviously handicapped by something. But the form of fear may be for North Korea's neighbors and foreign political interests. It would be an ugly day if North Korea, who can hardly take care of themselves, launches a "test rocket" tipped with a crude nuclear warhead and completely suckerpunches Japan or South Korea or any other country that just may be in the flightpath of a poorly designed rocket.

Then who will be left to clean up the mess? Who would be the ones to have to go in and take out the NK regime?

The "world police". The same people who are the "world's grocery store".

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by strangedays

are you serious? With the US' current financial situation you want to go around throwing money at other countries?
What the US needs to do now is invest in their own country and stop throwing it out the window.

Giving money away is all fine and dandy IF YOU HAVE MONEY.

Unfortunately the US is broke, sad to admit there are plenty of hungry people in the US, no need to go feed mouths halfway across the planet

Its artificial scarcity dude. They got plenty to give.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Even more of a reason to turn around and look at ones own country.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy

Even more of a reason to turn around and look at ones own country.

This I completely agree with.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How is the united states the worlds grocery store??
just about everything is made everywhere BUT here
but i guess we made it
edit on 13-4-2012 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is going to perhaps create a debate but this isn't my intent.
The U.S. has always been the top "dog" in everything that happens in this world, they have NUKES just like North Korea but what makes N.K. super bad in peoples eyes? Their history? What about the U.S.A. history in terrorizing the world? It's own citizens?

Remember that "MISSILE" off the coast of California?, I'm pretty sure it was the U.S. behind it all, testing some of their own but they were quickly blaming someone else for it!

So, don't defend a country that has more wrongs than rights!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

We don't actually give them loaves of bread. We give them money to buy food. which they don't. They use it to buy more missile technology...they have even been caught, in the past selling food that was given to them.

Do you honestly think the people in power in N.Korea are going to use food or the aid for their own people.

There needs to be a complete cleaning of house in N.Korea. Until then, their people will continue to starve no matter what aid is given to them. jmoho

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I guess i am completely ignorant to believe that there is even a remote ray of hope that there's sunshine and rainbows on the other side of serious alienation remarks and we wonder why countries can't stand us. for once peace on this planet would really be nice considering the meer fact that we must share it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ya sorry OP but I gotta disagree as well. I see your point and it's a good one but North Korea knows the circumstances set in place. NK is like that kid of yours that just will not listen so you have to put them in a timeout. They should be thankful we provide food in the first place otherwise there would not be a NK.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh dear me NK fired a failure of a rocket. They decided the poison american food wasnt worth being a future target of the war hungry west. It's not our business. We dont own the world, we dont need to force one world government that will happen naturally without war. kudos to NK for not being pushovers and not letting the UN tell them what they can and cant do.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The world being in complete peace is severe wishful thinking.

That's not even partly due to the citizens but more so the doings of politicians. Ultimately THEY represent US, and not always in the best light might I add.

The same goes for countries like North Korea. I wouldn't be surprised if all the citizens wanted was to live in peace with everyone but their tyrannical government has other plans.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Ya sorry OP but I gotta disagree as well. I see your point and it's a good one but North Korea knows the circumstances set in place. NK is like that kid of yours that just will not listen so you have to put them in a timeout. They should be thankful we provide food in the first place otherwise there would not be a NK.

Really? Without food there wouldn't be a N.K.? You are so arrogant and a "patriot" to your country!

Just like the example you based your ideas from:
"If that same kid of yours didn't get food from his parents, where do you think they are going to go to get it?"
Is the U.S.A. the only country in this world to provide such help?

My God!!!

link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Oh dear me NK fired a failure of a rocket. They decided the poison american food wasnt worth being a future target of the war hungry west. It's not our business. We dont own the world, we dont need to force one world government that will happen naturally without war. kudos to NK for not being pushovers and not letting the UN tell them what they can and cant do.

And yet their people starve....because their govt sells the food aid to build a rocket made from legos. Kudos to nk? Jesus Christ....

link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
This is going to perhaps create a debate but this isn't my intent.
The U.S. has always been the top "dog" in everything that happens in this world, they have NUKES just like North Korea but what makes N.K. super bad in peoples eyes? Their history? What about the U.S.A. history in terrorizing the world? It's own citizens?

Remember that "MISSILE" off the coast of California?, I'm pretty sure it was the U.S. behind it all, testing some of their own but they were quickly blaming someone else for it!

So, don't defend a country that has more wrongs than rights!

You are "pretty sure"? That rocket could've been launched by a civilian or private company. Their are private space programs, you know.

And I am not defending the US. But the thread title says it all. United States INHUMANE act of punishment toward North Korean people.

Last I heard, it was inhumane to allow your very own people to go hungry.

Lets not forget about how much food could go to their people if the money wasted on rockets that dont work and nukes that may or may not go boom wasnt, well, wasted.

But of course. The problems with the entire world all fall on America's shoulders. Nobody else can EVER be held accountable for their own actions.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

So I suppose you have tape recordings, transaction records, photographic proof, etc etc. Cause our country is always so honest and doesnt have the technology to forge lies about other countries and dish the propaganda to its people; our country would never lie to us. Not saying its not true but I think only the big guys really know whats going on with other countries and the rest is probably so misconstrued its not funny

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Really? Without food there wouldn't be a N.K.? You are so arrogant and a "patriot" to your country!

Just like the example you based your ideas from:
"If that same kid of yours didn't get food from his parents, where do you think they are going to go to get it?"
Is the U.S.A. the only country in this world to provide such help?

My God!!!

Chill out bro...I wasn't being serious about the non existence food thing but they would face many hunger problems. Four in five of North Korean children suffer from malnutrition because food is poorly distributed. In March of last year, the World Food Program estimated that 6 million North Koreans needed food aid and a third of children were chronically malnourished or stunted. Daily potato rations have been cut by a third, to two for each person. AND this is with our AID.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

People starve in the US, Europe, African, Russia, etc etc. Yeah its #ty but it will be the poor who are sent to get blown up and have no chance of survival if we go over there. Where as they seem as a whole to have survived this long (I remember seeing videos of NK in the 90's starving). You would think everybody would be starved by now if its that bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join