It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN Meets on Looming WWIII

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

If cuba is a "long term enemy" of Russia why did the Russians attempt to put nukes in Cuba during the missile crisis? That doesnt sound like an enemy?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

What agendas (hidden or openly) has Iran forced upon other nations to contribute to the (non well) ill being of others of other nations?

Ask yourself, are you born with a view on Iran due to your country's indoctrination or is it really your own? What have they done to YOU. Personally?

Do you have to see pictures of the back of your head so you know it’s there or can you reasonable conclude its there based on other evidence? Put it together, man! Iran is run by Muslim extremists. I pity anyone who thinks we should turn a blind eye to nut-jobs whose faith directs them to kill us infidels.

Muhammad directed Muslims to wage war on other religions and bring them under submission to Islam. Within the first few decades following his death, his Arabian companions invaded and conquered Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and Zoroastrian lands.

Muslims continued their Jihad against other religions for 1400 years, checked only by the ability of non-Muslims to defend themselves. To this day, not a week goes by that Islamic fundamentalists do not attempt to kill Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists explicitly in the name of Allah. None of these other religions are at war with each other.

18,000 deadly terror attacks committed explicitly in the name of Islam in just the last ten years. (Other religions combined for perhaps a dozen or so).
link

Iran refuses to allow inspectors to verify their claims. Why is that if they have nothing to hide?

Let’s look at what they’ve been up to:

Refusal to allow inspectors on numerous occasions in violation of the NPT that THEY SIGNED AND AGREE TO.

Moving their so-called “civilian nuclear energy program” underground (name one other country with an underground nuclear energy facility
).

Enriching uranium beyond what’s necessary for energy production.

Testing long range missiles designed to carry a nuclear payload.

Testing nuclear detonation devices (why else would you do that if not to detonate a nuclear weapon?)

Making threats to annihilate other countries.

Fighting a proxy war against America and Israel for over 10 years.

Let’s face it, Iran is trying to usher in the 12th Imam by blowing the infidels to hell and it appears that there are a lot of people on this side of the pond that are fine with that. Sad really!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nuclear weapons will continue to be a messy can of worm while it is a 'national security' issue. It is the role of leaders to do what is best in the national interest and this includes defence policy, hence all the conflict. Iran has been losing a lot of nuclear scientist and facilities over the years, with many of these working on legitimate energy demands and not nuclear weapons. Iran would have to be retarded to continue such work in the open considering the geopolitical situation.

The only way this nuclear issue is going to be put to rest is when it becomes a 'global security' issue. Things are starting to move in this direction with START, but until all the regional issues can be resolved and a trust of national security established for all nations, these nuclear challenges will continue.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

all these problems are thousands away from us. remind me why we choose to make them ours again?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You are full of misguided hatred. Iran does not pose a threat. Even if the develop a nuclear bomb, they have no means of actually delivering one to America. THEY ARE NOT A THREAT TO US. But okay, lets send more of our sons and daughters to die there while more of our liberties are stripped from us under the guise of "fighting the war on terror." In case you haven't noticed, since 2001 our freedoms have dwindled and our government has become a brothel; the terrorists have already won because in our fear we have surrendered our liberties. Let's try fixing our own nation before we fixate on another one, shall we?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

You are full of misguided hatred. Iran does not pose a threat. Even if the develop a nuclear bomb, they have no means of actually delivering one to America. THEY ARE NOT A THREAT TO US.

Are you aware of Iran's recent activity in south America? Cuba? Venezuela? Are you familiar with the Cuban missile crisis? Ya, they could NEVER touch us nor do they want to...

But okay, lets send more of our sons and daughters to die there while more of our liberties are stripped from us under the guise of "fighting the war on terror."

Who said anything about sending troops??? I think the OP was merely pointing out what's going on in the world. 

edit on 13-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
and in iran, they are desperately trying to defend their nation from aggressor nations that lie to the face of the world in the u.n. and invade their neighbours, demolish their resources, dismantle their governments, destroy their infrastructure, syphon their oil and kill hundreds of thousands.

how are they trying to save themselves against an enemy that has proven time and time again that they respect nothing, will use devastating force, and who use pablo escobars theory of diplomacy "plata o plomo", "silver or lead" to accomplish it's "national interest":

the answer is nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
and in iran, they are desperately trying to defend their nation from aggressor nations that lie to the face of the world in the u.n. and invade their neighbours, demolish their resources, dismantle their governments, destroy their infrastructure, syphon their oil and kill hundreds of thousands.

how are they trying to save themselves against an enemy that has proven time and time again that they respect nothing, will use devastating force, and who use pablo escobars theory of diplomacy "plata o plomo", "silver or lead" to accomplish it's "national interest":

the answer is nuclear weapons.

So, that's your justification for Nukes? I find it quite funny at how the anti-Semites and liberals on this site go out of their way to defend Iran getting Nuclear Weapons when in their Ideal world they want world peace. Tell me, when have we used Nukes in recent memory?? WWII was the only time and WILL be the only time we use Nukes. If rouge nations like North Korea and Iran get Nukes or launch them accordingly, there is no telling what they will do. It's a very unstable situation and that's why powers are concerned. Why aren't you???

edit on 14-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Iran.... north korean.... syria.... nuclear weapons.... SPOOKY LANGUAGE....

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

TextApril 13, 2012 – IRAN – The Islamic Republic Army of Iran and the Revolutionary Guards are to conduct joint military exercises in the southwest or southeast of the country, a senior Iranian army commander said on Wednesday. Brig.-Gen. Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan, commander of the Iranian ground forces

Source: Extinction Protocol (I'm having probs getting back into the site.
edit on 14-4-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

no, i'm just trying to show you the other side. that is what is happening to iranians all around them. that is reality to what they are witnessing.

but self preservation, preventing loss of life and self-determination are justification for nuclear weapons.

is anything i posted a lie. no. it's a point of view.

and all because the iranians had the gall to overthrow an american puppet dictator.

for that horrendous act they have to put up with the wrath of the united states. including fending off an american backed and armed dictator for ten years, saddam hussein, at the cost of thousands of lives.

edit on 14-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Why is it that I see numerous people constantly going on about how the UN is irrelevant, how it is a giant conspiracy, how it should be disbanded, and the same people quoting UN security council resolutions when it supports their argument. If the UN is not binding on the US, why should it be binding on any other nation?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
I'm sick of people saying Iran are building a nuclear weapon and that it is a threat to USA.

I mean, say they managed to make 5 of them- the USA has how many thousand?

Would they really use it? If they had a nuke and used it- firstly it would be shot out of the air, and secondly Iran would then be wiped off the planet by America.

Iran has the right to nuclear energy like any country- they are wasting their oil on domestic use, within 75 years or less they will run out, they are one of the biggest consumers of oil in the world, this isn't make up, they may well need to really on another energy source.

And their economy suffers because the US poses ever tightening sanctions on them. So if they want nuclear energy, why can't they have it like Israel?

Why does America, on the other side of the planet have any right to declare who has nuclear energy or not, aren't they supposed to be disarming their own unbelievably large stock pile of nuclear weapons?

Because they are not using it for energy purposes. Where are these nuclear powers plants that they claim to be making? Where are all the applications they are using Nuclear Power on? Actually their economy may be crippling but Iran is more powerful than ever because they get direct control on their oil thanks to the sanctions. I am sick of people who endlessly defend Iran and do not understand the circumstances of what they are talking about and continue to blame America for all of the world's problems.

Iran is more powerful than ever?

Where do you get this from?

They can't trade, their economy is being crippled by US sanctions, they can't even produce their own oil effectively- it is in decline because they don't have the up to date equipment to keep up with demand.

The funniest thing of all, let me say, is that America was funding Iran's Nuclear energy before the 1979 revolution! I'm not even making it up! Seriously, i'm not.

It wasn't until Iran took her oil back ONCE AGAIN (remember the first coup and Western take over from 1953 only survived till 1979) that the sanctions and Iran is a huge threat BS started to spew from the propaganda machines!

Iran has always been a pain in the ass for the West simply because they won't hand over their resources- they had it in the early 1900's when the Brits took 85% of profits for the oil (sweet deal), the Iranians took it back by nationalising it, but then the Americans took it back in 1953 till 1979, and Iran has been bullied and falsely perceived in the media ever since- they tried the Iran-Iraq War (you know when Saddam Hussein was our ally and we gave him chemical weapons to use against Iran). You've only got to research it and open your mind just a snudge and the true reality is heartbreaking.

They will not stop until the have regime change and a puppet in place.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Great post, agree 100%.

Some people just can't open their minds to the truth, it may well be a defense mechanism, to admit the truth would be too much for some people.

When we top up the petrol in our cars, we are funding murder. We may not like that but it's the sad the reality of the world- our freedoms in the West are born from the exploitation and murder of those countries we target for resources. It isn't new, its been going on since mankind began.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There is plenty for everyone on this planet, the real geniuses get marginalized and their work taken and patented to prevent actual progress. Or in light of that using unpatentable methods, they never get funded. First thing that could be done, Vertical Farming, 2nd thing that could be done, mass irrigation, and water reclamation, not too mention using Heat from the earths mantle to boil seawater into potable water. Plenty of uses for the steam too.

For every dollar spent on weapons, they could have been spent on raising up the impoverished.

The only thing preventing world stability is greed, and forgiving slights.

The illusion of scarcity, will always exist in a society focused on greed. And in sales "Act now supplies are limited" forces an action.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

The OP said,

"haha horrible excuse! WWII would have gone on much much longer and much more deadlier if we didn't drop the bomb. People STILL would have died!"

That is a sick excuse. The bombs were not dropped on a Navel battle fleet, or an Air Force Base. Nor was it dropped on the countries leaders. It was not dropped on an Army, nor was it dropped on a huge industrial area.

The two bombs were dropped on two cities with very little military and whose population were largely made up of Mums, children and the elderly. Such a disgusting and deplorable act.

Get some morals please.

P

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

No matter how you sugar coat what you are saying it basically amounts to this:

The USA can take steps to defend itself from foreign aggression. Enemies of the USA cannot. If they do, they must suffer the wrath of the USA.

1) The building of bomb shelters and facilities thousands of feet underground.....America did that during the cold war. Are you saying that Iranians cannot have underground bases and shelters but Americans can? Illogical.

2) are massing an Islamic regime/military of underestimated power.....standard operating procedure for a national army. Every army amasses troops, provides training, acquires weaponry, ETC. Not only do you want enemies of the USA without infrastructure you want them defenseless as well. Illogical.

3) Obama's sanctions has only made Iran more powerful with their oil issues.....I guess obama should not have provoked them huh?

4) They have been choosing its business partners and allies quite questionably......The USA has been doing this since the great depression. Where is your outcry against questionable american alliances?

5) They are aligned with places such as Cuba, which has been a long time enemy of the US and Russia, which are quietly funding their military program and are building armies as well..........This one is easy. Of course they are making an alliance with a nation that has suffered a decades long embargo for the horrible crime of nationalizing their resources(IE taking control away from USA). USA also funds its satellite allies. Why are you surprised that Russia does as well?

6) Let's not forget the mocking Iran did to us by sending Obama a model toy drone in a box. Very poor strategy Mr. President. That was not an act of war?...............HAHA. I suppose when a nation invades a different nations sovereign airspace with drones one can expect a comic incident every once in a while.

With those politicians you listed....it is no wonder that we are in such a dire predicament. Too many USA politicians have a GOD complex. It's a shame we can't treat with these nations with honesty and integrity. It goes along way.

P.S.

I loved this little gem of yours.

And somehow I don't trust them.

Here is some news. They don't trust you either. I am not surprised at all of these turn of events. It is to be expected when your country scorns diplomacy for the straight forward method of hostile takeover. It is bound to create enemies. What I can't seem to grasp is how people in the states consider these things hostile actions when they are in fact reactions to hostility.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Warmongering again?! Ol' vampire McCain, is that you?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Soooooo

Let me get this straight...

You are asking us to trust the judgement of the very people who... by peace... Have destroyed many of its own citizens via economic collapse? Taxed to death? Lied to constantly? Who protect corporations that are destroying everything from our water to our food chain? Who has sent us to war in the last 10 years based on LIES???

That is just the tip of the iceberg!!

If I was Iran I too would be building nukes.. It seems to be the only protection available against the NWO psychos in charge who enslaved our nations in the west and kill us daily... You want us to trust the word of these satanic, vile murderers???

Iran is not playing ball with the NWO creeps.. Look what happened to Gaddafi? And to the rest who dare to stick their fingers up to the NWO and their scum sucking agenda...
edit on 14-4-2012 by JaneC because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Double

edit on 14-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join