It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in the UK, And another 2 in Japan and Mexico..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
i did a search but didn't see anything...

i've been watching this on and off for a year... i've never seen so much activity... but today i saw my first UK earthquake...

and also another two in japan and mexico... hope they're safe...

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
wonder how noticeable that Sicily 3.1 was

Japan is on such a daily roll of multiple 6's, it must be like being on a wobbly boat everyday now.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I have to say it's a pretty funny coincidence that after yesterday and the sonic boom in the UK - with a lot of people suggesting it was a quake - we actually get a little shake today

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
1.5 in Yorkshire is nowt to worry about.
Probably a stampede of pigs or something.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Portugal/Gibraltar 3.1 (minutes ago!)
Sicily 3.1

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

I am thinking old mine shaft collapse. Happens every now and again where i am and we have a reported "earthquake". First one i ever felt was about 1 mile from old house (Selby Coalfield). There was a bang and the house shook. I thought, great, i have experienced an earthquake and then found it was mag 2 or something equally pathetic. Talk about a disappointed adolescent!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

pig no it was sheep they ran past my house lol

i live in Leeds i did not feel a thing. saying that the last one we had my girlfriend felt it but i was snoring away

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

More than likely, we get our fair share of shaft collapses here too.
Most awesome one was when I was still in high school. We were in science at top block. Company was blasting at an opencast mine a mile away but it must have collapsed a few old shafts surrounding it. The whole building whipped from side to side. Much fun on those high stools we used to have. Kids sliding everywhere.

Old git teacher who's nickname was the Dungeon Master, on account of him being tiny, old and bald, refused to let us leave the building.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The quake in Sicily of this morning was a 4.7 one, enough to let city authorities of Palermo to close schools.

USGS

Despite what respectable ATS members say, an increase in earthquake activity seems evident. Few minutes ago I was reading an article from USGS about the increase of the number of 3+ quakes in central USA, authorities are trying to understand if this increase is due to man-made operations (fracking) or to natural reasons.

USG S quake increase USA

USGS scientists have been investigating the recent increase in the number of magnitude 3 and greater earthquakes in the midcontinent of the United States. Beginning in 2001, the average number of earthquakes occurring per year of magnitude 3 or greater increased significantly, culminating in a six-fold increase in 2011 over 20th century levels.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hey,

I'm in Yorkshire UK, but felt no quake.

More likely to be shhep than pigs round my way.

CC

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I have to say it's a pretty funny coincidence that after yesterday and the sonic boom in the UK - with a lot of people suggesting it was a quake - we actually get a little shake today

I wondered about that too, I heard two booms here yesterday, they were deep but not heavy, and both rose and fell in volume, as if in a reverb chamber.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
i did a search but didn't see anything...

i've been watching this on and off for a year... i've never seen so much activity... but today i saw my first UK earthquake...

and also another two in japan and mexico... hope they're safe...

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

You'll see a lot more UK eq's here...we've been having our own eritable little swarm up in Argylle and Butte, right on the Great Glenn Fault so Puterman informs me!

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

Tainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

join