It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laws, what are laws?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I strongly believe that deterrents work for certain crimes. They do not stop all crime or stupid decisions and there WILL be people who ignore them regardless. But for the majority of the population, they are effective. While I could provide statistics to back up this assertion (I'm sure you could do the same), I believe that life experience is a more reliable indicator.

I agree that many variables are at play here.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If deterrents actually work, why is there crime? Why are there criminals?

Tell me oh impotent, sorry important ones, since murder is one of the oldest laws on the books, why has that not been eradicated?

Life, Liberty and Property. We have the RIGHT to Life, we have the RIGHT to defend ourselves. Think and regurgitate your leftist indoctrinated garbage so I can slew it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LIGHTvsDARK
If deterrents actually work, why is there crime? Why are there criminals?

That's like saying well if there are seatbelts why are there still car accidents? If there are life jackets why do people still drown at sea? In your warped view these things should not be compulsory because people still die from wearing them.

Deterrents help decrease the number of crimes that take place, they do not prevent crime or criminals from taking part in undesirable behaviour.

Tell me oh impotent, sorry important ones, since murder is one of the oldest laws on the books, why has that not been eradicated?

Because laws are not able to eradicate crime. They act as a deterrent for the majority of the population. How many times will I have to repeat this so that it gets through to you?

Life, Liberty and Property. We have the RIGHT to Life, we have the RIGHT to defend ourselves. Think and regurgitate your leftist indoctrinated garbage so I can slew it.

You are so lost and ignorant, it's actually amusing.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join