It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you smarter than an athiest? Cuz man they are smart.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
My score...

Didn't know the answer to question 29 about the "great awakening", which pertains to an American event.

BTW, that was the worst design for a quiz I've ever seen... Watching the page reload over and over, till the end was annoying.

edit on 13-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Quiz results

26 Correct
6 Wrong

I guessed at the "Is the wine/bread symbolic or actually become the blood/body of Christ, and I got it wrong. I'm not too knowledgeable on Catholicism.

Didn't know who Maimonides was.

I'm not an atheist. I don't believe in the Christian God, but I do believe in a creator.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

I missed one, the Nirvana question. But one of their answers was inaccurate. The one about the first book in the Bible. Genesis appears as our first book, but Job was the first written book/oldest.

The questions were simple. Terrible aptitude test IMHO.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

BTW, that was the worst design for a quiz I've ever seen... Watching the page reload over and over, till the end was annoying.

Yes it was, I had to fight the urge to just quit out of extreme boredom. They only wanted us to refresh to see their ads constantly.

I feel like a dirty whore right now, where's my lipstick and mirror?

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You answered 30 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 94%.

Guess i beat all of the afore mentioned and i'm a protestant. Guess that whole deal about protestants only getting about 50% correct is a bit off. Then again i read everything, from Greek mythologies, Hindu mythologies, Quran mythologies, some light reading on Buddism, Zorastrianism. I'm a bookworm, can't help it.

Yeah, that must be total propaganda, youth group kids could get 28 right out of 32, those questions were ridiculously easy and one was wrong completely.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Generally, people that look at the world logically and from a scientific perspective will be Atheist or possibly Agnostic, these are the "smarter" people. This is because religion doesn't make sense logically or scientifically speaking. That's why, in my opinion, Atheists and Agnostic people will come across as more intelligent.

(I'm not suggesting that any religion is wrong)

Fail. I'm a science and math NERD with an IQ above 150.

I'm a Christian, read Michael Behe's works. It's impossible to believe Evolution when you put his book down.

Impossible.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I got 27, I guess I'm considered an atheist as I don't believe in any of the major religions depictions of "god"

It would have been 28 but I crazy clicked one of the questions, I believe it was the "job" question.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I got 27, I guess I'm considered an atheist as I don't believe in any of the major religions depictions of "god"

It would have been 28 but I crazy clicked one of the questions, I believe it was the "job" question.

I think that one is wrong too. I think Jesus is the ultimate figure of faithfulness to God in the midst of suffering. Job had an attitude and needed to be corrected by God in the book of Job. Jesus never did and suffered a lot more than Job ever did.

But anyways.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I got 32/32 but the great awakening question was a guess.

I will say at this point though i am well studied in religion but only because i do not believe in god.

That statement maty seem strange to many of you but nearly everybody i know believes in a god of some form or another and i was being questioned as to why i did not believe and found that i had no logical basis just a feeling and sadly my feelings do not win arguments where religion is involved so i studied and continue to do so as one can never have to much info and i now have a a solid knowledge base to enter into such arguments if other atheists have applied a similar method to draw their own conclusions then logic dictates that said people would have a scientific mind therefore higher intelligence would be a natural evolution of that.

I hope that makes sense not sure i have the necessary linguistic skills to get across what i am trying to say so please dont hesitate if you have any questions lol.

I leave you in the love and light of the creator....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You answered 27 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 84%.

I got hung up on the public school questions, and missed the reformation question,

Oh well, I gotta B, not bad

This is cool, thx for posting

EDIT: DarkKnight, me and you both scored 27! I think anyone who scored 27 is really awesome! Even the atheists who scored 27! Go 27 club!
edit on 4/13/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I got 26 out of 32.

Full disclosure: everything I learned about Mormonism I learned from a South Park episode.

Matt, Trey, you guys rule!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I got 29 correct and I belong nor will I buy into any of these religions. But then I am not an atheist so parts of all these religions are fine with me, just not all and much is BS. Actually, the part about the blood of Christ I got correct but then changed my mind in favor of the lessor or symbolic part, couldn't believe they actually were so primitive as to believe they were eating the flesh and drinking blood, how barbaric.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You should get at least ten questions right just from having watched South Park.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I like how the average amongst us ATS'ers is probably 28 or 29 correct, and the average with most americans is less than 20.

ATS - where smart people hangout on the internet. (spiritual/religious and non religious/spiritual people alike)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

25 right, which, i have to admit, totally surprised me!

Could actually have got a couple more but i hit the wrong answer by mistake (ie reading Indonesia as Thailand for some bizarre reason). I am very surprised by this though to be honest as i have always considered myself to have a very basic religious knowledge.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I mean how smart do you need to be to understand that is there is no god, and religion is simply a control construct, whose entire agenda is based on division and enslavement. A cynical tool based on our inherant fear of death. We are not feeble minded, we are free thinking individuals and the majority of us have cast off this deviant dogma.

Shamon.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
26 out of 32. The Supreme Court ruling questions were the toughest for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You answered 25 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 78%. I'm agnostic by the way. Was raised christian.
edit on 13-4-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
29 correct out of the 32. I didn't think the Catholics thought the bread and wine LITERALLY became the body of Christ. That seemed a little absurd. Oh well, that was a fun.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I got 28 out of 32 right.

I got one wrong on greek gods, 2 wrong on questions about judaism and one wrong about the protestant awakening.

I'm a Catlick BTW.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join