It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mali swears in new president, restores civilian rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
African Darth Sidious sworn in as new President of Mali

Bamako, Mali (CNN) -- Mali's new interim president vowed that he would not let the country be split by rebels as he was sworn in Thursday, restoring the country to civilian rule after a brief military coup.
Dioncounda Traore, the former, speaker of the parliament, took the oath of office in the capital, Bamako, four days after President Amadou Toumani Toure handed in his letter of resignation to West African mediators.

Star Wars has completely ruined me. Every time a Legislator becomes President, I naturally assume that he is a Sith Lord.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The sexiest part of the video below is after the sounds of those boots marching begins...

give it a listen and disagree.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ive never in this life lived in west africa. but to have a presider is a good thing if they have to do business with other people who expect a president at the negotiating table.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Ausar because: (no reason given)

after reading the cnn article i see what u did with the sith association. when i think of mali i think of songhai and wonder how gentrification will play a part in the newly elected presidents remarks; regarding the native peoples of mali pertaining to the present religious and cultural differences the people in west africa have.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Ausar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

the sith comparison was just to keep it light.

nevertheless...he's going to either set the stage for an inevitable military intervention in the north or carry it out himself.

the rest of the forum will look to the stars for alien invasions...but the real action is happening in Africa right now.

top topics

join