It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's rocket launch failed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I just saw the breaking news from CNN and NHK saying that North Korea's long-range rocket fell into the sea about a minute after launch according to Japan's Defense Minister Naoki Tanaka.

CNN
edit on 12-4-2012 by wavemaker because: changed the CNN link

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's gotta suck when you spend 3 years developing something only to see it fail...again

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Do a search, because if you think it's breaking news to ATS, think again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA, I just saw this on the news and had to hop on ATS!

This is just too epic. Are we to honestly now take any threat serious from N. Korea as to possible attacks, especially any that is in regards to the use of 'advanced' technology.

Also, this calls into question the relationship between China and N.Korea. For if they were truly buddy-buddy, you would think they would have some shared technology. There's no way a technologically advanced Chinese military would be involved with this, for China obviously holds the technology to launch a weather satellite.

This is truly self imposed slap in the face to N.Korea and any attempts that they may have in joining the technologically advanced world.

One word to sum up all of this, in regards to N.Korea and Technology...

Pathetic!

Give me 3 weeks, and the internet in America and I can 100% make claim that I could design a more successful means of launching a satellite into space!

hahahahahahaha!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Oh cmon, give it a break...

yes we all know there is a search function, but cmon now, we're talking a difference of 25 Minutes

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

HAHAHAHAHA, I just saw this on the news and had to hop on ATS!

This is just too epic. Are we to honestly now take any threat serious from N. Korea as to possible attacks, especially any that is in regards to the use of 'advanced' technology.

Also, this calls into question the relationship between China and N.Korea. For if they were truly buddy-buddy, you would think they would have some shared technology. There's no way a technologically advanced Chinese military would be involved with this, for China obviously holds the technology to launch a weather satellite.

This is truly self imposed slap in the face to N.Korea and any attempts that they may have in joining the technologically advanced world.

One word to sum up all of this, in regards to N.Korea and Technology...

Pathetic!

Give me 3 weeks, and the internet in America and I can 100% make claim that I could design a more successful means of launching a satellite into space!

hahahahahahaha!
I saw a lot of rockets blow up off the coast of Cape Canaveral/Kennedy during the 1960s, 70, some in the 80s including a shuttle and the other shuttle broke up on reentry not so long ago.
That is from argueably the most technologically advanced country in the world.
Give them time before chest thumping and chanting USA! USA!.
edit on 12-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: forgot to type!

edit on 12-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: little somethin'

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Give them time! omg....

The time has already passed, and the technology behind simply being able to from A(Earth) to B(Space) is not even close to as difficult as some make it out to be.

I'm telling ya, if those 'scientists' over in N.Korea came over to America, even hopped on some 56k Dial-up internet, and spent 3 weeks doing research, they undoubtedly would have gathered enough information to make a successful launch.

It's just like when 'Sheldon' on the T.V. show 'Big Bang Theory' scoffs at the notion of him being a 'Rocket Scientist'.... this is NOT the 60's, 70's, or 80's...

Either way you cut it, this was a pathetic attempt...

I want to see them try and put every one of their leaders into space, that would be the greatest failure in the history of science!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
that was their dummy they will launch another away from the world eye imo. Or sabotage maybe?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
They really should have thought twice about buying an ACME rocket on the blackmarket from a disgruntled coyote...at the very least they should have thought twice about trying to show off...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

25 minutes from which thread? 25 minutes from the 3rd thread created about this? Either way, DO A SEARCH.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The real crime is that the people of North Korea are starving, and their government wastes millions on a meaningless program. It is meaningless, because any attempt by them to attack the US or one of its allies would mean their instant annihilation.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for the post. I don't always see an earlier post or it gets knocked off the new post section.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
Give them time! omg....

The time has already passed, and the technology behind simply being able to from A(Earth) to B(Space) is not even close to as difficult as some make it out to be.

I'm telling ya, if those 'scientists' over in N.Korea came over to America, even hopped on some 56k Dial-up internet, and spent 3 weeks doing research, they undoubtedly would have gathered enough information to make a successful launch.

It's just like when 'Sheldon' on the T.V. show 'Big Bang Theory' scoffs at the notion of him being a 'Rocket Scientist'.... this is NOT the 60's, 70's, or 80's...

Either way you cut it, this was a pathetic attempt...

I want to see them try and put every one of their leaders into space, that would be the greatest failure in the history of science!
Yes I said give them time,
It wasnt that long ago they where being poopooed for there attempts at building a nuke. Now look........
This is an isolated and technologically deprived nation and they pulled off a nuke.
Undersestimating and making fun of a potential enemy or threat might be comforting to some people but, it is not awise move.
GIVE THEM TIME.
or keep up the delusion

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
posted earlier here
and here

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join