It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the hate, humans!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Gnostic comes from the root Koine Greek word "gnosis', meaning "to know". But it's an intimate knowledge. Mary uses a dirivitive of word when she said "But I have not known (ginōskō) a man" and Jesus says this when He said "I never knew (ginōskō) you" in Matthew 7.

It's an intimate knowledge. Taking that to Agnostics, they are claiming they don't know for sure, intimately, that God exists or doesn't exist. It's a refusal to take either the negative or the positive position.

Atheist: "I know there is no God, therefore He cannot be known by me or anyone else."
Agnostic: "I don't know if there be a God or if I can ever know Him intimately if there is."
Theist: "I know God exists, and I know Him intimately."

Wisdom is the Greek word "sophia".

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

HAHA. You can start it, I'll help. You go for the stars and flags, I've got plenty in my old age here:

MINE: RIFJ

Raving Idiot For Jesus

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Heh, God bless you too.

Snoop doggy dogg

Are...are you proposing, bro?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

HAHA. You can start it, I'll help. You go for the stars and flags, I've got plenty in my old age here:
MINE: RIFJ Raving Idiot For Jesus

*drumming fingers on table* But...but, you haven't posted your answer in the thread...it was started yesterday afternoon....

and, btw, I did not start if for flags and stars....
I started it because it sounded like fun, another member encouraged me, and I've found that there are plenty of people who wanted to 'play'....
The MAIN REASON was to add a little HUMOR to this forum...Uggghh...it gets SO HEAVY sometimes, and depressing.
We can all get along...if we just l i g h t e n up!!!!

The vibes get really really negative sometimes (well...daily....)...
was hoping to get folks to see the absurdity of all the bickering.
But, whatever....!!

I like your slogan!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Supporting Israel doesn't mean we approve of everything they do, that's for God to judge them for, not us.
You are using a double standard.
You should judge when it comes to criminals, whether to be an accessory or not. By supporting them you share in their guilt, and so have blood on your hands and will have to face judgment before God, whether you believe in judgment or not.
Opps, you have a double standard for that too, that's right, so the two things go right along together: no judgment for you, and no being judgmental for anyone calling themselves Israel.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by jmdewey60

I am not affiliiated with specific church or denomination,

i am not religious, and I am involved in no cult,

I have never killed another human being in my life, and I would never endorse killing or harming even another human,

Your condemning me as a follower of a death cult,

when I am no follower of any cult or organization,
and I am against death in every way,

I forgive you though, as does God Almighty,

God bless you

With Love

You know something? You sound a lot like another member in here.....are you running two accounts?
link
I am not making a direct accusation here, but this post I am replying to seems ominously familiar.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You sound a lot like another member in here.....are you running two accounts?

I think Iason is distinctly different from that 'another member'.......
I may be mistaken. But no, I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Like I said, I am not certain, but certain words, certain ways of sentence structure, and story lines in posts. Maybe the same MK-Ultra handler?

I do wish some of the hate would die down in here. I for one would love to have a good, hearty debate on all religious aspects and beliefs, but that seems to be a virtual impossibility. I would also like to see such a debate on alien life, but even those threads break down in fighting and innuendos from the religious crowd. I sometimes wonder if they ever talk about anything else?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Supporting Israel doesn't mean we approve of everything they do, that's for God to judge them for, not us.
You are using a double standard.
You should judge when it comes to criminals, whether to be an accessory or not. By supporting them you share in their guilt, and so have blood on your hands and will have to face judgment before God, whether you believe in judgment or not.
Opps, you have a double standard for that too, that's right, so the two things go right along together: no judgment for you, and no being judgmental for anyone calling themselves Israel.

No my prayer for Israel is for their protection from their enemies, and that they will come to see their Messiah the Lord Jesus Christ as we do.

And even if they are your enemies, the Lord told you to bless them.

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No my prayer for Israel is for their protection from their enemies, and that they will come to see their Messiah the Lord Jesus Christ as we do.
Like I said, a double standard.
Do you pray for the protection of the Palestinians from the Israelis?
Do you pray for the Palestinians to have their statehood recognized and that all their land is given back?
Do you pray that the Israeli leaders are brought to justice and are hung for crimes against humanity?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Do you pray for the Palestinians to have their statehood recognized and that all their land is given back?

Dear God no. I don't want to be on that team when the sheep and goats judgement comes:

"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will enter into judgment with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and have divided up my land."

That day is coming soon jm, you can glory when it does, I will weep for the coming judgment.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

*Ahem*

And even if they are your enemies, the Lord told you to bless them.

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you;" ~ Jesus

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I bless haters and evildoers with a knuckle sandwich

I was born an American...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

*drumming fingers on table* But...but, you haven't posted your answer in the thread...it was started yesterday afternoon...

Ahhh, didn't know. Usually my friends, (not saying you aren't), will send me a "heads-up" u2u message when they want me to participate. It's hard enough work spending time on my recent posts thread keeping up with like 40 threads I'm already participating in.

I hardly never go to the forum page. When I "X" out a thread (wipe the dust from my feet on it) I never return to it.

Let me check for it, sorry, in the future send me a little u2u with a link, if not I'll most likely never see it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

I bless haters and evildoers with a knuckle sandwich

I was born an American...

I was a young man too one time in my day, I can relate. Sometimes the spirit of murder comes over me for the idiotic things folks say on a regular basis and tries to tempt me. I just have to rebuke him in the name of the Lord and he leaves.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I am not affiliiated with specific church or denomination,

i am not religious, and I am involved in no cult,

I have never killed another human being in my life, and I would never endorse killing or harming even another human,

Your condemning me as a follower of a death cult,

when I am no follower of any cult or organization,
and I am against death in every way,

I forgive you though, as does God Almighty,

God bless you

With Love

You know something? You sound a lot like another member in here.....are you running two accounts?
link
I am not making a direct accusation here, but this post I am replying to seems ominously familiar.

LOL!!!

Dear God no. Ask that other member if he believes in "sola fide' and see what sort of response you get.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join