It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the hate, humans!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thanks for the two 'credits'...
check out the song I embedded when I responded to Clone.....above...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
and here's another....to reflect the depths that we all endure...

The entire album "Afterglow" is one that got me through some really, really hard times...
highly recommended. Not as upbeat as the recovery ones above....
and, here's just one more.....one of my all-time-faves
forgive me for derailing your thread into music vids, Iason....
these tunes seem to speak more of myself than I can type out...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm having a hard time remembering if you've ever transgressed on me in any way shape or form, but you are forgiven nonetheless, and thank you for forgiving me,

My gift is that of prophet, so it's not a matter of "if" but "when". lol Let's just get the first apology out of the way preemptively brother.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Being agnostic I kinda feel like I'm NOT loved or allowed here... I don't believe in the concept of God as someONE who is gonna save me. Actually, I really wish people would get over being self righteous about "God" and "Jesus" saving everyone.

Try this: God will NOT do for you what you are not willing to do for yourself. Spread that word. Please. Help people understand that in order for their "God" to help them, they must first help themselves. They must first FORGIVE themselves and quit trying to convert others out of their own guilt. God won't forgive YOU until YOU FORGIVE YOURSELF.

You're an Agnostic Anti-Theist. That's the most accurate definition based upon what you just said.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

NuT, why is it you feel the need to find the "appropriate label" for people??
We are all just who we are. There are no "categorizations" required!!

Some choose to name their faiths or give an abstract term to their faith or stance or beliefs; others have no need to be so "pinpointed."

We are all HUMAN. That's it.

Unique in many ways, identical in others.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

They must first FORGIVE themselves and quit trying to convert others out of their own guilt. God won't forgive YOU until YOU FORGIVE YOURSELF.

Hear, hear!

Mornin', Iason

Nice thread, s/f from me, too.

Bygones....but I want to add a thought to the quote above by ...erm...I prefer not to call him/her by that name...
anyhoo...

In a recent thread asking for people's personal 'revelation' or 'conversion' stories, combined with currently nearing the end of the book I've been pimping recently (Wm James), and my professional experience and education and PERSONAL journey....
it seems the basic pattern is this:

People generally have these 'come-to-Jesus' (to use the well-known slang term) moments when they are faced with a major crisis.

*Near death (such as your own story, as well as those who have crossed over and then come back)

*Overwhelming self-judgment and remorse and a desperate need to find forgiveness outside of themselves, not trusting that other humans can actually forgive them, (they know who they are)

*Jail or criminal conviction (happens a lot)

*Death of a loved one (the latest episode in my own lengthy journey)

*Feeling/knowing they have been contacted by an ethereal source (another part of my journey)

*Terror of the idea of mortality

*Terror of the 'hell' they are told is waiting for them

*Failure to find passion within about dogma provided from without by other men

*Perfection not realized....

Everyone has their own life and journey. We all want hope. We all need acceptance and validation. If it is lacking in our mundane lives/relationships, we continue to look for it in the ethereal and mysterious (miraculous if you like).

It is a personal moment...I have had several. The folks who talk about being embraced while praying and suffering...I have had that happen to me, very recently...while mourning my father's death...an intolerable pain, like waves of glass shards at tsunami strength...and then looking to skyward, seeing leaves and sunshine, and hearing birds, feeling the arms of someone or some force unseen but unmistakenly experienced as real....

but everyone has to get to that point on their own. In my opinion.
The best we can do is reassure one another that we are valid, that we do matter, and make a difference, and that we are not utter failures in every way, and that our humanity does not condemn us. It is our teacher, our classroom, our helper.

Everything you said can be summed up with two things;

1. Conviction of the Holy Spirit coupled with;
2. Revelation of Jesus Christ.

That's how all people have come to Christ throughout the history of mankind dear. Circumstantial evidences probably number in the millions, not merely the few you mentioned. But they all revert back to the two I mentioned above.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

NuT, why is it you feel the need to find the "appropriate label" for people??
We are all just who we are. There are no "categorizations" required!!

Some choose to name their faiths or give an abstract term to their faith or stance or beliefs; others have no need to be so "pinpointed."

We are all HUMAN. That's it.

Unique in many ways, identical in others.

Wild, why do you feel the need to label me as someone who feels the appropriate need to label someone?

Based on what I say perhaps?

An agnostic is someone who is uncommitted to either the negative or the positive position. An anti-theist is someone who is against theists.

Both are accurate terms based upon the person's own comments. An anti-theist can have their own god. (EX: Luciferianists), and an Agnostic can not care what other people believe and not preach against them.

The member displays both attributes by their post. Agnosticism, and Anti-Theism. Is it not accurate? It's not forthright to claim one and pretend to not be the other in the same breath of speech.

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Wild, why do you feel the need to label me as someone who feels the appropriate need to label someone?

Based on what I say perhaps?

LOL
touche....!

Yeah...well...it's my nosy nature to ask "why?" about everybody's beliefs...when my daughter was 2-3 years old, nearly everything that came out of her sweet mouth was "why do you?"...seemingly ad infinitum....

guess I know where she got it

And....AND...I predict she will NEVER outgrow it!!

EDIT:
NuT! We should co-host a new thread:
"Label your spirituality using commonly known terms in four words."

I'll go first: Nosy Opinionated Spiritual Seeker

edit on 13-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Everything you said can be summed up with two things;

1. Conviction of the Holy Spirit coupled with;
2. Revelation of Jesus Christ.

That's how all people have come to Christ throughout the history of mankind dear. Circumstantial evidences probably number in the millions, not merely the few you mentioned. But they all revert back to the two I mentioned above

Respectfully, bud:
meh.

I think it's also a way that people heal themselves of the pain of living as a human...a good therapist can get the same effect without bringing God into it at all...
it can be simply where one has chosen to go for comfort and understanding in times of crisis;
or, born of despair and helplessness.

Like I said, and will say again, I've had more than one occasion where I've heard the small, still, voice, felt the presence of angels, an embrace from an ethereal power, and a few other things....

but hey, whatever works. Get the boat floating, that's the bottom line mission....

edit on 13-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Swills

This brings up the topic of forgiveness and compassion,

can you forgive me for my transgressions?

can you love me as I love you?

or will you turn your back on love, and embrace hate?

Lol you love him, really? Hypocrisy at its finest. Get over yourself.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Heh, God bless you too.

Snoop doggy dogg

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I am not affiliiated with specific church or denomination,

i am not religious, and I am involved in no cult,

I have never killed another human being in my life, and I would never endorse killing or harming even another human,

Your condemning me as a follower of a death cult,

when I am no follower of any cult or organization,
and I am against death in every way,

I forgive you though, as does God Almighty,

God bless you

With Love

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Your condemning me as a follower of a death cult,

I wasn't naming names.
Your thread is about name calling.
I use the word, cult, regularly.
At least one person here takes that as name calling.
I think, too bad, stop promoting a cult if you don't like being called a cult member.
The cult is a belief set which is transmitted as a philosophy and knows no boundaries such as a church or a denomination, but is designed to be brought into every gathering by infiltrators who are the cult members who as part of their belief, think that they will be given awards by Jesus at a special ceremony in heaven, which is apparently based on how many people they can get to follow their cult.
This explains how this sub-forum is overrun by members of this cult, because they see it as a way to rack up points so they can strut their stuff in heaven by wearing more crowns than the next guy who is merely "saved" and not a real "prophet".
edit on 13-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Wow dude,that's sure a twisted way to look at things....

I'll pray for you,

and hope you see we are not trying to gain "crowns in heaven",

we are trying to spread the Gospel of Love, Peace, Devotion, Charity, and Forgiveness....

Selah.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

we are trying to spread the Gospel of Love

The Gospel has been around for two thousand years, the cult I am talking about has been around since the dawn of modern zionism, and I see it as a political tool to subvert Christianity by breaking down its moral sense to allow and even condone the genocide of the Palestinian people to make way for a new, self proclaimed "Israel".
And so, why I called it a cult of death, because it uses a philosophy to make the people who enter the cult accept murder as "the will of God".
edit on 13-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Any organization that's promoting homicide in any way shape or form is NOT doing God's will.

What is the specific organization you are referring to?

I am taking your side on this, I am thoroughly against evrything you just mentioned,

I just want to know more.....specifics.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What is the specific organization you are referring to?

There isn't any way to stop the process because there is big money behind it to finance perks to religious leaders who promote the agenda.
The way to fight it is by education, which is that traditional Christianity holds that Israel is now represented by the people who follow Jesus. This means the fulfillment of the promises in the Old Testament is in Jesus and his church, and not a group of men in Palestine calling themselves Israel. That we do not have to support those men who are robbing the people of their own state, and using the Old Testament to justify their actions, as if they were the modern day Joshua. We have a person named after that character, and his name is Jesus.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I think it's also a way that people heal themselves of the pain of living as a human...

No, think Saul of Tarsus on the road to Damascus. Went from hating Jesus and Christians to an apostle with 1 Revelation and went to his death proclaiming the gospel boldly.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

we are trying to spread the Gospel of Love

The Gospel has been around for two thousand years, the cult I am talking about has been around since the dawn of modern zionism, and I see it as a political tool to subvert Christianity by breaking down its moral sense to allow and even condone the genocide of the Palestinian people to make way for a new, self proclaimed "Israel".
And so, why I called it a cult of death, because it uses a philosophy to make the people who enter the cult accept murder as "the will of God".

Killing anyone is wrong, even killing Jews. No one should be murdered, we're all in the image and likeness of God. He's capable of taking life to those He gives it too. Supporting Israel doesn't mean we approve of everything they do, that's for God to judge them for, not us.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

are you sure your 'agnostic'?

1870, "one who professes that the existence of a First Cause and the essential nature of things are not and cannot be known" [Klein]; coined by T.H. Huxley (1825-1895), supposedly in September 1869, from Gk. agnostos "unknown, unknowable," from a- "not" + gnostos "(to be) known" (see gnostic). Sometimes said to be a reference to Paul's mention of the altar to "the Unknown God," but according to Huxley it was coined with reference to the early Church movement known as Gnosticism (see Gnostic).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join