It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you know this story?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is my first non-spiritual post so if I am posting in the wrong place, mods feel free to move this. This is not a thread to promote racism, because that I am not, but it is more or less aimed at our media and what they view as important. I have never heard this story before until today, and my heart goes out to ALL the families involved. The Trayvon Martin story has caused quite a media following, I wonder why this story has not. I will warn you guys ahead of time, the details of this case are horrendous, disgusting and appalling.

www.youtube.com...

PLPL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

I saw this article on another site and yes I am heartbroken that any human could do what was done to another human. Crimes like this happen every day - unfortunately and it is still the same old story on the mainstream television hypnotising box.

All media is controlled by a mere six people - the cracks are showing and the system is starting to fail - it is all coming down and I cannot wait. The entire tightly controlled media system could crumble in the next five minutes and it still would not be soon enough for me.

Much Peace...to the murdered couple and their grieving families and friends...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

OMG that is horrible, this story is worse than the Zimmerman story. I think the media won't touch it because it would probably cause racial riots or something.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think it's in the interests of the people in power to make the majority look worse than it actually is.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rumor21

It could also be that they handled it already. The linked video is from 2007.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Murders and killing sprees are tragedies, simply put. In nature, life kills life... in a delicate balance in which the most dominant life is that which has adapted to take advantage of its environment the most. As humans, our consciousness has both accepted and condemned the killing of fellow humans. Some even believe the condemnation of murder to be the will of their God.

The reason certain murders get more attention than others is because the media can sensationalize aspects of a particular story (Father killing children, child killing mother, worker killing boss, etc.) The story you posted is no different, but here's the problem the news media has run into... Crazy things like this happen every day. When art (which imitates life) has shown that the idea of "4 people shot to death today" is a cliche news headline, that speaks volumes about the sick reality of the headlines being true in our world. People become bored and disillusioned by repetition.

To keep eyeballs glued to the TV, and to spur controversy and division among the masses, the news media has to keep reports of murders to a minimum, and to sensationalize those with intriguing circumstances. Whether you believe in "TPTB" (or whatever kooky name people have for CEOs and Presidents these days) or not, news items will always have a spin which reflects the ownership of the network.

In Treyvon Martin's murder, those who are both pro and anti-gun have so much to say that the story sensationalized itself on Twitter before the news media could grab hold of it. Our nation is full of divisive memes which brainwash people into picking a side on an issue based on keywords and hot-button issues, rather than forming their own opinions. Thus, the battle for your mind continues.

new topics

top topics

join