It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm horrified of Paris.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by always bringing up the subject, but I really feel OBE/Lucid Dreaming would be a good way to explore this. I've only ever had accidental experiences with both phenomena, but mastery of both(whatever they truly may be) would probably yield interesting results when looking into our subconscious.

I would highly, highly recommend OOBEs/Astral projection or Lucid Dreaming over having a hypnotist take you through past lives. I just dont trust hypnosis nor hypnotists, but thats just me.

I have deliberately induced out of body, look for therivergoddess' great thread here on ATS. Im not saying you will go through past lives if you OOBE, but it is a new conciousness, and one that should be explored, that will perhaps help you understand past lives.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
Very strange dream. I admire your approach to all of this.

Past life regression would be interesting. You sound highly intelligent though, so I question your susceptibility to hypnotism.

I think past life regression would definitely be interesting. Thank you for the compliment! I'm hoping hypnosis works!

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by always bringing up the subject, but I really feel OBE/Lucid Dreaming would be a good way to explore this. I've only ever had accidental experiences with both phenomena, but mastery of both(whatever they truly may be) would probably yield interesting results when looking into our subconscious.

I think experimenting with OBE's and lucid dreaming couldn't hurt, it's definitely worth a try. I've tried picking out symbols from current dreams pertaining to the matter in the OP with little to no success, but lucid dreaming is a different ballgame that very well may provide results.

I personally would rather spend time attempting to induce those experiences than pay a self professed psychic to guide me through a regression session, which regardless of their credentials, in all likelihood would take place on a massage table in their dining room in a home that smelled strongly of cats and cigarettes. If you do end up going to one though, give them nothing to work with. No indications of what you suspect your past lives may have been, what your interests are, don't even give them your real name.

I'll definitely take your advice! It's actually quite funny that you mentioned the psychic aspect. I originally joined ATS in an attempt to look at the skeptical side of things. I actually volunteer locally as a psychic medium -- the whole Skepticesque persona is more of a way I can provide scientific explanations to "paranormal" phenomena -- phenomena I believe in quite heavily. Taking the skeptical approach has given me a better insight into the successes and flaws of my own beliefs in regards to paranormal phenomena.

Do you know your ancestry? I'd look into that before I'd go to a regression therapist. I've never really checked out any of those genealogy resources but I hear in some cases they can be very thorough. If indeed there is some paranormal explanation, it may not be your past life, but some kind of shared memory with a long dead relative.

I do know my ancestry, I actually have strong french roots from my mother's side. My grandmother spoke only french, as did her and her brothers. They were from France. I don't have communication with them as there has been a long line of tragedy and abuse. My grandmother was incarcerated for nearly half her life because she was found guilty of the murder of two individuals, although it was in the US. Very interesting theory, that it may be more of a shared memory.

You say the dreams tapered off around 10 years old. May I ask how old you are now? How old were you in the dreams?

Very interesting that you note this. I'm 16 years of age, so still quite a lot of life experience to go! I don't recall my age in the dream unfortunately, I could only see through the eyes of the individual who was stabbed. I didn't feel elderly, I'd say more youthful. Because I had the dreams at such a young and vulnerable age, there may have been instances where I was looking from the viewpoint as a child. I remember feeling like I was shrinking in the dream though it seems as though it would be a similar reaction to falling to ones knees and being continuously stabbed. As a child I interpreted it as a shrinking when in actuality it was more of a falling sensation.

Either way, whatever you decide to do, keep us updated, and good luck.

I sincerely appreciate your input!

edit on 15-4-2012 by Skepticesque because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Wow, that was an amazing elaborate hypothesis, thank you for that, it makes more sense than I wish it did!

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
reply to post by Skepticesque

Skeptiesque, have you ever heard of James Leininger? Hes a little kid that was constantly having nightmares about crashing in a fighter plane in WWII. Look it up on youtube.

I am convinced in past lives, something I never used to. But energy cannot be destroyed, this is a law of physics....

I had a dream of being stabbed to death, as well. I was in some ancient market....Jerusalem or something. Dusty. People attacking me, wearing robes like in the old Bible movies. They all had daggers, stabbing me, i raised my hand to protect my face, and felt it go through my hand. Im on my back looking up at people stabbing me, I feel the stabbing, but no pain. I then woke up from one of the most vivid dreams I ever had. Only time I dreamed that one, but I have dreamed of other past lives....

I have heard of James Leininger, definitely an interesting story. Your experience sounds absolutely terrible, at least we can relate to the stabbing feeling. I've had on numerous occasions dreams of experiencing things I've never experienced that I felt were real, including being stabbed, being in a plane crash, falling, and being shot. The terror of experiencing these events are profound -- the stabbing seems to be the worst, though. Thank you for the input.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque

I'll definitely take your advice! It's actually quite funny that you mentioned the psychic aspect. I originally joined ATS in an attempt to look at the skeptical side of things. I actually volunteer locally as a psychic medium -- the whole Skepticesque persona is more of a way I can provide scientific explanations to "paranormal" phenomena -- phenomena I believe in quite heavily. Taking the skeptical approach has given me a better insight into the successes and flaws of my own beliefs in regards to paranormal phenomena.

Well, I'm impressed. At 16 you have more sense as a believer than most adults do. I'm a believer as well, and the way I see it, one of the biggest problems with the paranormal community around the world is that people seem to not be able to look at their own experiences and beliefs the way you do. People let their imaginations run wild, then run their mouths to whoever will listen, and post to whatever online communities will have them, and the water gets very, very muddy as far as actual facts and events are concerned. I'd be honored to have your input in a thread I made about just that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

We all have little things that make us unique, and they are a result of our upbringing and events of our childhood.

I have a thing about sleeping without covering my feet, and having the cover over my neck. I have no idea where it comes from or what caused it, but I cannot get to sleep without the cover up to my ears and over my feet (unless I'm drunk or completely exhausted - so much that I don't care where I sleep or how lol)

I believe that there is a susceptibility when we are afraid. It seems logical that if we experience something scary or traumatic, our brains would automatically want to shield us from that in the future. If you nearly walked into quicksand, it would be terrifying, and your brain would register all of the information and concoct a way to prevent that from ever happening again. It's a survival instinct that doesn't care about common sense or the likelihood of danger.

I think you've probably seen something in a movie, and that imprinted on your memories as a trauma. Your brain has worked out a way to prevent that perceived danger and created the fear you now have.

As for "past life regression" - there is a wealth of evidence that it's BS. I have yet to see a case where any supposed past life memories are genuine, but I've seen several examples of them being proven false.

Incidentally, how do you know you are scared of Paris if you have never been? Surely you don't know you are scared of something until you experience it? I know I have an irrational fear of spiders because I have encountered them.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Incidentally, how do you know you are scared of Paris if you have never been? Surely you don't know you are scared of something until you experience it? I know I have an irrational fear of spiders because I have encountered them.

I know I am afraid of it because images, videos, movies, sayings, and any reference to it in excess causes me persistent anxiety, nightmares, night sweats, and an uptick in my heart rate.

I become nauseous, cold, and show symptoms of a panic attack. I've never died but I can still be afraid of dying. I've never been mauled by a wild animal but I can still be afraid of being mauled by a wild animal.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I am sorry you are plagued with such dreams. Hope you get over it soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join