It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasting sound heard around coventry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
just over 10 mins ago i heard a loud blasting noise
it made me jump like it was a car hitting another just outside
a few mins later my friend from the other side of coventry txt me
it slightly shook his house a few miles away
dont know anymore
did anyone else feel or hear it

my friend thinks an earthquake
edit on 12-4-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Just reported on the radio 5 live...... speculation of a mini-earthquake......

Houses shaking and noise lasting for severl seconds..

up in Derbyshire here though and nothing here...

PDUK

Perhaps more Earthquake activity (however small) going on around the planet...
edit on 12-4-2012 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I live in Gaydon, around 20mins away. Heard this as well. Thought TV had dropped off the wall upstairs. Just called a friend in Marton (near Rugby) who says there are tweets of it (he heard it also). Do you know what it was?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Lots of people reporting the same thing and apparently much conversation about it on Facebook. Has been heard and felt in Rugby too.

Many reports coming in about shaking houses.

Strange one, poosibly a EQ?
edit on 12-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm in Coventry and I heard it. My first thought was earthquake as it sounded just like the last one I experienced here.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Im near oxford/reading and i didn't hear or feel anything today.

2nd

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nothing showing on the Earthquake map, yet.

Real-time Earthquake Map

You need to fiddle with the controls on the left to show smaller quakes.
edit on 12/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Reports coming through that it was a controlled explosion at leamington cement works. Cant verify that yet though.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i live just 10 miles out of Birmingham and all I heard was thunder....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Listening to people from the area on the Radio .............

They all say it was an 'Instant Bang'......... a bit like if you are sitting on the hard shoulder of a road and a Large Articulated lorry passes you at speed.....

Felt across Coventry, Warwickshire and North Oxfordshire......

Some sort of instant change in air pressure ?? Strong enough to rattle windows and make its presence known across a large area....

Maybe not an earthquake but something else ??

There are strange things going on in this world at the moment...

PDUK

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I really dont think it was an earthquake. First off i did not feel the ground move. Second it was a short sharp bang, that was followed by a low rumbling sound. It sounded like someone jumped or fell over on the floor above, as a jet was hovering over the house. Only way I can describe it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My sister has just called the police and apparently they don't know what is was either, you would have thought any planned explosion would be brought to the attention of the emergency services. Anyway im sure theres a simple explaination, but i kind of hope it isnt!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm right in Rugby Town Centre, and heard it very clearly. An extremely large 'boom' sound. The Rugby community are discussing it on Facebook, and many people describe their windows being shaken.

People are reporting hearing it as far as Leamington Spa, Swindon and Warwick.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Im in Lichfield (around 30m north) and didn't hear/feel anything, yet a few of my mates on facebook have been talking about it (from cov.), they said it sounded like an explosion, i think it was just the one though.

I know it doesn't help much, but the noise isn't spreading north, but if it was felt towards oxfordshire, seems like the noise is traveling south.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Could throw meteor exploding at high altitude into the suggestion box......
edit on 12/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

A sonic boom?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What's going on people??, thought I would jump into this as well seems I live in Banbury South Oxfordshire, Apparently the boom was either a sonic boom from a Jet breaking the sound barrier, I doubt it but its possiable...The other is that an explosion has occurred at Kineton Army Base. People on my facebook have heard this as far as France.

WAS NOT AN EARTHQUAKE, I was laid in bed awake the dog across the street was barking and all of a sudden BOOM windows shake and my bed rocks(cause my bed is on wheels). Felt nothing like an Earthquake though just something weird It's really hard to explain.

Also its on BBC NEWS, Breaking headling: The Ministry Of Defence is looking into reports of Loud Bangs in Oxfordshire.
edit on 12-4-2012 by SieMa because: Breaking headline

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

No idea, doesn't sound like a controlled demolition though if its felt that far down south. The exploading meteor theory sounds most plausable, could of came from a notherly direction and exploaded over coventry, causing the booms to travel south, because of the momentum and the direction it was traveling maybe?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Apparently......... noise and shaking felt in Wiltshire too...

The MOD are looking into the noise...... jus reported on BBC web site......

A guy in Wiltshire said that there were no aircraft out of Fairford but for a noise and vibration to travel as far north as Coventry from there would be a very powerful sonic boom.....

I'm with Woogle UK......a meteor breaking up in atmosphere causing a pressure wave...

PDUK

Could it be Marty McFly and the Delorean time machine re-entering in our time frame..?

edit on 12-4-2012 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm from Coventry, and i was in toilet when this happent however i didn't hear or feel a thing, but everybody on facebook is rambling on about it, now all the helicopters are out, i rekon it's a meteoroid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join