It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masive Rectangular Monolith - NASA "No, it's a round boulder".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I can't believe how NASA thinks we will just accept anything they tell us when perfect images are right in front of us. They hand us a bananna and then tell us it's an orange, we just aren't looking at it right. Here is the link to the story which includes a great pic. I don't know how big this thing is, maybe someone can figure it out. Everytime I see one of these structures on Mars it turns out to be miles high. Funny to think that a "round boulder" could be miles high.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

Just noticed that there is a perfectly cymetrical tryangular object next to the monolith. Is this just a boulder too?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Don't worry, mate. I see it. NASA just need glasses.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
OOps, just noticed someone already posted this. Sorry for the re-post.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

I think NASA is being reasonable. I don't ever remember them stretching the truth, frankly.

But I can remember a lot of people who stretch the truth.

Look at their explanation, not at what you want it to be.

What do you think is more likely? According to present theory, there're 10's of billions of super earths in our galaxy and possibly a couple billion earth analogs. And there're billions of years of change on those planets. Why do you think there'd be artificial structures on mars at this particular time when there're lots of planets and years to choose from? And why would a species that has the technology to get here choose to build a stone monolith? It doesn't add up. The real conspiracy, if there is one, has to do with extraterrestrial microbial colonies beneath the surface of mars and possibly even evidences of fossil microbes (viruses?) in various meteorites we have in our possession. You know they don't require probes to be cleaned that go to Venus? In fact, I think they stopped cleaning the probes that go to Mars too. Why do you think they would be so hasty to do this? Is it money? A form of anthropocentrism or rape?

Here's a reference source:
Space.com: Planetary Protection Study Group Mulls Life On Venus

And this:
www.ndtv.com ...

The Cardiff University astrobiologist said the delay in announcing life on Mars has little to do with science.

"I think there could be political and sociological considerations at work," he said.

"Firstly, if life was already detected, then there is no need to spend vast sums of money to continue the search.

"Secondly, there is a lot of scientific interest nowadays in bringing back samples of Martian soil to Earth at the cost of tens of billions of dollars, and there is a lobby that says if microbes exist on Mars we should not be doing this. It could pose a biohazard."

Wickramasinghe said authorities might be deterred by prospects of litigation arising from Planetary Protection -- the guiding principle in the design of interplanetary missions that aims to prevent biological contamination of both the target celestial body and the Earth.
I could say more, but this is all off topic.
edit on 12-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Existing here also a ton of threads via ATS SEARCH.

Closed.

Not sure why the MSM is picking up on very very old topics...they must be scouring ATS for news items now

ATS has been discussing this topic at length for a very long time

SEARCH reveals...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

....and more....

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join