It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christians Never Be Angry?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We hear all the time that Christians should never be angry, or that the OT God is 'evil' because He judges sin, and allows whole tribes or nations in the OT to be destroyed, or that Jesus was some long-haired hippy is a flowing white dress with a halo on it who never did anything to hurt anyone's feelings.

But is this accurate? Is this an accurate portrayal of God or Jesus Christ His Son? Watch this short video and answer the question. Is it okay for God to get angry, and as Christians is it okay for us to get angry for the right reasons?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

God is VERY slow to anger, and VERY patient.

Can you imagine if you were God? Reveal yourself to the entire world, and people laugh and mock you, empty yourself into a worthless human carcass just to save there pathetic souls, and they crucify you? Oh and while there crucifying you, you forgive them and allow them into Paradise?

Yeah, God is such a big meany!!! Why are you so evil God?!?!?!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Anger is just a natural human response that's triggered when we feel mistreated, or get offended. Anger can be constructive or destructive. In God's case, it was destructive. An all-powerful, all-loving, all-knowing God gets angry and just destroys everything for what reason? His children disobeyed him? He couldn't have used his anger in a constructive manner and found a better way to fix the problem then killing everyone? People are judged based on their actions, which is why people think the God of the OT is "evil" because of the way he dealt with his anger issues.

Christians can be angry, it's only natural. It's how you deal with your anger that is important. Right and wrong are subjective, so it depends on the situation. I probably would have to see some examples.
edit on 12-4-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Even Jesus got pissed off on Earth,

when he went to the Temple and saw they were using it like some kinda flea market instead of a place of worship, he screamed at the people and destroyed a buncha stuff then stormed out, haha. Good for Him!

Can you honestly blame God for being Jealous and angry? Look at people. Go read your newspaper or local news website, and tell me your stomach doesn't turn, now imagine how God feels.

And things were MUCH, much worse way back then, than they are now, people used to be TRULY barbaric, which is why he decided to slay so many wicked men....we do not know His ways nor His thoughts

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

If he was omniscient as people claim, he should have seen it coming. So, in a way, I don't necessarily see why he would be mad in the first place. It should have been expected. Not to meniton, an all-knowing God would have better methods of dealing with disobedience then slaying his children.

When a man kills his family and tells the media that God told him to do it, honestly, how do you view that father? Can you blame him for being angry and killing his family?
edit on 12-4-2012 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When we all forgive our creator, then possibly things might fair better for our multi/omni/uni-verse. 4th line?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

He's got it all planned out from the beginning to the end,

it all comes together for Good and to His Glory, and all is unfolding perfectly according to His plan,

every person on earth is exactly where they should be right now, doing exactly what was ordained of them before the foundations of the earth were laid...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The god as people refer to of the ot wasn't the Divine creator. That thing whatever it was had some serious issues very much just like us humans do.
The Divine Source isn't external that speaks to the other gods which weren't gods at all. Look they have become like us to know good and evil. What bull that is. Its a man made story that never happened.
We, and everything is of the divine source in us as us. We don't have a soul; we are a soul with a body. Thery're are what people call gods out there somewhere in the universe, but they're not the creator that can't be compared to a thing called god.
The bible is a mixture of a few truths with a whole lot of lies.
There shouldn't be such a thing as christians. They follow their god of the sky, and not the divine source within them.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

He's got it all planned out from the beginning to the end,

it all comes together for Good and to His Glory, and all is unfolding perfectly according to His plan,

every person on earth is exactly where they should be right now, doing exactly what was ordained of them before the foundations of the earth were laid...

So if everything is planned out from the beginning, then what's the point of being emotional? Does God's plan go like this:

"So in 100 years, I'll choose a righteous man and his family to ride on a boat while I flood the Earth and kill everyone on the planet to rid it of wickedness. Oh, I forgot, I'm going to be extremely upset with my disobedint children when I do this so later on people will think my behavior was justified. Then, when my chosen one gets drunk and lay naked in his tent, I'll retaliate and curse Ham's generation for not covering up his naked father which I'll allow to happen. It is my plan after all."

Makes perfect sense! If it's all planned out, it's a terrible plan.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

A terrible plan says you, which is true to you, but not true to me, my truth tells me his plan is great, because I can see how it is unfolding and I am tuned into seeing his handywork every day, I pray you come to Him eventually

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong with being angry. Anger is normal.
It's only wrong when that anger causes you to sin.

P.S. the bible doesn't say " your not supposed to be angry"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Should Christians Never Be Angry?

I don't think we have that much say-so on the subject. Yes, we are taught to turn the other cheek and show compassion and understanding, but still, we are JUST human. We will get mad.

We will get occasionally angry and in any moment of extreme emotions, we have to reach deep or lose the moment.

Christians are not exempt from negative emotions.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

You're avatar is awesome.I wish I knew who had my back at all times, though as one whom has always felt birthed by two fathers, I have struggled with focusing on the prize. I hold a small measure of Faith in the Prodigal clause, Hope it works out for me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Strange how the x-tian god can do the wildest unimaginable things such as:

-Know what everyone is thinking at all times
-Listen to everyone who is praying at the same time
-Create the heavens and the earth
-Create endocrine systems in human that releases neurotransmitters just at the right time and the right space for you to feel the emotion "anger" or "love" etc
-Can be absolutely everywhere at any time
-Knows absolutely everything there is to know, past, now and future

But he is somewhat clumsy when it comes to:
-Keeping his own anger in check [how does he 'feel' anger anyway, he has no endocrine system????
-Gets angry when those that he made don't behave properly [design fault and taking responsibility anyone?]
-Is a hypocrite. "Thou shalt not kill" he says and then goes and buns people to cinders or turns them into salt [lead with example anyone?]
-Creates people with lots of mistakes [we get ill, misbehave, don't listen] and then gets angry at his bad designs when they misbehave.
-Exists only in x-tian minds and can't somewhat get the near and far east 'market' too interested. Hindus, muslims, sikhs, shinto, buddhists, atheists, animals and many more seem to be doing well without that x-tian god and have done so for quite some time. Maybe he needs a better marketing strategy [apart from killing non believers or boring non believers to death]?
-Can't keep his little pets [humans] under control and lets them kill and torture each other without stopping them [even though his omnipotence means he can hear and feel every bit of what is going on].
- Had only sprung into existence long after the dinosaurs and quite some time after the first humans. Who did all the other stuff before him?

If I look at all this I have to say he ain't a perfect being. He or she or whatever it is has some major issues and anyone with issues who is not infallible has no right to tell me what to do or not to do.

Oh and of course he/she it sounds very much like a human invention. which of course it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't like when Christians get angry (or people in general) they tend to resort to violence the first chance they get.
It's funny as soon as anyone can know they can get away with something, God goes out the window.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Why does someone always come in and trash God or Christianity?
"Christianity" is the general topic but you couldn't be more off topic.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Can you imagine if you were God? Reveal yourself to the entire world, and people laugh and mock you, empty yourself into a worthless human carcass just to save there pathetic souls, and they crucify you? Oh and while there crucifying you, you forgive them and allow them into Paradise?
Wait, wasn't it his plan from the beginning to be sacrificed, or was that a random occurrence?

Next, when did he reveal himself to the entire world? Are you talking about Jesus? Did the whole world see him?

Third, he made up rules. At one point in time, there was nothing but him. He was just existing. Then he had a thought to create EVERYTHING and being omniscient, he already knew what would take place and already had a plan. He would create man, they would fall so he would set up a barbaric system of sacrificing innocent creatures to atone for our wrong doings. So, we do something wrong, innocent creatures pay for it. Sounds just. Just kidding. Then, it was his plan to become a man, at the same time being his own father, then sacrificing himself to himself to create a loophole for the dumb rule he made up to begin with. Oh, then he comes back alive after being sacrificed and sits beside himself in some invisible place.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Yeah, sorry, forgot to add that I wrote all of the above because OP wanted to know if x-tians are allowed to be angry. My point [totally on target] was:
Yes

But as they call themselves x-tians and as the OP needs to askthe question, I can only assume that the doubt comes from the FACT that x-tians are somewhat different BECAUSE they believe in a god. SO I listed the shortcomings of their god and tell them that they can be as angry as they like!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

God is VERY slow to anger, and VERY patient.

Yeah, God is such a big meany!!! Why are you so evil God?!?!?!

An example: Methuselah means "his death shall bring" (it), his dad was Enoch, a great OT prophet. He named his son after a prophetic vision God gave him, and he knew his death would bring the flood judgment. 7 days after Methuselah died, (the time for mourning), the flood waters came.

And Methuselah age is the oldest recorded age in the history of man. A perfect picture of His patience.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Anger is just a natural human response that's triggered when we feel mistreated, or get offended. Anger can be constructive or destructive. In God's case, it was destructive. An all-powerful, all-loving, all-knowing God gets angry and just destroys everything for what reason? His children disobeyed him? He couldn't have used his anger in a constructive manner and found a better way to fix the problem then killing everyone? People are judged based on their actions, which is why people think the God of the OT is "evil" because of the way he dealt with his anger issues.

Christians can be angry, it's only natural. It's how you deal with your anger that is important. Right and wrong are subjective, so it depends on the situation. I probably would have to see some examples.

The question wasn't if it was "destructive" or not, but if it was righteous or not. All judgment by definition is destructive, Jesus trashed the money-changer's tables and beat them with whips.

So, re-watch the video and tell me if it was "righteous" or not, God is Holy, and Just.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join