It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This question has been on my mind since 1967.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by Pinocchio

LOL, who are you? Your "insights" or interpretation of some lyrics here are quite interesting!

I Am Pinocchio! The Great...
Of Acacia Wood Was I Fashioned, With Sh!ttim For My Thoughts!
Adorned In Fine Gold! BUT!
But I Am Not The Ark Of The Covenant!
Although I Did Break A Rock With A Stick Once...

And: No... Not Very Interesting At All...
Music[ians] Like That Break[s] My Heart.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Pinocchio because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Oh, cool. My mistake. I didn't read your post. I thought I read all of them. I am the new guy so can I use my get-out-of-stupid card now?

Did anybody figure out what an elementary penguin is and what it might be doing climbing the Eiffel Tower?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

People born circa 1990+ are gonna have a hard time getting this thread.

Maybe this will help:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A 'walrus' is tusked,,, that is also known as 'Long in the Tooth'

being 'Long in the Tooth' means Old

the song was a metaphor for the band being old, uncreative, ready to break apart... after all they were individually fat-&-happy and no longer in a cooperative effort

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I thought the elementary penguins were singing Hare Krishna. And I always figured they were doing so because it's customary for penguins to sing Hare Krishna (as well as play it in instrumental) until Grade 7, at which point they start interpreting the works of Simon and Garfunkel. There are also rumours of some junior high penguins interpreting I Am the Walrus long before the song was even written.

And that's why penguins are my favourite kind of seeing-eye dog. Couldn't have made it out of Wonderland without 'em.
edit on 13-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Hare Krishna, right you are. I think it's time for me to back out of this thread since I can't seem to piece the lyrics together correctly without hearing the song again haha.

However, I did completely translate Penny Lane in American Sign Language for a class assignment once. That was pretty heavy stuff. I had considered doing I Am The Walrus, but...you know...not going to happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by Pinocchio

LOL, who are you? Your "insights" or interpretation of some lyrics here are quite interesting!

I Am Pinocchio! The Great...
Of Acacia Wood Was I Fashioned, With Sh!ttim For My Thoughts!
Adorned In Fine Gold! BUT!
But I Am Not The Ark Of The Covenant!
Although I Did Break A Rock With A Stick Once...

And: No... Not Very Interesting At All...

Music[ians] Like That Break[s] My Heart.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Pinocchio because: typo

Well, Pinocchio the Great, made of Acacia, adorned in Gold, pleased to meet you.....lol.....I do fear your nose may have grown a bit, because your thoughts are indeed interesting...

Does the actual "music" break your heart? Certainly John Lennon's death and the way the band broke up were very sad, but these guys did some amazing stuff that seems to be "timeless" , No?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
3 pages, the gig is up, and nobody posted the music yet? It's Friday Night, so here ya go. And don't forget, Jai Guru Deva om.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FenderWolf
First,

If I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together, then how do you
see how they run like pigs from a gun, and see how they fly?

This question sends me to the point where I'm crying.

Second,

If I am sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come, then who is wearing the
corporation tee-shirt, and is it gonna be on a stupid bloody Tuesday?
What led me to become a naughty boy and let my face grow ever-so long?
Am I the eggman? Are they the eggmen?

THEN WHO IS THE WALRUS???

goo goo gajoob.

You can get a lot of the answers (eggmen, etc.) and more questions, in the movie "Magical Mystery Tour", and/or the insert that came in the album.
Then, start connecting dots!
Great album, and you can delve into the mystery while listening. Hard to watch the movie unless you really want to try to figure it out, and/or a huge Beatles fan, like a lot of us of a certain age.
I think the van's a hearse, the t-shirt Paul wore on tuesday, while the naughty girl let her knickers down, and the "long" face can be seen, I believe, in the "white album" poster, post crash. Then they flew him to Spain, as Daniel. Here am I, sitting in a tin can... far above the world...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Excellent choices!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
A 'walrus' is tusked,,, that is also known as 'Long in the Tooth'

being 'Long in the Tooth' means Old

the song was a metaphor for the band being old, uncreative, ready to break apart... after all they were individually fat-&-happy and no longer in a cooperative effort

Yeah, that kinda fits in with " the golden acacia", guys theory too, Paul was the Walrus, and funny enough they say it in the "glass onion" song. John may have viewed Paul's more "old fashioned" approach to more melodic melodies , more "sentimental" lyrics, perhaps "at least from a "pop" perspective, as in conflict with John's desire to become more political, so the whole "long in the tooth" makes sence from that view.

Anyways, this is a fun thread....my mind needed a break, lol...actually never even heard a Beatles song till after they had broken up, my Dad is a musician so he really exsposed me to thier music, at 6 years old I fell in love with the song "revolution" I have no idea why?

Anyways, so "guitars gentley weep", met the "Love" of my life on 9-11, we both have strong political views, and while I won't speak for him, I'm half crazy anymore, and I gotta say listening to Beatles songs is very comforting to me...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Anyways, this is a fun thread....my mind needed a break, lol...

This thread is your idea of a mind break?!?
My head is reeling from all the info and code, and poetic speak in this thread!

But, I almost posted "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" earlier, but no one in this thread had mentioned it yet. Now that you have......... here you go!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

This thread is your idea of a mind break?!?

This would actually seem to be the perfect thread to come and get your head broken.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

LOL, that's funny...TY......yeah, I guess your right in a wierd way, all this has "been" a part of the issue before I ever even had a clue...

I came across a historian and researcher named Eustace Mullins a few days ago, this guy blew my mind, if you want some "historical" background and insight, check this guy out. I had never heard of him untill a few days ago, lol, started a thread, but no real interest.....it's a shame cause this man holds some great insight.....

Anyways, will post the link if your interested, wish you all everything good.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-4-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by FenderWolf

Here's another clue for you all:

The walrus is Paul.

So it says in Glass Onion, but it was John in the walrus costume. And of course he wrote and sung the song...So one could easily argue it was John as well. Unless he was writing the nonsense song with Paul in mind... See...It is sort of circular nonsense...

Anyway, don't put too much stock into the song. He combined three songs he was working on, mashed it up with a bunch of old nursery rhymes that he twisted around and mangled and then added just plain complete nonsense. It is meant to confuse those who want for it to have any meaning.

That is what is so great about the song... It's nonsensical perfection....Or...Perfect nonsense..

So, that is the thing about your questions...Really there is no correct answer...You can answer it all you want...and technically you wont be wrong...Because there is no set answer....Yet because there is no answer...You can never be right either....

( Again with this circular nonsense
)

So....The best I can tell you is, that the answer is...What ever you want it to be and nothing at all.

But honestly, interpret away...I think in a way...It was part of the art of this song...

Got to love the Genius of Johnny boy.

The history of the song is actually pretty interesting.

Have a read

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think when the van comes for you, it will not be a tee shirt they will be slipping on you, it will be one of those Jackets with the long sleeves that lace up at the back

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Are you kiddin' me? Myself, and my 1990+ friend group all wake up early sunday mornings to listen to Breakfast with the Beatles. Just like the generation to follow will. It's not like we have anything else good on the radio to listen to.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Did Paul really die? Will anyone under 30 who tweeted "who is Paul McCartney?" after the grammys understand this thread?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'll be waiting for the light to change on the eighth day.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Did Paul really die? Will anyone under 30 who tweeted "who is Paul McCartney?" after the grammys understand this thread?

This website has a pretty thorough examination of the hoax

www.ispauldead.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join