It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nugget of truth regarding Easter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It is no wonder that peoples, nations and tongues look at Christianity and wag their heads, knowing that by holding fast to traditions things just do not add up. If I were not a Christian, I would probably be added to the number with those who mock. And, while on the subject of mocking, speaking to those who do, I would have to say I can't really blame you. With so much confusion regarding doctrine, I find myself wagging my own head.

Again, being a Christian I am commanded to: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (KJV-2 Timothy 2:15) Notice that this scripture declares that I must stand approved unto God, not anyone reading this. I am not seeking anyones approval other than God, my Father.

Another wonderful truth that apparently isn't gaining much traction with some so-called-Christians and non-Christian alike is found in the same book. (2 Timothy 3:16) "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." Given by inspiration of God means, God gave His Word, (all of it from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21) by revelation. The three revelation manifestations are: Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom and Discerning of Spirits. Anyway, that info was free. Now to the subject.

It is about this time of the year that I become numbered with the waggers, scratching my head and and trying to figure out what a stupid rabbit and "Easter eggs" have to do with the death, burial and resserrection of Jesus Christ. I'm not really seeking an intellectual on the matter but, I thought I might, if you please share some truth about Easter. Religous folk may not like this however, I seek to please my God, not the religous.

Jesus Christ was not raised from the dead on what is referred to as "Easter Sunday." Well I just lost about 2 Billion believers. Anyway, Since we are supposed to show ourselves approved unto God, and since all scripture is given by revelation from God, can any of the 2 Billion believers explain how you can squeeze three 24 hour periods of time between, what is called "good friday and easter sunday?" This is an impossibility! No wonder the world has rejected Christianity. Christianity cannot even get the death, burial and ressurection of their savior right.

Now for you religous folk listen up! I love ya'll but I'm telling you, you better get your head screwed on straight about what is truth and what is not. Otherwise all you will see is people wagging their heads in unbelief and how can you blame them, when you try to shove lies down their throat.

The Word of God says that the women went to the burial site on the first day of the week (Sunday) while it was yet dark. The tomb was already empty. The Bible also says (look at all four of the gospel accounts and the book of Acts) that Jesus would be in the grave for 3 days and 3 nights. When you have the phrase "day and night" it implies a 24 hour period. Thus there is 3 days and 3 nights which equal 3, 24 hour periods of time. We know by revelation that it was unlawful for the body of Jesus to remain on the cross past sunset because the week of his crucifixion happened to be a week of a special Sabboth and the Jews had to prepare for this special Sabboth. The body of Jesus had to be off the cross and in the tomb by sunset.

If these events were on a Friday afternoon before sunset, 24 hours later would have been Saturday afternoon. You only have about 36 hours before the women went to the tomb. "HE WAS NOT THERE!"

God does not lie! God says what he means and means what He says. God says that His son would be in the grave for 3 days and 3 nights. That is 72 hours!!! And because God loves His son so much and since God does not lie God was not going to allow His son to remain in the tomb one second longer than 72 hours, nor was Jesus going to be raised one second sooner than 72 hours.

The fact of the matter is Jesus Christ was killed mid-week on a Wednesday and before sunset on Wednesday he was taken down from the cross and buried before sunset because the next day was a special Sabboth day. 24 hours later is Thursday afternoon, 24 hours later is Friday afternoon and 24 hours later is Saturday afternoon a Sabboth day. Jesus Christ was raised from the dead on a Saturday afternoon before sunset. At sunset in Israel begins a new day. When the women went to the tomb on the first day of the week while it was yet dark and found the tomb already empty, the simple truth is Jesus had already been raised from the dead the previous afternoon before sunset,

Well anyway next year as we look at our calendars and observe the time of our Lord's death burial and ressurection I am sure that the Billions will continue to observe "Good Friday." I will be observing "Good Wednesday!" And, a wonderful Saturday!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Great stuff. Now could you put your mind to the creation and tell us how long were God's days. Did not have to be 24 hours because the Earth had not been created then.

P

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I enjoyed this post and the information you provided. I was under the impression that it was a Thursday in which Christ died. Scripture says that there was darkness between the 6th and 9th hours and then He died. If this were taken from the start of a new Jewish day it would be between midnight and 3am- so of course it would be dark. So the 6th hour goes from noon to 3pm. So Christ died at around 3pm.

I have found in scripture where it talks about 3 days in the tomb but have not seen 3days and 3 nights. Can you give me a reference?

Also, the date for Easter Sunday is something made up by Pope Pius, (I think the 7th). It is the first Sunday after the first Spring full moon. So, bogus IMO as far as scripture is concerned.

But you are correct- Christians need to study to show themselves approved before our God. Nice post.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Thompson Chain Ref. Bible) Matthew 12:40

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
there's actually an incredibly simple explanation for this.

Jesus was killed on passover.
In 31ad (the year of Jesus' death), passover was on a Wednesday... not a Friday.

The gospels present the story of the women seeing Jesus' burial, then buying spices AFTER the Sabbath, then resting FOR the Sabbath, then going to the tomb AFTER the Sabbath.

This leaves two logical options:

1) the gospel accounts are wrong.
2) in the year of Jesus' death, there were two Sabbaths within one week.

The correct answer is (2).

During the week of Jesus' death, there was a HIGH Sabbath (on the Wednesday night/Thursday) and a regular Sabbath (on the Friday night/Saturday). Jesus died on Wednesday afternoon, and spent Wednesday/Thursday/Friday night in the grave before His resurrection on the Saturday morning. The women went to the grave as soon as the Sabbath ended (6am Saturday morning). This all fits perfectly both with the Biblical text, and with history, but isn't taught very often!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

The Genesis account of so called creation week is not creation week. However it was a literal week. Where it says the evening and the morning were the first day. Evening and morning imply a 24 hour period.

However, God did not create these things during what is called creation week. God merely spoke back into existence what He had originally created before the earth "BECAME" without form and void.

Something of a cataclysmic nature happened between verses 1 and 2 for the earth to become without form and void. I know the scripture (King James) states was without form. (It is a mistranslation) It should have been translated "to become" or "became".

One day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

Creation in my opinion happened way before Adam and Eve.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

You are correct- Thank you

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

You are a lot closer than most, but still off slightly. It is hard to rightly divide the Word of truth. But, still there can only be 1 truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

You are confused as well...

The Julian designated days Sunday through Saturday are never used in biblical literature ... why?

The Jews did not observe a Julian week but calculated their days by a luni/solar calendar...
...where weeks were reset each new moon...
...the first day following a new moon was New Moon day followed by six work days and then a Sabbath...
...so the seventh day was not necessarily the same as a Saturday and the first day of the week was only sometimes a Sunday.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

The three revelation manifestations are: Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom and Discerning of Spirits. Anyway, that info was free. Now to the subject.

It is about this time of the year that I become numbered with the waggers, scratching my head and and trying to figure out what a stupid rabbit and "Easter eggs" have to do with the death, burial and resserrection of Jesus Christ. I'm not really seeking an intellectual on the matter but, I thought I might, if you please share some truth about Easter. Religous folk may not like this however, I seek to please my God, not the religous.

I like the first part...
"Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom and Discerning of Spirits."
That is cool.

To the Bunny thing...from a mother, daughter, sisters prospective...

I think the egg is self explanatory, since we start from an egg AND it takes some loving before the magic happens, hence the Bunny, practice makes perfect. Call it, New Age Religion. Love Love Love

but that's just my two cents...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
But you are correct- Christians need to study to show themselves approved before our God. Nice post.

Do you think it is possibly for someone who isn't Christian nor never read the bible, to be in touch/connected/believe/be approved before the creator?

?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I did not say you were confused, just slightly off. Then you reprove me for using the Julian calendar days Sunday thru Saturday when in your post you do the same. Don't know why the strife. Unless it is because you yourself were corrected. By your interrpretation you still cannot get 72 hours. But anyway my point was Jesus wasn't crucified on a Friday and he wasn't raised on a Sunday morning son rise service.

If he was dead by lets say 3pm on Wednesday as you say. Being raised from the dead could not have been Saturday morning as you say. Wednesday 3pm to 3, 24 hour periods later would make it 3pm Saturday.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Originally posted by micmerci

Do you think it is possibly for someone who isn't Christian nor never read the bible, to be in touch/connected/believe/be approved before the creator?

?

I think we all at one point were not Christians and hadn't read the Bible and yet somehow we were met by the Creator

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Jesus died for you and me so we could be saved and get back in touch with God of which was lost by the first Adam's disobedience. It took a second Adam, Jesus to gain back that which was lost in the fall. Jesus is the only way to the Father. John 3:16 says For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him shall be saved.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Also check out Romans 10:9,10 It's never too late. God is a forgiving God. He loves us not hates us. Whosoever can be saved. It is so simple even a child can understand.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Easter is a very interesting "Holiday" which bears it's roots in Paganism, something that many Christians refute.

This is a very eye opening read about the origins of Easter.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is the real truth about Easter or rather called Eostre!!! Easter is not about Jesus at all it about celebrating Spring and the EQUINOX. The video explains it all.

edit on 12-4-2012 by apoc36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I guess by starting this Thread "A nugget of truth regarding Easter," I really desire for people to do their own thinking and not just follow the crowd just because the crowd says it's right. I don't believe in celebrating "Easter." Just like as I have become older and wiser found that many things we may have been taught, come to find out may not be for my best interest.

I hope that none of you out there think I'm trying to stir up trouble. I would just advise for everyone to do your own thinking and not let others do it for you. There are many examples of how tradition has shaped our belief system. Not to get to lengthy, one of the examples include the day of Jesus crucifixion.

I know I have and many of you out there have seen the painting of Calvary. The depiction of Jesus on the cross with two thieves hanging on crosses on Calvary with Jesus. One thief on one side of Jesus and the other on the other side of Jesus. But, what does the Bible really say what happened that day?

If we study all four Gospel accounts of the crucifixion we find a somewhat different picture. There were at least, according to what has been revealed to us, (5) five crucifixions including Jesus. Like I said, not to get too lengthy I won't go into detail. I will just say this, that there were two thieves and two malefactors. A malefactor is an evil doer. A malefactor can be a robber, murderer etc... The Gospels also record that two malefactors were led with Jesus to be put to death while other Gospel accounts declare that after many events took place including the crucifixion of Jesus and sitting down watching him, THEN were two thieves crucified. Also an interesting nugget of truth is the fact that just as the Chief Priest and Elders were railing on Jesus telling him "he saved others, himself he cannot save. And, telling Jesus "if you be the son of God bring yourself down off the cross." The two thieves cast the same in his teeth, meaning both of the thieves railed on Jesus just like the Elders, while other Gospel accounts record that one of the malefactors railed on Jesus while the other malefactor rebuked the malefactor railing on Jesus.

Well, it is fascinating to actually read the Word of God on your own and have God reveal truth without having to depend on what others are telling you what it says.

It will not hurt us to actually read, in fact it will do us all some good to take a second look. God will honor the meek and humble who say I don't know it all. Happy hunting!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

I did not say you were confused, just slightly off. Then you reprove me for using the Julian calendar days Sunday thru Saturday when in your post you do the same. Don't know why the strife. Unless it is because you yourself were corrected. By your interrpretation you still cannot get 72 hours. But anyway my point was Jesus wasn't crucified on a Friday and he wasn't raised on a Sunday morning son rise service.

If he was dead by lets say 3pm on Wednesday as you say. Being raised from the dead could not have been Saturday morning as you say. Wednesday 3pm to 3, 24 hour periods later would make it 3pm Saturday.

Why are you trying to find apparent anomalies and not possible solutions to those apparent anomalies?
You will learn much from identifying your motive.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

My motive for declaring truth and exposing untruths by adhereing to traditions rather than truth? My motive is Love. Jesus Christ also exposed traditions. Do you think he had other motives other than LOVE for truth?

The Christian is here in his stead and God judges my motives because He sees my heart! The body of Christ would do well to stand together for truth and not be jealous of those who are fighting for the faith.

top topics

join