It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark of the Beast: Remain Vigilant! Hold on tight brothers and sisters!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Doesn't the bible say the just and rightous believers will also have mark...?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

No.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by 1nOne

Therefore, when reading the OT you must flip things around: the Hebrew god, Jehovah/Yahweh is what Christians know to be Satan, and the Jews, the Anti-Christ:

Please explain Jesus' Hebrew name and Elijah's Aramaic name for me, both are consecrated names:

Yahshua ----->

Eliyahu ------->

Then please explain the Hebrew acrostic formed by "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" that was ordered hung over Christ's head that made the Pharisees so pissed they demanded Pilate change it.

Please explain to me why there are devout Atheists with names like, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Why are there Jews today with names like Stephen and Timothy?

The question is absurd.

Also, why would you ever use the symbol of the cross on which Christ died, upon which the Apostles were strung up by the anti-Christ, to represent your faith? Utter blasphemy.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
reply to post by 1nOne

When your Old Testament bible has "Lord" written, it is a translation from the Hebrew, "YHWH", or Yahweh, or Jehovah.

Yup, I know.

When it says, "Lord", in the New Testament, this comes from the Koine Greek, "Kurios".

Yes, I know Greek. "Koine Greek" means "common Greek"

Before the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD Judaized Christianity, it was widely known that the two gods were completely different entities.

There are no two gods, only one True God. And the Nicea Council was convened to address the Arian heresy, they never discussed the Biblical canon.

Why did you think Jesus and his apostles were murdered by the Jews?

James and Stephen were. The others were murdered by Rome except for John who died of old age. Your history is waaaay off.

Why do you think the Marcion Church, the first Christian church and canon,

That's not even Biblical. Believers were first called Christians at "Antioch", and Marcion was a Gnostic heretic and all the anteNicean fathers wrote against his heresies and their perversion of the scriptures. Read Irenaeus sometime "Against Heresies". He was Polycarp's disciple, and Polycarp was John's.

They were known for "mutilating the scriptures which they themselves have shortened."

mysteriously vanished even though it had hundreds of thousands of followers?

They were voted to be heretics by unanimous vote at Nicea. Even wikipedia gets this right, look under "misconceptions" on the Nicea page.

Who do you think actually burned down the Library of Alexandria after Jesus' resurrection?

You tell me why the Alexandrian manuscripts are missing the last 12 verses of Mark when Irenaeus quotes from them in 177 AD in his commentary on the book of Mark, was he clairvoyant? Hyppoleteus also quotes from them at the turn of the century, over 100 years before the Gnostics began cutting and dicing scripture and producing Gnostic gospels.

Try reading a history book or two instead of Gnostic propaganda websites.

What about my questions?

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by 1nOne

Therefore, when reading the OT you must flip things around: the Hebrew god, Jehovah/Yahweh is what Christians know to be Satan, and the Jews, the Anti-Christ:

Please explain Jesus' Hebrew name and Elijah's Aramaic name for me, both are consecrated names:

Yahshua ----->

Eliyahu ------->

Then please explain the Hebrew acrostic formed by "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" that was ordered hung over Christ's head that made the Pharisees so pissed they demanded Pilate change it.

Please explain to me why there are devout Atheists with names like, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Why are there Jews today with names like Stephen and Timothy?

The question is absurd.

Also, why would you ever use the symbol of the cross on which Christ died, upon which the Apostles were strung up by the anti-Christ, to represent your faith? Utter blasphemy.

Matthew is the Latinized Hebrew name. Mark is "John Mark", Peter's amanuensis, a half-Jew half-Roman citizen like Saul of Tarsus, Luke is a gentile, and John is also a Latinized Hebrew name.

Because it's at the cross He shed His blood for me, if He were hung on a tree I'd have a noose as an avatar. It's His crowning achievement, a love letter from God to mankind.

Answer my questions. Yours are absurd and I have no problem addressing each one.

edit on 13-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No.

Meh...Actually I am pretty sure that is exactly what this verse means...

Revelation 22:3-4

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be on their foreheads.

That the rightous will also be marked...just sayin...Everyone gets a mark but that mark is not a PDA...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I personally believe the Bible simply says what it says, a mark; a tattoo of some sort that people choose to get to show their favor towards something. I can't really see it being a implanted computer chip or something like that, but who knows for sure but God.
edit on 13-4-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Okay, I read your question wrong. I thought you were asking about the "mark of the beast" the rest of us are talking about.

Yes.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Yahshua -----> "YHVH saves"

Eliyahu -------> "My God is YHVH"

Acrostic formed by the Hebrew rendering of "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" ---> "YHVH"

"Yeshua Ha'Netzeret V'Mlech Ha'Yehudim

Now you know why the Pharisees demanded His title be changed and Pilate said "What I have written I have written."

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It was just a friendly question...I am curious about the "in Christ". Are you speaking "with" Christ", "Christ-like"..or influenced and or speaking for "Christ"? Or with Christ in mind? I get the spiritual aspect, but....

Friends in Christ
Sisters in Christ
Neighbors in Christ
Brothers in Christ
Mother and Fathers in Christ

See my point? I dont think everyone addressed by yourself of other faiths gets that either. Still, your thread is very good as well, even tho I disagree to a degree...

Your friend "in Christ", MS (that makes sense to me!!!)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

In a covenant relationship with Him by grace of God through faith in His blood.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

When you pray to Yahweh, god of the Anti-Christ, I bet you also end each prayer with, "In the blood of Christ I pray to you". Am I right?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ok..that I understand. Thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

When you pray to Yahweh, god of the Anti-Christ, I bet you also end each prayer with, "In the blood of Christ I pray to you". Am I right?

The antichrist doesn't have a "god", he places himself above anything called god. If God isn't YHVH then Jesus (Yahshua - "YHVH Saves") has a pretty crazy name. Explain that one please.

You're simply an anti-semite, nothing more. I've heard your guys arguments a million times. Too bad, for you, Hebrew destroys your argument just on name basis alone. I'd be careful saying Jesus' Father isn't God Almighty. His Name is a consecrated Name.

"I AM come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." ~ John 5:43

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

It is prophecied that men would throw their gold and silver out into the streets because it has become worthless. A totally digitized currency is how that happens. Could be you're onto something partygirl. Nimrod tried to pull this crap before YHWH pulled the plug on him and scattered mankind by changing language.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

We pray in Yeshua's name, not his blood. You apparently do not know much about ancient hebrew rites of sacrifice where on Yom Kippur a Lamb(or bullock, goat) was offered for sins.

This site might explain the symbolism better to you than i can because there is a ton of hebrew symbolism all throughout the entire bible that makes hints and allusions and points directly at Yeshua.

Yom Kippur for Dummies
edit on 15-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

"Yeshua Ha'Netzeret V'Mlech Ha'Yehudim

Which is what i have been trying to explain in my thread Jesus is Yahweh.

The whole book points right at him being God Almighty. Furthermore in the Great Commission in Matthew 28:

Matthew 28: 18-20

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

So what we have is just ONE name for all 3. There is no Trinity because he is every one of them, those are just Titles to tell you who he is. There is only One God. When Yeshua was telling them to Baptise this way he was saying to them to baptise in His name, the name that is set above all others is the name of GOD, it always has been and it always will be. His name is Yeshua.

Acts 2: 38-39

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

This is even what Peter said to do, Peter was the Rock Christ built the church on, the same Simon Peter who Yeshua gave the keys to the Kingdom to. The Holy Spirit is Christ's spirit, the spirit of our God, and Peter gave the keys to all of us.

Yeshua is our God-King, the King of Israel, the King of Kings, the Spirit King Israel was originally supposed to receive at Sinai the first Pentecost but they rejected for flesh and blood Kings. The same God who allowed himself to be nailed to a cross to save us all, the same God who walked amoung his own people and they couldn't see him even though he told them who he was.

Isaiah 9:6-7

6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

edit on 15-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

They will have the seal of Christ on them.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

There is no Trinity because he is every one of them, those are just Titles to tell you who he is.

That's heresy. That's what "oneness Pentecostals" teach. That's heretical Theology Proper. All 3 were present at the baptism of Christ, the Father's voice from above, the Son being baptized, and the Holy Spirit descending "as a dove" from heaven.

I agree with everything you say except that. Even "Elohim" is a plural noun used in the Bible in the singular context. An example of what I mean in English:

"I went to the Ford dealership and I bought one truckS."

He is still one God, but His nature exists in 3 persons. We still call God "Him" and not "them". Unity in plurality, unity in diversity. The Godhead is One. God is One.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I don't see three, i only see one. I get what you're saying but there's only one. It's like if someone decides to start talking about my spirit, theyre still talking about me. If they talk about my mind theyre talking about my soul and still talking about me. If they talk about my body theyre talking about me, but i only have one name because i am only one person, i'm not 3 different people in one body because if thats the case then i have multiple personality disorder.

Only one name, only one God. Saying "Trinity" confuses people and alludes to Father, Mother and Son worship of the pagan trinities. He is omnipresent, thats how he could be on earth and in heaven at the same time which is what muslim do not understand when they make their arguements that Jesus is not God because he says "my Father in Heaven"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join