It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON Report: 1984 Multiple Witness Sighting of Massive UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

"My ex was in the Air Force and knew his aircraft, but he kept saying "what the hell is that??" as we came closer to it we could see the huge silhouette behind the lights."

Just tooling through the recent MUFON reports and came across this literally awesome sighting by an articulate woman and a bunch of other people back in 1984. Excellent little read, plus a fantastic witness sketch. Enjoy!

Link to the report

What they saw:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

"Shortly after leaving my home for an early morning jog, I came across a very unusual object that hovered silently over a residential area and projected a bright white beam."

As a bonus, here's another slightly less sophisticated account of a sighting of a similar craft in 2008.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

As soon as I read "bright white light" and "silent hovering" I immediately thought of my own experience around the same time period. Here is the thread I started on it............
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Once you read the comments from other members you'll understand why people don't talk about things like this.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

don't be disheartened by what some members say about abductions, missing time, or experiences. there are members and visitors who still read these encounters and silently thank the poster for taking the time to tell us, just because some threads don't get stars or flags doesn't mean the information is not appreciated.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Cool find

That person must be an artist or something, that is a truly amazing drawing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just curious. Where are you getting '1984' and who are the other 'witnesses'? The 'African Americans' who were never interviewed?
I'm a little confused here.

I'm really not trying to rip you apart (please know that) but was the term "African Americans" even used in 1984? I don't remember saying that mainly because my generation never knew if their heritage stemmed from Africa or one of the islands.

Nice drawing though!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was curious where this happened, but was able to find it at the MUFON site

MUFON case ID 37391
1984-06-13 Observed football feild sized rectanguar craft with windows hovering over old Rinks parking lot. Multiple witnesses OH, US

I don't know enough about the area- Does the Rinks store and I-71 reference mean enough to identify the city?

Edit: it was Columbus, OH. I found a NUFORC report with more details on this sighting by the same person filed in 2010: www.nuforc.org...
edit on 12-4-2012 by CardDown because: update

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's interesting to see the different perceptions of what it actually was, very interesting sighting. S+F

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Just curious. Where are you getting '1984' and who are the other 'witnesses'? The 'African Americans' who were never interviewed?
I'm a little confused here.

I'm really not trying to rip you apart (please know that) but was the term "African Americans" even used in 1984? I don't remember saying that mainly because my generation never knew if their heritage stemmed from Africa or one of the islands.

Nice drawing though!

The date was listed along with the report on the MUFON site. The sighting reportedly occurred in 1984 but was just submitted to MUFON this week. The other people I referred to were the additional witnesses mentioned in the report. I can't say whether any of the witnesses to this sighting have ever been interviewed. I'm not sure when the term African-American came into common usage. Excellent question, though.

Why would I assume you are trying to "rip me apart"? I haven't made any claims. All I'm doing is pointing out an interesting raw UFO report and a cool picture. Only a douche bag would give me a hard time about that, and it's obvious you aren't one of those.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
... but was the term "African Americans" even used in 1984?

My apologies if this has already been sorted out, but the report was made recently, describing an event in 1984 or so. The phrase "African Americans" is just part of the modern reporting of it. As best I can figure the term started becoming popular around 1987.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

ive seen something very similar, this was the closet pic i could find to try and explain the shape of it.
i also saw 3 ufo's with 3 green lights on each.

now ive looked at the pic and i was like i wonder if the 3 lights that are on the front were or could be what i thought were the 3 ufo's, do you think its possible?

the person has drawn them in the same formation that i saw the saucer shape ufo's

i thought the smaller ufo's took me to the larger ship, but maybe i saw the front of the larger ship coming and then i saw it leaving. i have glimpses of what happened in between that time, but i have other memory's as well, and im not sure what order things happened, its so confusing.

ATS thread what aliens on what ship
Whateva
edit on 13/4/12 by Whateva69 because: link added

new topics

top topics

join