It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
I was only pointing out that Ellie Sagan was responding to your post and not starchild23...I never said anything negative towards you, sorry if you misunderstood what I was trying to do.

Oh, i just saw to whom you said that; very sorry

edit on 14-4-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

EDIT: Before I was saved, I was a very rotten person, I have slapped bibles out of peoples hands and threatened Christians lives for praying for me, because I was a naive child, now my eyes are opened and I must return the favor to my LORD for saving me.

I love how you equate not believing as you believe with being a naive child. Talk about arrogance.And you wonder why we are discussing this thread about people hating "Christians".

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I've said this in this thread more than once I think, I used to be Christian. I understand what's driving you. I used to do the same for people. You are showing me quite clearly how much I alienated people. It does more harm than good. You think you are doing good and you think you are doing what god wants you to, but consider this:

I agree, when I read his posts, it makes me feel like burning my bible, asking to be taken off the rolls and my membership the be removed at my church, for the fear it will make me a horrible, arrogant ignorant, close minded, people bashing, condescending person.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

What I'm doing is different from what Jesus forbade there, I am not praying on a street for attention and recognition of men, I could care less what men think of me, if they think negatively of me, than so be it, I am praying for your well being and peace of mind knowing I did the right thing, and praying out of love, Amen

They call the internet a "digital highway" for a reason bub.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I have about 400+ threads in my file where I'm the last poster still waiting for a response from someone.

Maybe you should ask yourself - - why that is.

I already know Anne.

People refuse to say "you're right, I was wrong." They usually leave and never come back to the thread.

It's common internet forum behavior, not just here.

Their "my ATS" page reads their recent active threads just like mine does.

EDIT: The be honest though, several peeps I've went to war with in the past have gotten themselves banned.

edit on 14-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

How arrogant is that! To assume the reason many people just stop correcting you and ignore you is because the can't apologize or say "you are right. For you to think that the reason is, you are always right, and they can't bring themselves to admit it, has to be the height of arrogance, it is the most arrogant think I have ever seen in a long, LONG time.

Get over yourself.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

He's gotta point,

Most of the time on here, when you ask someone a direct question, or give them a direct response to something they were questioning, and it shatters there views and misconceptions about God, they stop responding.

Any argument any atheist or agnostic can make against God, an apologist such as myself or NuT can come and dispel in a few minutes with just a tiny bit of thought, and people don't like the idea of Christians who can defend there beliefs with intellect and elegance, they like to think of us as naive, brainwashed, dumb to the world, etc.
edit on 4/14/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I'll tell you the same thing -

Your genuine revile of all things Holy - Prayer, the mention of God, reading the Bible, having urges to burn the Bible,

are not coming from within yourself,

there are spiritual entities around you, and spiritual warfare going on around you, at all times

When people are possessed (i'm not saying you're possessed, you're probably just obsessed/oppressed, theres a difference which I don't have time to explain right now), they will literally SCREAM at the mention of God or prayer, they will SHUTTER at a cross, they will VOMIT while being read the Bible,

Father forgive Ryan, he knows not what I am trying to do
Father forgive me for being a little too straight forward with him, and please help him accept my words, and see the love in them, not the false hate, pride, and arrogance which the enemy is causing him to feel.

Amen

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I apologize for being a horrible, condescending, people bashing, unintelligent, bad, evil person,

I know, praying for people and talking to them about God is probably the most evil thing a man could do,

Forgive me

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

I'll tell you the same thing -

Your genuine revile of all things Holy - Prayer, the mention of God, reading the Bible, having urges to burn the Bible,

are not coming from within yourself,

there are spiritual entities around you, and spiritual warfare going on around you, at all times

I do not revile Prayer, i am disgusted by your "in your face" arrogance of praying, publicly in the condescending manner you do, for people who specifically request that you not do that. My problem is not the prayer, it is the manner in which is done by you, in particular.

I have no hatred for the Bible, I just am disturbed by people like you, who use it as a textbook on how to hate, belittle, judge, and condemn people who do not think exactly like you.

My urge to burn the Bible comes from watching the likes of you masquerade as a Christian. I do not want to be mistakenly associated with people the likes of you, your masquerading as a Christian only does the faith a disservice.

When people are possessed (i'm not saying you're possessed, you're probably just obsessed/oppressed, theres a difference which I don't have time to explain right now), they will literally SCREAM at the mention of God or prayer, they will SHUTTER at a cross, they will VOMIT while being read the Bible,

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Father forgive Ryan, he knows not what I am trying to do
Father forgive me for being a little too straight forward with him, and please help him accept my words, and see the love in them, not the false hate, pride, and arrogance which the enemy is causing him to feel.

Amen

There you go again with the condescending tone, and "I am a Christian" masquerade.
edit on 4/14/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I apologize for being a horrible, condescending, people bashing, unintelligent, bad, evil person,

Thank You, on behalf of all the real Christians here, and the people who do not think exactly as you do. You should start feeling better about yourself soon.

I know, praying for people and talking to them about God is probably the most evil thing a man could do,

Forgive me

Talking about God, no problems, using his teachings to berate, belittle, marginalize, and judge people, that's the problem.

Praying for people in the manner the Bible teaches us, no problem, Praying for someone who specifically asks you not to, in the condescending tone and public manner you do, contrary to Biblical teachings, that is the problem.

Talk to God about forgiveness, not me, your issues are with him concerning perverting the faith.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I've never berated, belittled, or judged you,

The enemy made you believe I have, and you've bought it,

Same as all the other lies you place faith in....

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

He's gotta point,

Most of the time on here, when you ask someone a direct question, or give them a direct response to something they were questioning, and it shatters there views and misconceptions about God, they stop responding.

Or it could be because it confirms that they are a block headed, narrow minded, dangerous, brainwashed lunatic.

Any argument any atheist or agnostic can make against God, an apologist such as myself or NuT can come and dispel in a few minutes with just a tiny bit of thought, and people don't like the idea of Christians who can defend there beliefs with intellect and elegance, they like to think of us as naive, brainwashed, dumb to the world, etc.
edit on 4/14/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

It requires little to no thought to spout verse after verse of the bible, and regurgitate what you have been told to believe. Intellect would be thinking for yourself, not just quoting verses. Your posts are hardly elegant.

elegance [ˈɛlɪgəns], elegancy
n pl -gances, -gancies
1. dignified grace in appearance, movement, or behaviour
2. good taste in design, style, arrangement, etc.
3. something elegant; a refinement.

Your posts are hardly dignified, as your behavior is suspect, to be kind

Your public praying for people who specifically ask you not to, in the manner you do it, is definitely a lapse in good taste.

You mistake arrogance for refinement.

You do not post or debate here with anything approaching elegance.

edit on 4/14/2012 by RyanFromCan because: hanging tags

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I've never berated, belittled, or judged you,

The enemy made you believe I have, and you've bought it,

Same as all the other lies you place faith in....

You have done all these things to me, and everyone else that has challenged what you have posted. If someone were to believe everything you spouted, now that would be placing faith in lies. I am not the brainwashed one here, no "enemy" has made me believe anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I'm not the one consistently making post after post with condescending judgements about my character and name calling left and right,

I believe you should look in the mirror, friend.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

That's the same thing everyone else whos deceived says

"but, but, but im not deceived!"

"the mere thought of someone praying for me and quoting bible verses is turning my stomach, filling me anger and hate, and causing me to post raving posts over and over again about what a horrible person that person is, but this is perfectly normal"

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

You don't want to even engage us in an intelligent debate or discussion. NO, I am not saying you are unintelligent, before you go off on that point. I'm just saying, can't you discuss this with us? Not just be condescending with your attitude and without throwing bible scriptures at us? Discuss. Easy. Or should be at least.

First off, Ellie, thank you kindly for the nice words. You are right, no hate is intended, ever. I too would like to engage Iason in a religious debate, and have attempted this numerous times since he has been active in these threads.
I see that a thread was started last evening, A Challenge To All Christians
and you already got to it, but not to debate, but to preach!
link

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That's the same thing everyone else whos deceived says

"but, but, but im not deceived!"

"the mere thought of someone praying for me and quoting bible verses is turning my stomach, filling me anger and hate, and causing me to post raving posts over and over again about what a horrible person that person is, but this is perfectly normal"

You will notice I did not complain about you praying for me, only that you did so in a condescending manner. I do not care if you pray for me, your beliefs may be off base, but God will give you the benefit of the doubt, it is called Grace. If you really fervently followed the bible as you claim, you would know that a prayer is between you and God, that you should be humble, and the prayer is a private conversation between you and him. You do not do that.

Quoting verses out of context is as good as lying, you are misleading people. I am not full of anger and hate, only despair that some will see you as a billboard advertisement for how real Christians are, and run as fast as they can in the other direction. As a person, I am sure you are not horrible, but your actions and attitudes towards other people are. If you are continually having people post repeatedly about your actions, maybe, just maybe, it is you, not them, that is the problem. Ah right, it's EVERYONE ELSE that is off their rockers, you are the only sane one....right?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Temporarily closed for staff review.

In the mean time, please reflect on our desire for civil discussion that does not attack fellow members.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join