It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendered defenseless: International treaty could be devastating to our nation’s right to bear arms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here we go again.

This a long but very informative article. This treaty needs to be killed fast. If anyone is going to start a petition, this should be near the top of the list.

Is this another thing the MSM is diverting attention away from with this Zimmerman/Martin crap?

“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free,” said 18 to 19th century German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Since September 11, 2001, our nation has continued to witness the erosion of our liberty with the passage of the PATRIOT Act, PATRIOT Act II, Military Commission Act, the signing of ACTA and the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (specifically the indefinite detention provisions) to name a few. However, there is a new piece of legislation in the processing stages, which if passed, would mean that instead of firearm owners shooting at silhouettes, they could be the ones staring down the wrong end of the barrel. More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

endthelie.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And if this doesn't get passed the first time using "Human Rights"...

It will serve to decrease the number of irresponsible arms transfers that occur globally by placing specific human rights criteria on transfers.

...It will turn into a war cry of "Save The Children!"

And that my friend is how the American people will be looking at being disarmed. Because after all...We do anything to "Save The Children" don't we? And those in power know it.

When only those in power have the guns, it's all over.

Peace

edit on 11-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, I look at it this way. My firearms are mine to know and mine to keep. It isn't the President's business and it sure isn't Banke Moon's business at the UN. He can go back to Korea if he doesn't like New York and our gun rights here.

Personally? I don't care what the President signs or agrees to. I really don't. The Constitution's authority comes before his and it defines his. He can't over-rule the document that DEFINES his own power.

Among those definitions is that pesky 2nd and no treaty from foreign lands can over-ride the Constitutional Amendments. Not the 1st...4th..5th..and damn sure not the 2nd. No means no in this case. No maybe about it.

So...They can play whatever games they want. If some blue helmet knocks on my door for my gun, he's as much a direct threat and intruder in my castle as a crack head looking to rob me. He shall be treated in a similar fashion if a polite request to clear my property isn't honored. So it is...when the laws being enforced are laws MY nation (as opposed to whatever nation Obama thinks he lives in) does not recognize or honor.

It's a Constitutional thing.... Obama wouldn't understand.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Typographic changes

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
People should be able to possess anything their government does.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

living in a country that barred me the use of a gun a long time ago, here are some famous gun quotes:

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

"An armed society is a polite society."
- Robert Heinlein

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."
- Robert A. Heinlein

and one for soldiers to remember when they fight overseas and see an unarmed civilian, and are tempted by hate:

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
- G. K. Chesterton

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof
Here we go again.

This a long but very informative article. This treaty needs to be killed fast. If anyone is going to start a petition, this should be near the top of the list.

Is this another thing the MSM is diverting attention away from with this Zimmerman/Martin crap?

“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free,” said 18 to 19th century German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Since September 11, 2001, our nation has continued to witness the erosion of our liberty with the passage of the PATRIOT Act, PATRIOT Act II, Military Commission Act, the signing of ACTA and the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (specifically the indefinite detention provisions) to name a few. However, there is a new piece of legislation in the processing stages, which if passed, would mean that instead of firearm owners shooting at silhouettes, they could be the ones staring down the wrong end of the barrel. More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

endthelie.com...

Hey Bulletproof... F n S for ya... yea, the anti-gunners have been working hard for years now, and between President Obama and Hillary, they are selling us down the river.
Here is a clip describing it from the NRA website from 12-05-2011 and you'll notice it says 'next summer', which is this coming summer.

Obama has already reversed our country's strong stance against the coming United Nations gun ban treaty. The U.N. will unveil this sovereignty-killing monster next summer, and Obama's State Department has publicly declared that achieving a "legally binding Arms Trade Treaty" is a "fundamental policy commitment." The gun-ban lobby has been working toward this treaty for nearly two decades, and now, they are closer than ever to their goal of controlling civilian firearms ownership worldwide.

I've been a Proud Life Member of the NRA for years, and I would suggest everyone interested in fighting Obama, Hillary and the others and stopping the madness this summer of the US accepting this UN gun ban join the NRA now.

Donate time and or money help fight against the constitution killers now in office.

edit on 12-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You still have firearms? I thought they were all with mine on that boat last summer. I know mine are all at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean somewhere.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You still have firearms? I thought they were all with mine on that boat last summer. I know mine are all at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean somewhere.

new topics

top topics

join