It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Christians in Iran await verdicts after Easter Sunday Apostasy Trial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Twelve Christians stood trial Easter Sunday in Iran, where they were called “apostates” in a courtroom and tried on multiple charges, according to sources close to Iran’s Christian community.

The Christians had been acquitted on the same charges, including “crimes against the order,” a year ago in Bandar Anzali, a city on the Caspian Sea. The group was first arrested when authorities found them drinking wine while taking communion, according to sources.

The attorney for the group, prominent human rights advocate Mohammad Ali Dadkhah -- who also represents Youcef Nadarkhani, the Iranian Christian pastor charged with apostasy and sentenced to death for leaving Islam and converting to Christianity -- was not able to attend Sunday’s court appearance, according to sources who said his flight from Tehran was fogged in. The 12 represented themselves to the judge.

www.foxnews.com...

This is disturbing on a number of levels:

1) Bad enough that these people have been arrested for being practicing Christians...but how "in your face" is it to force them to stand trial on Easter?

2) These two cases in Iran demonstrate, once again, how knuckle-headed - and dangerous - Sharia Law is. Anyone who is a practicing Muslim should be embarrassed and ashamed that this system is promoted and currently used by the leadership of their faith.

3) These cases are just two more examples of the how barbaric the thinking is amongst Islamic clergy around the world...and what happens when you put Islamic clergy in charge of an entire Country. In this instance, Iran's (sham) constitution says that people can enjoy religious freedoms - but the Mad Mullahs trump that; overriding it with Sharia Law...and sentencing people to death for converting away from Islam.

4) These kinds of incidents (oh...and the daily bombings, honour killings, beheadings, etc. ,etc., carried out by Islamic groups and individuals.) - perpetrated by Islamic Governments...not random misguided nutjobs...put a light on the lie that it is only a teenie-tiny minority of Muslims who follow Islam in a violent (or otherwise disturbing way).

When the "Islamic Scholars" are put in charge, mayhem, persecution and death always follow. Coincidence? I don't think so...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Sadly, this will be the average response of the average ATSer:

LIES! Dont believe the MSM! Zionist PROPAGANADA! Iran is INNOCENT AND FREE! Here look at some beautiful pictures of Iran... [pictures]... SEE! Its beautiful and innocent!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The facts that you posted will be ignored. The Iran-apologists dont' like to see them and they make excuses for them. Sure, Iran can run itself anyway it wants to. But we can also say how much we think it's backwards (which it is).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
This is disturbing on a number of levels:

1) Bad enough that these people have been arrested for being practicing Christians...but how "in your face" is it to force them to stand trial on Easter?

That's actually a Christian strategy. For centuries, Christians have been assaulting Jews and perpetrating pogroms against them during Jewish holidays such as Passover. This Passover, for instance, a religious Jew was assaulted in Ukraine when exiting a Synagogue.

Note that the Muslims do the same thing to Jews today. The Israeli security always raises the terrorism-awareness when holidays arrive. People don't waste their own holidays on mortifying foreigners, rather prefer utilizing the foreigners' holidays as the dates of religious persecution.

The sane response would be to nuclearly annihilate Mecca when a Muslim holiday begins.

2) These two cases in Iran demonstrate, once again, how knuckle-headed - and dangerous - Sharia Law is. Anyone who is a practicing Muslim should be embarrassed and ashamed that this system is promoted and currently used by the leadership of their faith.

Obviously, since the Muslims consider these barbarisms as 'sacred', you should expect them to condone these grave violations of human rights, claiming that such primitive-conduct is "mandated by their peace-seeking and peace-loving and peaceful religion, and how dare the blatantly racist heathens pass any judgment on the oh-so peaceful religion."

Nevertheless, as a Westerner, you shouldn't consider Sharia Law as necessarily dangerous. After all, it targets mostly Muslims, so you should be glad that they invented such a repressive system of governance, ruining their own lives more than those of anyone else. Although, when in the presence of apologetics for the Islamic cancer, utilize these incidents as proof of what these 'paragons of human rights' are capable of.

3) These cases are just two more examples of the how barbaric the thinking is amongst Islamic clergy around the world...and what happens when you put Islamic clergy in charge of an entire Country. In this instance, Iran's (sham) constitution says that people can enjoy religious freedoms - but the Mad Mullahs trump that; overriding it with Sharia Law...and sentencing people to death for converting away from Islam.

You shouldn't limit your accusations to Islam alone, though. That's what you get when religion in general is put in charge of countries. And the Mullahs are not mad, on the contrary, they're practical: they use intimidation and sheer oppression of thought to preserve their rule.

4) These kinds of incidents (oh...and the daily bombings, honour killings, beheadings, etc. ,etc., carried out by Islamic groups and individuals.) - perpetrated by Islamic Governments...not random misguided nutjobs...put a light on the lie that it is only a teenie-tiny minority of Muslims who follow Islam in a violent (or otherwise disturbing way).

Actually, it's not a lie that most Muslims don't follow Islam in a violent manner. Rather, Islam itself is a violent religion, and the ones who do practice it with violence are considered the best Muslims. They are not "misguided nutjobs", but religiously-guided, faithful champions of the fascist religion of Islam.

When the "Islamic Scholars" are put in charge, mayhem, persecution and death always follow. Coincidence? I don't think so...

This applies to all religious "scholars". I can argue that this applies to all living-creatures regardless of their background as well. Though when observing contemporary times, you are correct: the most repressive regimes after the Communist ones, are Islamic.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well, I simply find this odd because a Born Christian cannot be an apostate to Islam.So obviously these are born MUSLIMS who were led astray.

apostatizing if done secretly with no one witnessing, though punishable by God is not punishable by man. Criminal law cannot regulate the thoughts of the heart, so if someone inside themselves leaves the religion it's ultimately between them and God.

According to Ayatollah Mahdi Hadavi Tehrani;

Q: If a Muslim comes to a conclusion, after profuse research, that the religion of Jesus Christ is a more comprehensive and complete religion as compared to Islam and he renounces Islam, considering that such a person is described as a fitri apostate, is he sentenced to death?

A: Although the religion of Islam calls upon all mankind to accept divine unity, it does not coerce them into accepting it because faith and belief cannot be based on force and compulsion. Indeed, this does not become a license to create an atmosphere of antagonism against Islam because Islam is based on monotheism and rejection of polytheism. According to Islam, one who has accepted Islam and grown up in a faithful Muslim family must remain adherent to it and if he denies one of the fundamentals of Islam and embarks openly on opposing it spreading sedition and disturbing public mind about right and wrong, he has committed a crime for which he must also undergo punishment.

An apostate is liable to punishment because of his social crime and sin not because of his personal belief. Hence, if a person becomes an apostate but he does not declare his apostasy to others, he will not be entitled to punishment. In other words, if such a person has put all his efforts into knowing the truth, he will be justified in his apostasy, so God, the Almighty, will not punish him as he is not really a criminal within the realm of the individual rules pertaining to him.

A BORN Christian who is simply practicing their religion is more than free to do so! This is protected under shariah law. But a Muslim who apostatized and begins to spread that apostasy to others has committed a crime.

(and Easter is a pagan holiday, look it up, it is not a Christian one!)

Now back to your regularly scheduled session of hating on Islam and Muslims and speaking badly on all those who practice the laws of GOD!

although you might try fixing your own problems than looking for fault in my religion.

And, funny thing really, because the only fault you are finding in mine (shia Islam) is that we FOLLOW the religion..

might want to give that a try yourself. www.abovetopsecret.com... and www.abovetopsecret.com... lets face it you people are sick, yet you want to criticize us.

Perhaps if you examine closer your religion, you would begin to understand our views more fully, since apostasy is punishable in your religion as well. It is something else all the Abrahamic traditions appear to have in common, its in all the Books that claim to be from God. We simply follow the laws from God. You are free to hate me for that.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm surprised they got any kind of trial. Doesn't the Quran teach that they should be killed on the spot? They have a few ways of dealing with this, most of them are death and dismemberment. They should just send them to Detroit, that would be punishment enough in my opinion.

If Christians in present day USA were held to the same standard in dealing with unbelievers, then Islam would be non-existent in America and probably the Middle East as well. Christians should consider these victims of Islam as holy martyrs while rioting in the streets, chanting and burning Iranian flags. Too bad Christians believe in turning the other cheek rather than conversion by the sword.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I'm surprised they got any kind of trial. Doesn't the Quran teach that they should be killed on the spot? They have a few ways of dealing with this, most of them are death and dismemberment. They should just send them to Detroit, that would be punishment enough in my opinion.

If Christians in present day USA were held to the same standard in dealing with unbelievers, then Islam would be non-existent in America and probably the Middle East as well. Christians should consider these victims of Islam as holy martyrs while rioting in the streets, chanting and burning Iranian flags. Too bad Christians believe in turning the other cheek rather than conversion by the sword.

Two choices were presented in scripture - good and life, evil and death. Christ Jesus offers the very same choice. Once a predominantly Christian population allowed its definition of "good" to be redifined by those who are anti-Christ rather than by God, good was called evil and evil was considered good. The rise of Islam and power of communism is in direct proportion to the rejection of the true gospel message and of Christ. Sadly, the descendants of once faithful Christians became fat happy and proud, and forgot their Creator. Not only forgot their Creator, but forgot the lessons of recent history - Hitler gave his countrymen free radios to ingest his toxic poison propaganda to change their beliefs - and the same was done to us by those who despise Christ Jesus. The Kingdom of God doesn't require force when it's a choice between life and good, and death and evil, for the choice is made by each of us. Those Christians are experiencing their personal trials and tribulations, and are carrying their own cross to glorify God and His Son - to preach the glorious free gift available. Those trying them are showing their true colours to help YOU see the choice to be made by each of us. The leaders there have made their choice - death and evil - but are still accomplishing the will of God to refine His Saints.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

yes, we see such beautiful examples of Christians who turn the other cheek right?

www.youtube.com...

as I said, when you all start practicing your religion....seriously, with all the carpet bombing and raping and murdering supposed Christian countries do in other lands you have little to complain about how we practice our religion....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't get it.

I thought the Iranians dislike people who practice Judaism? Yet, largest population out of Israel that is Jewish IS Iran... So, why do they hate Christians again?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Iranians do not hate Christians

It is not Christians on trial, it is people born muslims who embarked openly on opposing it spreading sedition and disturbing public mind

There is freedom of religion, but not the freedom to insult and defame

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What else is new? It seems like this type of thing happens every other week in the Middle East and elsewhere. Desecrating churches, kidnapping and beheading clergy, blowing up mass services, and then there is all these kangaroo courts deciding the fates of people who apparently chose a religion that is not widely accepted. It boils down to a matter of choice or free will, and we as human beings have been given that right by the Creator.

It is the person's choice to decide what religion they would like to adhere too, and lets leave it for the Almighty to judge. These spiritual matters are private matters, and man has no business meddling. I highly doubt that Muslims should feel threatened by these 12 Christians or that some mass conversion is going to happen as result of their religious practices. Do they not have faith in their own beliefs, and would allow themselves to be tricked by a bunch of jackals? I only mean that hypothetically, and I am not referring to any denomination as being a bunch of jackals.

I just don't see the point of all these religious trials and executions of people who have made a decision in their private lives between themselves and God? No Imam, Rabbi, or Priest has any right to judge and condemn people for making a spiritual decision. I suppose if they are wrong? They will find out when they reach the pearly gates.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

When one of our brothers or sisters falls to persecution, 10 more come to Christ. They cannot stop Yeshua from claiming his sheep, the Good Shepherd will not stop and more will come to him. My prayers are with them that they stay the course even to death.

Sadly this sums up Islam for you, if you want to become a christian and forsake Allah for Yeshua, the atypical response is to "kill the infidel".

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

although you might try fixing your own problems than looking for fault in my religion.

Nope. Nobody is perfect, so nobody could point out any faults at all according to this logic. Dont try to silence those who see this as an injustice by pointing fingers at their own unrelated flaws.

We simply follow the laws from God. You are free to hate me for that.

And we will.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

There is freedom of religion, but not the freedom to insult and defame

Hence, if a person becomes an apostate but he does not declare his apostasy to others, he will not be entitled to punishment.

So what is it, is the declaration sufficient for a punishment? Or are insults and defamation required? And what is the appropiate punishment according to you?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

It is not Christians on trial, it is people born muslims who embarked openly on opposing it spreading sedition and disturbing public mind

LMAO. "Born muslim". You cannot be born muslim, thats about as moronic as a catholic baptising a newborn infant into the church and just as useless. Faith must be chosen, not forced. What you're doing is brainwashing your children instead of allowing them to choose for themselves. All these new christians did was realize they have the right to choose and they excercised that right.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves for forcing what you believe on other people and even your own children. It is a choice, no one is born into anything.
edit on 12-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

We do consider them martyrs and their place in heaven is assured for enduring torture and death for Yeshua's namesake.

As for the rest of that, we can't do it. Yeshua said if we lived by the sword we would die by the sword, the entire "reaping what you sew" is in play even for us.

Truth be told Iran is not the problem, Islam is. If there was no Islam then no one would care who was what, least of all be violent and beligerent about it.

You just can't go around murdering innocent people, there is no crime here except that they are being witheld against their wills because they decided to swap to a different God. Just like how they murder homosexuals. Yes homosexuality is considered an immorality, but you're not supposed to go around murdering them. Commiting murder is a sin and is also stealing, because you're taking from these people what you cannot possibly give back which is their lives so it's double jeopardy for the offender.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

yes, we see such beautiful examples of Christians who turn the other cheek right?

www.youtube.com...

as I said, when you all start practicing your religion....seriously, with all the carpet bombing and raping and murdering supposed Christian countries do in other lands you have little to complain about how we practice our religion....

Those who engage in the acts of carpet bombing, raping, and murdering, are not true Christians, they are in fact the opposite. On the other hand, all these things are OK for the true believer of Islam, in fact the only way to paradise is to die in Jihad. It hardly seems worth it as all those virgins would be a pain in the behind in my opinion. I'm not complaining about how you practice your religion, more like I'm complaining about how Christians aren't treating Islam in the same fashion.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Those who engage in the acts of carpet bombing, raping, and murdering, are not true Christians, they are in fact the opposite.

This right here is why i do not vote for so called "christians" running for office. If we vote for these people and they sign off on committing those acts we are just as guilty as they are and i will not have it. Yeshua never gave us the rights to make war or murder other people, or obtain worldly power and worldly wealth or force our beliefs on someone else at the point of a sword or on pain of death.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Since you say that those raping murdering and carpet bombing in ME countries are not Christian, lets consider your presidents

www.counterpunch.org...

^^^^Bush's Christian blood cult (this is what the pope called it (who endorses the raping of children)

Obama is a Christian also, although some appear to disagree with his sect of christianity and many do takfir upon him even Santorum says he is a christian

"In the Christian church there are a lot of different stripes of Christianity," he said. "If the president says he's a Christian, he's a Christian."

From The Detroit News: www.detroitnews.com...

Clinton, Reagan and every single president you have had calls themselves Christians, so do you senators and congressmen.

Let's face facts, your version of Christianity does not keep treaties, does not see others as humans, does not turn the other cheek, and requires a lot of killing and hatred of any group but themselves.

You may continue the hating and lies and general evil in the world....(since this is all Christians do, but I do not believe you should continue thinking we believe you when you pronounce takfir (declare as unbelievers) upon them all...We really are not that stupid.)

At least I am hated for a good, for following God's law, and not for being evil.

Perhaps you wonder why the world sees Christianity as an evil thing, only look to the millions she has killed, enslaved, raped, stolen from, and other nefarious deeds. Truly, I am more frightened of "Christians" than you are of Muslims.

But I do not go around making threads on it. Because at least I know, even if you do not, that you all do not follow Jesus (as) teachings, in my honest opinion, Jesus (as) would be ashamed of you all.

But this is all ok, Jesus (as) is coming back, I am certain until then you all will continue, it is written in prophesy that people hate us for our faith, and will seek our blood.

It is written that there will come a day before the Return, that people will try to kill us all and no Shi'a will be safe, because we are Shi'a. It has already started...

How long do you think before you attack and try to destroy the only nation of Shi'a on earth?

How long for the price on the head of any Shi'a to begin which is prophesied to happen before the return?

It has already begun. We did not start any of it. You hated us for our faith, you wish to destroy us because we follow the commandments of God. God is more than you. I seek to please God, not man.

We simply follow the laws from God. You are free to hate me for that.

And we will.

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." (Rev. 14:12).

The faithful ones at the end of time will hold to these two things: God's commandments and the faith of Jesus.

n verse 6, the first of three angels comes with the everlasting (unchanging) gospel. He also calls us to true worship, recognizing God as creator. This creation statement is essentially quoted from the ten commandments (Ex. 20:8-11). Reading on we see that these commandments, which are kept by the patient ones, are in opposition to the beast's false teachings.

The second angel (verse 8) informs us that Babylon (representing the end-time religio-political power) has fallen because she made all nations drink of the wine of her angry unfaithfulness to God, her perverted doctrines.

I know you all believe you are in the right... but ask yourself why you hate me for keeping the commandments of God.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ah the old Christians have done evil deeds or gone against God argument to excuse their own mis deeds in the name of their religion.

www.biblestudy.org...

There. That justifies the actions ther US takes as well as other Christians as well. That does not cover the ones who disobey these commands though such as extremist. Countries can also do attacking in self defense. Read this article I linked above. then come back with a response.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join