It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Secretary Steven Chu: Climate change evidence mounting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
One of the key, and most easily observable, pieces of evidence has been the hurricane activity since 2005. Recall being told that Katrina was the beginning of ever increasing numbers of and increasing intensity of hurricanes? And, what has been the reality?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
One of the key, and most easily observable, pieces of evidence has been the hurricane activity since 2005. Recall being told that Katrina was the beginning of ever increasing numbers of and increasing intensity of hurricanes? And, what has been the reality?

Well I live on the gulf coast and every year they tell us, the big hurricane season is coming. It usually comes and goes with much ado about nothing.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

the theory I was discussing has predicted the climate change in europe in about 100 years I believe. I tried really hard to be civil last night, but if you think global warming means it gets warmer everywhere, I really just can't discuss this with you

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by syrinx high priest

yes. the theory goes that global warming leads to melting polar ice caps which then adds so much fresh water to the atlantic ocean that the currents change, and the warm water that comes up from the south will no longer makes it way up there, and it will get dramatically colder.

global warming also means wet areas get wetter, and dry areas get dryer

so global warming can mean colder temps for some, and lots of rain for some

And what caused this the last time ? And the time before that and the time before that ?

Several thousand years ago, the sea levels rose dramatically.

What if it was all "natural" ?

What if it's all "natural" now ?

Can someone actually Prove that the entire polar ice caps will completely melt ?

proving the future is a tall task, no matter what side of the fence you are on. I acknowledge that AGW is a theory, and the only constant is change, so the temps are either going up or going down.

but

(you knew it was coming
)

the bathtub theory just strikes me as accurate on a very instinctive level. it just resonates with me. the bathtub theory is that the earth has a certain capacity to absorb green house gasses, but that human activity has potentially tipped the scales, and the bathtub is over flowing

I don't think that's such a crazy idea. human activity in my opinion is not responsible for all of it of course, but industrial human activity by definition is unnatural

it's unnatural to drill for oil (which is what, millions of years old?) refine it into gas, put it in an engine and burn it

that adds to the natural amount that the earth already has produced "naturally"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I agree to a point.

But why then is so "natural" for the money thieves to prey on the issue.

All while the genuine people do absolutely nothing and allow the farce to continue.

With all the "imminent" danger, why all the stalling and stammering ?

ETA: btw, is there a link to that picture ? It's hard to read.

edit on Apr-12-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Apr-12-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If we want a future we have to live a sustainable life. Oil is war. Oil is not sustainable. I choose the sustainable clean energy option. It's time to stop being enemies of life on planet earth and start being stewards.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join