It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.2 off Oregon coast (updated to a 5.9) 7.0 in mexico right after

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Saw that as I'm monitoring several sites and when I saw Canada and the NE U.S. I said, What The Puck???

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

panguitch, utah

2012-04-12 03:29:22

37.806°N

112.100°W

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You are on a conspiracy site. Just because you post some "studies" doesn't mean people will necessarily believe those studies to be true. In fact, NASA has recently named "Fireballs of February" as something that "always happened". Yet, there is NO historical reference to February Fireballs.

Does anyone else here remember reading the newspaper every single day, year after year? I did, and earthquakes were reported in those papers. Anything above a 5 always got press attention. It was never like this before. It is NOT caused by the internet and immediate attention brought to the people. Some of us were news junkies and remember.

There have never been this many large, strong earthquakes in such a short period of time in my memory, which is long and reliable.

OP thank you for a thought-provoking thread and please keep up the good work.

ETA: My mistrust of mainstream media and "science" is exactly what keeps the blinders off. It would behoove many people to question the Authority that keeps people in denial.

edit on 11-4-2012 by imalitehaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

edit on April 11th 2012 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I read through all the posts in this thread and yet I didn't see anyone talking about how these quakes relate to the so called 188 day cycle ...Cat must have their tongue

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus

You are on a conspiracy site. Just because you post some "studies" doesn't mean people will necessarily believe those studies to be true. In fact, NASA has recently named "Fireballs of February" as something that "always happened". Yet, there is NO historical reference to February Fireballs.

Does anyone else here remember reading the newspaper every single day, year after year? I did, and earthquakes were reported in those papers. Anything above a 5 always got press attention. It was never like this before. It is NOT caused by the internet and immediate attention brought to the people. Some of us were news junkies and remember.

There have never been this many large, strong earthquakes in such a short period of time in my memory, which is long and reliable.

OP thank you for a thought-provoking thread and please keep up the good work.

ETA: My mistrust of mainstream media and "science" is exactly what keeps the blinders off. It would behoove many people to question the Authority that keeps people in denial.

edit on 11-4-2012 by imalitehaus because: (no reason given)

This is quite frankly incorrect. You are not connecting yourself with reality and rationally looking at a situation. You have already decided what you want to see. You accept things that agree with you and blatantly deny those that do not.

This website is geared towards providing coverage on conspiracies, that is correct. This does not mean you should deny evidence that does not agree with your conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Just looking at the link

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

To my uneducated eye it looks li,e the Gulf of California is getting rocked today. I dont know enough to state if this is ormal or not but to me it dosnt look too good. My gut feelingis that somethigis going to happen and soon. Hope I am totally wrong though

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Full-screen
Type: Earthquake 51 minutes ago
Magnitude: 5
DateTime: Thursday April 12 2012, 10:26:55 UTC
Region: Gulf Of California
Depth: 10 km Source: CSEM-EMSC Feed

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A 5.3 in Japan within the last hour

link

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
7.1 and 7.0 in Gulf of California

Looks like another day with 7+ magnitude earthquakes. Quite odd.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A lot happened yesterday it seems, what do you think is going to happen next?

Is this a warning of a major one about to go off or will they subside now until later this year?

I gotta say that the weather has also been a bit crazy over the last month.... i reckon its got a lot to do with the planets aligning right now and the Sun!!

Also when you look at the Tectonic plates and how they rub in a certain way.... left to right, up and down or vise versa it kinda reminds me of a puzzle or a lock as if once all the plates are in place something will arise out of the Sea!! (A bit Sci-Fi maybe).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
double post

edit on 12-4-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
3.1 in Oklahoma less than an hour ago ...

How often does that part of the country get an EQ like that? Just asking I don't know ...

-----------------------

As to whether EQs are on the rise here is a pretty good analysis right here on ATS from 2010 ...

his analysis starts with data from 1980, where you start with your data greatly influences the indication of a trend ...

EARTHQUAKES: An analysis indicating increasing frequency and severity

Also the data source is very important ...

I wish someone would do a comprehensive statistical analysis of EQ frequency and magnitude here on ATS ...

It would be educational to try and cherry pick the data both for an increase and a decrease so that a better understanding of how bias can influence the analysis of the data ...

I for one would really like to know whether it is on the increase or not ... I don't want it to be either way but it seems it is on the increase and would like to know what is really going on ...
edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Guys 6.9 in BAJA California, Mexcio.
www.iris.edu...
Is that the BIG one you have been waiting for?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Mexico quake is a shallow one......Was it above land or in the water?

Looking at the map, i would appear land.

West coast kinda busy today, eh?

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Cool linkage thanks much!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
Check out the activity in the last 24 hours...

you got a link to this map?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Orderamongchaos

I am, in fact, correct. Where is there better "evidence" than in a good, old-fashioned newspaper? YOU are in denial. (The reporting used to be much more honest, too).

You didn't bother to read the paragraph I wrote about the newspapers, did you? You are living in a head-in-the-sand dream world if you refuse to acknowledge that we DID have newspapers back in the day and there were NOT this many large earthquakes.

Regarding this being a conspiracy site: You should definitely not trust much mainstream media. You should know better than that. (I believe I gave you an example of NASA lying?).

Your amateur, armchair psychology is all the more amusing when it is you that's in denial.
Stop being so fearful and you might be able to see more clearly. Now, I'm not being unkind to you. Please stop being afraid and it will help you. If the world is changing (and it is) then let it change!

Again, thanks to the OP for a good thread. Amazing to see all these quakes on one page. Kudos to you, KingJod.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Earthquakes happens..even when the end is near but we shouldn't worry,because we have the power to stop them...I guess,but who will listen to me ,to stop the end of the world!No one.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus

You are on a conspiracy site. Just because you post some "studies" doesn't mean people will necessarily believe those studies to be true.

But here's the rub. Not everyone here thinks 'conspiracy website' means 'ignore all actual evidence in favor of totally unsupported opinions'.

I cited evidence which supports my opinion. You only supplied your opinion.

"Conspiracy theory' is not shorthand for 'make # up'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join