It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of federal job cut notices sent out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thousands of federal job cut notices sent out

www.cbc.ca

More than 5,500 federal service employees were notified Wednesday that their jobs are on the line and unions are accusing the government of making the wrong choices and rushing through the cuts.

The Public Service Alliance of Canada said that it was advised that 5,561 of its members in 23 government departments received notices saying they could lose their jobs
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Holy austerity Batman

Did this ever come quick.

And meanwhile the govt is trying to speed up the process on getting immigrants into the country to take jobs that apparently Canadians aren't filling fast enough. Then we get this.

If the Canadian govt thinks for a second that making thousands of Canadians poor is going to jump start the economy they have another thing coming.

www.cbc.ca

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Agreed.
Soon we shall face the same as England presently is.

Problem is, its the wrong employees being turfed, as usual.
And the bums in power just continue to vote themselves raises, and generally shaft the workers to the end.

edit on 11-4-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: forgot a part

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Bad thing about it is, they probably let the people go that we need and kept the people that need to go.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
sounds a lot like what real Americans have been screaming about for years now lol. I hope your government isn't taking pointers from Obama haha

EDIT: well i guess the exception is Obama hiring more federal workers while doing everything else lol
edit on 11-4-2012 by roaland because: additional

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yes, the ones who actually contribute to their local economies - they go so the few at the top can retain their incredulous wages and wonderful perks and hefty pensions.
While they tell us our pension fund is in trouble.

Such waste at all levels of gov't - the Saskatoon Health Region ceo makes 400,000 grand/year, yet they are cutting back front line staff, and yet our premier is shouting to the world to move here for all the jobs - realizing this is at a provincial level, however-- if this is just one of the levels of stupidity provincially, what kind of crud is happening federally ?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Tis true.
All they have to do is cut back on the 200k plus public service salaries and they could keep tons of frontline jobs.

When these people try to branch off into different careers they will find immigrants holding up thenpositions.

Great country we live in.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have posted this scenario many times.

I have stated that Govt. employees shouldn't act so smug, arrogant, rude and superior to the citizens standing in line or waiting on the phone because when all is said and done, they are also just as expendable as the rest of us.

I will clarify by saying NOT all are like this but it does seem to be more and more of a majority these days.

Sad but true.

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I have posted this scenario many times.

I have stated that Govt. employees shouldn't act so smug, arrogant, rude and superior to the citizens standing in line or waiting on the phone because when all is said and done, they are also just as expendable as the rest of us.

I will clarify by saying NOT all are like this but it does seem to be more and more of a majority these days.

Sad but true.

Peace

The same can be said about many different people in a wide variety of careers.

The city I come from has a lot of lower middle class and working poor. We have a very high coat of living from being so far north and live on a spread out area that makes life fairly difficult for people around.s here.

The people making over 100k all look down upon those who don't. They don't even associate with anyone who they consider to be poor. They sit there all day long on their high horse and look down on everyone else.

Mind you this is everywhere. It just speaks at the sense of entitlement in our society that has lead to the downfall of western society.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Holy austerity Batman

Did this ever come quick.

And meanwhile the govt is trying to speed up the process on getting immigrants into the country to take jobs that apparently Canadians aren't filling fast enough. Then we get this.

If the Canadian govt thinks for a second that making thousands of Canadians poor is going to jump start the economy they have another thing coming.

www.cbc.ca

The Canadian government, the American government, any government, what do they have in common? They're all an ef'ing joke! Every one of these governments say contradictory things out of their plurality of faces and most of what comes out of those is the equivalent of feces.

Yeah let's lay off 5,561 workers but say we need to bring in more immigrants to fill all those jobs that aren't available when there are more than 100 times that number of unemployed! This is retarded. I don't know exactly what these fools and morons in government are playing at, but I suggest everyone invest in rope as it is both durable and has many many uses.

ETA: I am sitting here thinking about this and getting more and more pissed off. Our politicians are by real and absolute definition "useful idiots" for their handlers in the international banking sectors, eg. Bank of Canada, the FED, City of London, the Vatican, IMF, World Bank, Bilderbergers, Tri-lats, the CFR and let's not forget Paul deMarais and Powercorp in Canada who introduced us to the Queen's Jesuit Priest, PE Trudeau. The time is coming fast, better start writing down names and making hard copy dossiers. And for the people in the US, if Ron Paul is real and I pray he is, I really hope he gets elected president and starts kickin' ex-presidential and bureaucratic ass. Shame he is so old, since there's a lot of ass to kick.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/11.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

That's exactly what I was thinking

The federal govt has killed over half a million full time jobs since 2006. They were doing it long before the recession for no apparent reason. They have allowed all our big Canadian born corporations to be sold to foreign interests. When is this madness.going to end??

They keep saying time are tough. Well no kidding its tough, you've killed everything that made this country great, and now that the money is being siphoned out of our economy they suddenly act surprised?

You know, I always looked at was going on in the US, in Europe and I was thankful that we weren't going through that here. But now?? I just don't know anymore.

Sad times for western society in general.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Fricking scary stuff here.....I have been bitching for over a year here about this situation. LINK below
news.nationalpost.com...

And to ad to this almost rant here is a good link and check out the Canadian factor on the map....
demonocracy.info...
Supreme post and S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
From the OP:

The employees were notified that they are "affected" but layoffs are not guaranteed for all of them, some may be moved to other departments where there are vacancies.

Really hard to say exactly what the numbers will be at this point. Union demands have put expectations into the stratosphere and when economies are on the decline they simply are not sustainable. One need only look at the big 3 auto makers in the US....years of producing garbage products yet union demands that ultimately crushed them.

There is tons of waste and mismanagement at the government level that is overstating the obvious. For starters, kill the CBC in its entirety, then cut the F-35's.

I won't argue that CEO's of the public sector are overpaid, everyone wants that gravy train to end.

brill

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I know, it's disgusting. All the crown corporations were sold off to private interests. That took surplus money out of the government coffers and put it in the hands of private enterprise. That excess profit from crown corporations was actually reducing the federal and provincial tax rates in the 60's, 70's and even up to the 80's. Now the burden of costs have been shifted on the private citizen while the tax rates go up, but why? Well, because the government doesn't have the extra "profit" from crown corporations, they are forced to borrow money from the bank of Canada (which is owned by the IMF and controlled by Goldman Sachs). So we have exactly the same problem as the US, since the FED is also controlled by the IMF and ruled by Goldman Sachs and their spawn.

So every penny that's printed comes with an interest bearing price tag. If you have to borrow money to supply your own currency pool, you can never get out of debt. SO the federal tax increases to pay for the services of the loan to the IMF through the BOC. In fact the service payments are so high that more than 88% of all Federal tax is service interest on the loan to the IMF.

The solutions are simple and it sure isn't rocket science;

Divorce the queen so that Canada can become a country, rather than the colony it is at present. We then have control of our future.

Take back federal treasury control of the bank of Canada and hang the traitors in the boC. The subhuman scum controlling the boC have created as many or more problems than even foreign corporations. The government says they appoint the governors of the boC, which is true but not the whole story. It's a lie of omission. The government is given a list by the IMF et al, of potential governors when a spot opens up and the government dare not select anyone that isn't on that IMF list.

Take back the crown corporations like Bell and all of the Hydro and Gas utility companies and others. As I said to subsidize government costs. I would rather give a government that was operating on a social credit system, the profit from all those corporations as it would have a much higher probability of being used wisely for ALL Canadians.

Stop all further immigration until unemployment falls below 4%. This is a no-brainer LOL.

Bring all of the jobs presently moved offshore by Bell and others back into Canada. Again, if you move 50,000 jobs offshore to save money for a private corporation, your putting that money into the shareholders pockets for the corporation, not the stakeholders pockets of the colony or country to which you sell your services.

Have a full investigation of the MSM in Canada. These wankers just keep putting out the BS from the government shills, I and a lot of other people want to know why they lie and divert so much from the truth.

Re-examine and repeal ALL treaties. So far I can't think of one treaty that has benefited the "people" of Canada, get rid of the treaties if they are of no benefit to us. That may seem selfish, but I would rather see us get our house in order and then look at what we can do for others.

Full investigation of past governments as far back as we can go. It would be nice to build an accurate and provable history of the corruption within our government, you know, just so we know how the traitors pulled all of this off. Oh, and of course so they can be dealt a little justice.

Yeah, I have lots of idea, so do everyone else I am quite sure. I wrote a page on my website just about activism and what needs to change here in Canada.

I hate say it, but I would rather see 50% of the population working productively while making reasonable salaries (not excessive) for the government and the crown corporations than have offshore and foreign enterprises that simply want to suck the resources out of our COLONY and into their own already full pockets while controlling huge packets of the population.

I am quit sure I will hear some noise about this (waves at Jim and Gary at CSIS, btw guys your retarded debriefing is in the book, but you know that eh).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/11.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

What can I say but those are all fantastic ideas.

Yeah I knew there was something wrong with Canada for awhile. I've been.telling people.forever that we are still bit a colony.

One thing I find though, Canadians have to be the most submissive people in the western world when.it comes to protecting their freedoms.
Honestly, throughout all these evils being committed over the past few years I can help but be disgusted by the lack of action. Yeah Canadians love to bitch and complain, but they don't so a damn thing when it hits the fan but roll over and take it raw.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Good the sooner we shut down the federal government the better off we will be! Not to worry the idiots that won't get cut this time around will soon be cut too. They are out of money folks and have been living on credit pure and simple. This will be happening in state governments too and already is in many of them.

edit on 11-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The problem is not the purging of jobs.

The problem is the purging of jobs while top level managers continue to make fortunes with no reduction in salary.
The problem is the killing of jobs while they bring in tons of immigrants to fill non existent positions.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Queen, and Canada's status as a commonwealth country have sweet # all to do with the situation, beyond the fact that if the Governor General had a backbone, they would suspend parliament while the voting scandal, and contempt of parliament issues were sorted out. Being a constitutional monarchy actually protects the population from becoming utterly powerless, it is a protection, a rarely used one, but it is still there.

Canada has not been a colony for some time, ever hear of the BNA, and the Patriation of the Canadian Constitution?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Note that this is in Canada and I'm in the good old USA..........However, this is all part of the NWO plan for the North American Union.

"They" TPTB, are systematically dismantling the middle class.

Yep, and like the US our governments are not looking out for their own voters and tax payers they are owned and run by the large corporations.

Within ten years we will have two classes, The haves and have nots.

new topics

top topics

join