It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GSA employees travel to Hawaii five-days for a one-hour ribbon cutting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
GSA employees travel to Hawaii five-days for a one-hour ribbon cutting
By Chad Pergram
Published April 11, 2012 | FoxNews.com

Your Tax dollars at work again !!

The House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee said Wednesday that five employees associated with the recently scandal-plagued Government Services Administration went to Hawaii for up to a week in 2011 to attend an hour-long ribbon cutting on space leased by the federal government for the FBI.

Details of the incident surfaced in a transcript of an interview between the GSA Inspector General’s Office and a GSA employee.

The employee indicated to the IG investigator that trip was not isolated and that there was another, longer junket scheduled for Hawaii this fall.

How about just One ??

Or even None

All they had to do was cut a ribbon ??

How 'bout using somebody from a local office ??

The corruption is getting exposed slowly but surely

Unemployment is too high !!

Put that money BACK into the Treasury !!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Whoever can guess what they did for the rest of the week wins a Digital cookie...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
now thats winning the junket lottery

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

It's a very technical term unfamiliar to most laymen. Acclimatise.
It takes much time but little effort, it often involves one just being present.
ETA I know it sounds like politics from my description but it isn't.
edit on 11/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 11/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Hu-Rah.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I have 2 questions. Are those real chocolate chips and is that cookie for me?

*flutters eyelids in a flattering manner*

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

They most certainly are real Digital chocolate chips! And it certainly is

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Important Topic Updates

Federal employees got bonuses for planning agency's lavish 2010 event, investigation reveals

Awarding bonuses for wasting taxpayer dollars?

That appears to be incentive offered by the federal agency under fire for spending lavishly on a 2010 conference held near Las Vegas. The latest details from an inspector general report on the conference reveal 50 employees were given cash awards of $500 and $1,000 for their work arranging the now-infamous conference.

"It would also appear that a number of GSA bureaucrats who helped arrange the Las Vegas junket were handed cash bonuses for their work in wasting the better part of a million dollars," Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., said Tuesday.

Now I really want my money back !!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So they are receiving a Bonus out of your Tax money for spending your tax money on an event attended by people whose wages are paid by your tax money? It doesn't get any worse than that really

edit on 11/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Reminds me of the people who were hitting the bar while the Titanic was sinking.
Get everything you can while you still can.
These people should pay restitution to the taxpayers for their arrogance.
I just hope they aren't going to get their full retirement after being fired for this.
Are they union by any chance?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Reminds me of the people who were hitting the bar while the Titanic was sinking.
Get everything you can while you still can.
These people should pay restitution to the taxpayers for their arrogance.
I just hope they aren't going to get their full retirement after being fired for this.
Are they union by any chance?

The GSA employees have a union.

The National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE) is an American labor union which represents about 100,000 public employees in the federal government.

NFFE has about 200 local unions, most of them agency-wide bargaining units. Its members work primarily in the Department of Defense, the Forest Service, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the General Services Administration, the National Park Service, the Army Corps of Engineers, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Passport Services division of the Bureau of Consular Affairs (Department of State).
National Federation of Federal Employees

Most likely, supervisors, managers, etc. are not in the union.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Sadly I have two friends who work for the government and they brag about stuff like this all the time. They can take up to three months a year off without loosing a single days pay also. Neither has a degree and both earn over $120,000 a year.

Both have easy jobs. In fact one picks up barrels on one side of a warehouse with a overhead crane and sets the barrel down on the other side. She is the Shop Steward for the Union and gets an annual trip on the taxpayers to a different location every year. She earns now over $140,000 plus another $40,000 in perks.

....and they wonder why were pissed

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So how many government employees does it take to cut a ribbon? It takes at least five and it takes them a week. I didnt even get an invitation or a t-shirt.

new topics

top topics

join