It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drink a Couple of Brewskies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

We can just imagine Budweiser's top brass high-fiving each other upon hearing that drinking alcohol before a test might improve your score (no, you're not sloshed, you read that right). In a study of 40 men, University of Illinois researchers found that subjects who downed two pints of beer before a quiz fared better than their sober counterparts. And not just a little better - the drinkers solved 40 percent more brain teasers than the teetotalers, and solved them faster. We're not advocating getting hammered before the LSATs, but if you've got a breathalyzer handy, the study says that the optimum blood alcohol level for enhanced "creative problem solving" is 0.07.

now.msn.com...

Good news for beer lovers, getting a little buzzed may help you 'problem solve' - maybe we should get Obama a glass
They say that 0.07 alcohol blood percentage is the optimal level for 'creative problem solving'
Isn't that .01 away from being over the legal driving limit here in California? Pop Quiz - Pop a Beer

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i can remember when i was at uni and we had a multiple choice test on database systems (was only worth 5% marks) but unfortunately i'd forgotten it was test day and had met the better half for a couple of hours supping some stella artois in the students union bar, so i turned up and realized o-bleep its a test day and did the test - i got 95% for the test until i decided to check my answers at which point i doubted my intuition and ended up getting about 30% right so theres a thing with beer and exams just trust the force and if you doubt you'll fail

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

awesome story, I had test in college but before we went to class to take the test we went to the local pub, I came back got a 95% but when I looked at the test after it was graded all the words were spelled wrong, really wrong, it looked like a child did the test but it was a test for a computer class and spelling didn't matter. I guess maybe it's not best for the cognitive skills but possible better for mental skills, anyways Cheers!

new topics

join